You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The entire Albanian village built on British cash:

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,038
edited November 2022 in The Rail
paid for with money sent from their son who entered Britain illegally (though it's not quite finished as their builder has left…for the UK)

Sait Shabaj and his wife Xheride were the lucky beneficiaries of their 30-year-old son Nimet's arrival in London on the back of a truck. Their £100,000 pink mansion includes an orange tree orchard and offers views over a river valley in Rrasek. But the project remains unfinished because the builder has also fled the country for a better life in England, one of 10,000 adult men to cross the Channel by boat this year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11403819/Albanian-family-home-theyve-built-money-sent-son-entered-Britain-illegally.html

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    That's one of the reasons this country is skint.
    Too much money being sent abroad and not spent here.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Nice house, good on em
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
    Allan23 said:

Nice house, good on em

@Allan23

+1.

Love to see folks bettering themselves & their families.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,493
    Drain the Ocean ... Flood the World ... Feather your Nest.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I moved from the midlands to down south, I had zero money, lived in ‘bed sits’ and the very worst ‘hotels’ you could imagine.
    After a few years working in the hotel trade, and behind the bars I got a trade in joinery.
    My constant battle with alcohol was with me throughout.
    Now, I have a lovely wife, beautiful children, a gorgeous grandson, a house almost paid for, and holiday abroad ( never went abroad whist living ‘oop north’)

Anyone care to point out difference between my story and those coming here to try and forge a better life for themselves?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262

@tomgoodun nails it in one.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

People can spend their money as they please.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,493
    Yep! Really should pay the Tax Man more to send as Aid to Countries with Space Programmes and starving people.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Kind of seen this first hand and it creates problems.

The Holiday Park where my caravan was sited has just allocated their entire hire fleet of 96 caravans for use by Ukranian families. Win for the families, win for Wynn, Sam, Paris and Rio who own the site as they are being paid £500 per family per week YEAR ROUND.

However, the Ukranian families do not patronise either the bars or the cafes as they send the bulk of any money they have back home. Result is 6 full time staff now out of work because the people who used to rent the caravans used the facilities and now its like a ghost town.

We left the site on Nov 4th as the owners are looking to move older vans out in order to bring more hire fleet onto the site meaning it will only get worse.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025

VespaPX said:

I've missed you too...
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,038

Kind of seen this first hand and it creates problems.

The Holiday Park where my caravan was sited has just allocated their entire hire fleet of 96 caravans for use by Ukranian families. Win for the families, win for Wynn, Sam, Paris and Rio who own the site as they are being paid £500 per family per week YEAR ROUND.

However, the Ukranian families do not patronise either the bars or the cafes as they send the bulk of any money they have back home. Result is 6 full time staff now out of work because the people who used to rent the caravans used the facilities and now its like a ghost town.

We left the site on Nov 4th as the owners are looking to move older vans out in order to bring more hire fleet onto the site meaning it will only get worse.

The house is in Ukraine.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    HAYSIE said:

paid for with money sent from their son who entered Britain illegally (though it's not quite finished as their builder has left…for the UK)

Sait Shabaj and his wife Xheride were the lucky beneficiaries of their 30-year-old son Nimet's arrival in London on the back of a truck. Their £100,000 pink mansion includes an orange tree orchard and offers views over a river valley in Rrasek. But the project remains unfinished because the builder has also fled the country for a better life in England, one of 10,000 adult men to cross the Channel by boat this year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11403819/Albanian-family-home-theyve-built-money-sent-son-entered-Britain-illegally.html

A purple house with purple people....Indigo
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

VespaPX said:

I've missed you too...
    Your frothing xenophobia once again lured me back in.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,028
    So everyone has missed 'Paid for with money sent from their son who entered Britain illegally'
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @hhyftrftdr Do you believe that people should be allowed to enter the country illegally?
  • Options
    paid for with money sent from their son who entered Britain illegally
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Could you point out the ‘legal’ route for people to settle in Britain please.
  • Options
    What are safe and legal routes?
    By ‘safe and legal’ route, we mean the formal sanction by the UK of journeys to the UK – e.g. where a visa is granted or available for the journey or the person is permitted to travel to the UK without a visa. A journey under any other circumstances is not by a safe and legal route. However, this does not mean the journey is either unlawful or unsafe, though its being made in circumstances that are not formally sanctioned gives rise to significant risks of exploitation, abuse and other harm. As regards lawfulness of journeys that are not by safe and legal routes, we note there is no requirement in international law that a claim for asylum be made in any particular country and a refugee may legitimately cross multiple borders in order to reach the place where she, he or they seek asylum.i

^ Copied from Amnesty international
  • Options
    The context of
    tomgoodun said:

lucy4 said:

Could you point out the ‘legal’ route for people to settle in Britain please.
    I'm no legal expert but I'd thought hiding in the back of a lorry to gain entry to a country doesn't constitute a legitimate reason for asylum.