You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sunday Major Sats.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,176
    MISTY4ME said:

Several times I've played with only 4 runners for the 2 seats, though only once this Summer.

Post the lobby then.

I usually know the players and they recognize what good value 2 seats for 4 players is.

As is winning the lottery.
    It rarely if ever happens.

.......and NO I don't agree to increase the numbers from 3 to 4 is pointless, when 2 seats are on offer, especially when you do actually get 4, the sat. goes ahead, you end up with only 7 players and you have 2 seats (as happened in the 5.15pm sat. on Sunday) ......MUCH BETTER :)

That is one example.
    Yet many are cancelled.
    You have no proof that any of the players entered because of the extra seat, or whether they would have entered anyway, if there was a min three runners and only one seat guaranteed.

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2022

Post the lobby then.

CBA trawling thru' my account to find it ........ and it's probably not possible since the change to My Account :'(

Somebody wins BIG every week ..tho' not necessarily the JACKPOT ;)

That is one example.
    Yet many are cancelled.
    You have no proof that any of the players entered because of the extra seat, or whether they would have entered anyway, if there was a min three runners and only one seat guaranteed.

I'll defo play more of these now ...... I must be able to 2-Table at least B)B)

GOOD LUCK for the week

See you SUNDAY

:)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Post the lobby then.

CBA trawling thru' my account to find it ........ and it's probably not possible since the change to My Account :'(

Somebody wins BIG every week ..tho' not necessarily the JACKPOT ;)

That is one example.
    Yet many are cancelled.

I'll defo play more of these now ...... I must be able to 2-Table at least B)B)

GOOD LUCK for the week

See you SUNDAY

:)

On and on and on and on and on..........................................
    Yet more irrelevant stuff.
    No proof.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

.......and NO I don't agree to increase the numbers from 3 to 4 is pointless, when 2 seats are on offer, especially when you do actually get 4, the sat. goes ahead, you end up with only 7 players and you have 2 seats (as happened in the 5.15pm sat. on Sunday) ......MUCH BETTER :)

This may have been purely because there were 15 runners in the 5pm.

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Post the lobby then.

Yawn.

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2022
    If a lot of the seats turn into flips them maybe Sky could have some “All In” sat’s to the Semi’s as well as the Main Sunday tournaments?

Just a thought.

I play my best poker in “All in” sat’s. Ask anyone.
  • Options
    .........and after all this going on & on & on .....leave it as it is, 'coz the numbers will come back very soon, when the weather changes and the nights start 'drawing in' :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

.........and after all this going on & on & on .....leave it as it is, 'coz the numbers will come back very soon, when the weather changes and the nights start 'drawing in' :)

Mystic Meg?
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Just to repeat myself because it hasnt sunk in.
    I was merely asking the question which was,
    If the addition of an extra guaranteed seat results in a number of cancellations, at a particular time during the day, doesnt this defeat the purpose of doing it?
    The facts that support this are,
    Every week there are cancellations, where 3 runners are registered.

Most people would probably accept that if there were less cancellations caused by a one seat guarantee, and three runners, that would be a good thing.
    Bearing in mind that the goal from Skys point of view is to attract five or more runners to avoid losing money.
    The overwhelming majority of the sats that start with three runners, end up with more than five.

As I have said I have never, ever played one that has ended with four runners, and paid out 2 seats.
    You say you have, but cant find the proof, even if it does exist.
    Lets say you are telling the truth and it did happen once.
    What would that prove?
    How could something that happened once is proof that players see it as an incentive, when the other side of the coin is that this "incentive" causes cancellations every week.

So lets try one more time.
    An incentive is causing sats to be cancelled every week, at certain times.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Can you repeat that please Haysie i missed it first time :p
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    stokefc said:

@stokefc @HAYSIE @MISTY4ME

I hope so, I've taken the Overs on a 40 post thread.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    stokefc said:

Can you repeat that please Haysie i missed it the first 27 times :p

Fixed your post @stokefc
  • Options
    stokefc said:

No f...k off. :D
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

Can you repeat that please Haysie i missed it the first 27 times :p

Fixed your post @stokefc
    In my defence that only happened because the point was not sinking in with Mr two short planks.
  • Options
    MISTY'C MEG thinks there won't be a problem with the afternoon 2 seat sat's this Sunday .....or too much in future, as I for one, will be joining more (as I mentioned earlier), and I'm sure there will be others too, having seen this thread. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Does anyone know how to get Tourney Lobbies up from the past (more than 3 days ago)? :*

......or is it not possible anymore Tony @Tikay10

Just asking to help you with your bet on the 'overs' obv.

@Sky__James @mumsie @bbMike @MattBates @FeelGroggy ....and Keith @goldnballz obv
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

MISTY'C MEG thinks there won't be a problem with the afternoon 2 seat sat's this Sunday .....or too much in future, as I for one, will be joining more (as I mentioned earlier), and I'm sure there will be others too, having seen this thread. ;)

Thankyou Mr two short.
    I bow to your superior knowledge, and am glad to have helped Sky solve a problem, that you didnt see as one.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Does anyone know how to get Tourney Lobbies up from the past (more than 3 days ago)? :*

......or is it not possible anymore Tony @Tikay10

Just asking to help you with your bet on the 'overs' obv.

Not to prove your point?
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

I am going now as you have worn me out Mr two short.
    Just one last question.
    If you ran a poker site where a particular tourney was cancelled week after week at particular times, due to being one runner short.
    Would you address the problem or merely continue to cancel them?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I am going now as you have worn me out Mr two short.
    Just one last question.
    If you ran a poker site where a particular tourney was cancelled week after week at particular times, due to being one runner short.
    Would you address the problem or merely continue to cancel them?
    Well 'the Team' at SKYPoker are far more knowledgeable than me (I think), and they haven't seen fit to alter it.

Anyway Mr Hayes, it's your fault I am how I am....... you taught me well, and to never take NO for an answer. (incidentally an anagram of ON ..and ON and ON)

;):D

Mr TOO Short :)