You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Orfordable League, the friendly tourney with added prizes as a bonus

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
edited August 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, August Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on August 5th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:August 5th- Winner: stokefc; League leader: stokefc

Week 2: August 12th- Winner: wynne1938; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 3: August 19th- Winner: fredsgirl; League Leader: fredsgirl

Week 4: August 26th- Winner: SidV79; League Winner: fredsgirl

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 2nd 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 2nd 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 2nd 2022

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    edited August 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Congratulations to our prizewinners for July, @goldnballz & @weecheez1, I am certain that everyone wishes both of them the best of luck tonight as they strive to make their prizes pay, good luck guys.
    Another month has dawned so we begin again on a quest to win some cash and maybe a prize after Week 4 of this month.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    am pi$$ed and HU wi Paula i alwayys lose against Paula
    edited August 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, another nice day for everyone to enjoy. There were 39 players who made the start last night, 16 being Orfy regged. Of those 16 just 3 made the FT and they were;
    When @THECHIMP plays he regularly reaches the late stages of the tourney and so it turned out to be again last night as he finished in 8th place whilst laying a claim to 3rd overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    With @stokefc & @fredsgirl contesting what I can imagine was a titanic HU tussle between them, only a fool could have predicted that @fredsgirl took the runner-up spot along with 2nd overall, well played Paula.
    As you can guess it was @stokefc who took the win last night, topping the overall League Table in the process, so Congratulations and very well played Sean.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week.
    Here is the League table after August Week 1

From what i remember i got lucky :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,850
    stokefc said:

@stokefc

Can the real Stoke FC get that lucky v Blackpool this afternoon though?

PS - well done mate.
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

Can the real Stoke FC get that lucky v Blackpool this afternoon though?

PS - well done mate.
    Thanks mate
    Looking at last weeks performance i'd say no MON needs to pull his finger out the fans are turning and once that happens ..well you know the rest :(
  • diamondleediamondlee Member Posts: 67
    stokefc said:

You had some nice hands last night mate, wp B)
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and still enjoying the lovely weather. Week 2 is upon us already but still all to play for as only the best two scores count for everyone. Will we see a change at the top of the League or can @stokefc have another good run to cement his number one status? I have no idea but the cards will fall how they fall so I would like to wish everyone the very best of luck for tonight.
    Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, there were 27 players that turned up last night with 15 being Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT.
    A FT regular, @Boxster made his first Orfy appearance this month with a very good 2nd place last night, well played Boxy.
    One place below in 3rd was yours truly, I sit in 11th overall.
    Another making his first FT of the month was @MAXALLY who finished in 6th place, enough to leave him in 7th overall, well played Alan.
    Two weeks since his last FT @Toffeeandy played his way into 10th place last night and into 5th overall, well played Andy.
    Also a first FT of the month went the way of @wynne1938 who outlasted everybody to take the win and move to 4th overall, congratulations on your win , very well played Wynne.
    Last weeks League leader @stokefc drops to 3rd overall after finishing in 22nd whilst @fredsgirl remains in 2nd place after she finished in 16th last night.
    That leaves our only two time FTer this month @THECHIMP taking the overall lead after finishing 4th last night and sitting on a score of 12, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after August Week 2

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. Week 3 has arrived and nobody has really staked a claim on a prize this month so everyone still has the chance to grab one. The score to beat, at the moment, is 12 which is a decent enough score (& has won a prize before) but if recent iterations are a guide as to what represents a prizewinning score then a single figure is much more preferable. With that I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 and it is all change at the top again. There were 29 players who took the plunge last night, with 14 being Orfy regged. Of those 14 a very healthy 7 made the FT so let's find out who they were and how the table looks now.
    A first FT of the month in 8th place was not enough to stop @daggers747 unluckily falling 2 places overall into 14th, well played daggers.
    Also making his first FT of the month, finishing in 9th place, was @Asho28 who managed to climb an impressive 11 places into 7th overall, well played Ash.
    Making his 2nd FT in a row @Toffeeandy finished in 3rd place last night but still fell one place to 6th overall, well played Andy.
    Last week's League leader @THECHIMP made his 3rd FT in a row, finishing in 5th last night and improving his score to 9, yet still fell 3 places into 4th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    A second FT in a row, taking 6th place was enough to propel yours truly into 3rd overall, on countback, with the same score as @THECHIMP.
    Our Week 1 leader, @stokefc, made his 2nd FT of the month with a 4th place last night which moved him back up a place into 2nd overall, on a very good score of 5, well played Sean.
    Also making a 2nd FT of the month @fredsgirl took the WIN last night and in doing so climbed a single place up to the top of the League, congratulations on your win and very well played Paula.
    I would like to thank everyone who played last night and hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after August Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is the final week (Week 4) of August so we shall be finding out who our winners are tonight.
    So far this month, we have had three different League leaders, will this month's Champ be one of them? With the compression of scores at the top of the league after last week it most certainly could happen, although with the lowest score being just 3 makes it that little bit harder to beat. Nevertheless, there are plenty of players still in with a chance of lifting a prize tonight, they just need to try that little bit harder. That should make tonight's Orfy a tad more exciting than is usual.
    With that I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the Autoreg list

edited August 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, as you all know last night was Week 4 of 4 so we have a winner!
    There were 33 starters this week, with 16 being Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month @weecheez1 finished in 7th place last night and moved up a single place into 9th overall, well played cheez.
    Another making his first FT of the month was @Boomswitch who finished two places higher in 5th last night, helping him move up 4 places into 8th overall, well played Boom.
    A second FT for @MAXALLY, finishing in 4th place last night, helped him climb a very good 8 places into 5th overall, well played Alan.
    A fourth consecutive FT, with a 10th place finish, was not quite enough to help @THECHIMP grab a prize as he remained exactly where he started yesterday in 4th place overall, excellent consistency and well played Mr Chimp.
    Onto our top 3, @stokefc could only manage a 13th place last night and dropped to 3rd overall, well played Sean.
    I took the win last night, which was my third FT of the month (5th in 6 weeks) and climbed a place into 2nd overall.
    Another making a 3rd FT of the month, finishing in 8th last night, was @fredsgirl, who managed to keep hold of the League Lead and take the Win for August, congratulations & very well played Paula.
    The prizewinners for August are @fredsgirl and @stokefc*, both shall be entered into next Friday's (September 2nd) 9.30pm £11 BH. Best of luck to both of you.
    * As admin for the Orfy I do not collect a prize so even though I finished in 2nd place this month, the prize goes to whomever finishes in third place.
    Another month done (& nearer Christmas lol) so onto the next and I hope to see you all next week, thank you to everyone who has played, without you there would not be a tourney to be admin of.
    Here is the updated & final table for August after August Week 4

• daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 186
    well played syd . dont think anyone would begrudge you taking the prize.
    everyone really appreciates the work you do to make friday orfi day.
    what you think stokie.

well played syd . dont think anyone would begrudge you taking the prize.
    everyone really appreciates the work you do to make friday orfi day.
    what you think stokie.

In my book Andy should have the seat but i don't make the rules and i was lucky to finish 3rd
    Do you think Andy should have the seat @daggers747
  • daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 186
    I think he deserves it for coming second and all the work he puts in running it.
    Not an anti stokie rant. love all orfi supporters xxx
  • diamondleediamondlee Member Posts: 67
    Can I be entered into the league please?

Can I be entered into the league please?

Hi @diamondlee, welcome to the Orfordable League, we are most glad you have decided to join our little band of merry souls in our little tourney. I shall add you to the list which you will be able to see on Friday when I make the new month's post. Your result(s) are posted on Saturday morning where you will see your League position and score. I look forward to seeing you on Friday

Andy
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Well played 2nd & 3rd place.

First place massively fluked it....

Well played 2nd & 3rd place.

First place massively fluked it....

Thanks Keith but you'd best hope Paula doesn't read this lol