You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

download client

2»

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Hi @mumsie thanks for the bump on this.

I have had a look through and it still looks like the old AIR (ie not Harman) that the previous posts apply to.

Apologies if I am being daft.

Hi all,

Firstly, this is definitely our bad so I'd like to apologise for it. We pretty much did the equivalent of ignoring the dashboard warning light and were then shocked when smoke came out of the bonnet.

We create a signature so your computer can confirm that the Download Client one of our products - just like the padlock you see in your browser address bar. This signature has a lifetime and, unfortunately, it expired. There's a grace period, but we've just learned that it only applies to upgrades, not to new installations.

This means that you get the error message for a fresh installation. We're working as quick as we can to get an updated signature, but in the mean time I'll try to give a better explanation of how to work around it. The steps posted above are correct, but are a nightmare to understand, so hopefully this is more helpful.

Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe AIR. You can download this from https://get.adobe.com/air/.

With the latest version, you can tell AIR to ignore the expired signature. For Windows, here are the steps:

1. Get the Sky Poker client from this link, and save it in your Downloads folder.
    2. Open This PC from the file explorer, or by pressing ⊞Win+E.
    3. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 folder.
    4. Hold down the Ctrl key. Keep hold of it until step 7!
    5. Right-click on Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe and click Run as administrator:

6. When asked "do you want to allow the following program to make changes", click Yes.
    7. A window pops up where you can select the file to install. You can let go of the Ctrl key now!
    8. Select the SkyPoker-1-151.air file from your Downloads folder:

9. Now you should be able to install the client. If you still get "Sorry, an error has occurred", you need to make sure you have the latest version of AIR installer (version 32) and held Ctrl throughout the process...

If anyone wants more explanation, particularly of the Mac process which is almost as bad, please ask.

Once again, we're really sorry it's come to this, and we will release the update to fix this issue as soon as we possibly can.

Hi, I am trying to follow the above instructions to install Sky Poker on a new laptop, but no joy with the link suggested, could anyone please assist?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    What windows have you got G?
    mumsie said:

Windows 10
    mumsie said:

Windows 10
    StayOrGo said:

Hi all,

Firstly, this is definitely our bad so I'd like to apologise for it. We pretty much did the equivalent of ignoring the dashboard warning light and were then shocked when smoke came out of the bonnet.

We create a signature so your computer can confirm that the Download Client one of our products - just like the padlock you see in your browser address bar. This signature has a lifetime and, unfortunately, it expired. There's a grace period, but we've just learned that it only applies to upgrades, not to new installations.

This means that you get the error message for a fresh installation. We're working as quick as we can to get an updated signature, but in the mean time I'll try to give a better explanation of how to work around it. The steps posted above are correct, but are a nightmare to understand, so hopefully this is more helpful.

Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe AIR. You can download this from https://get.adobe.com/air/.

THE LATEST VERSION DOESN'T WORK BUT https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime (Version 33.1.1.744) DOES

With the latest version, you can tell AIR to ignore the expired signature. For Windows, here are the steps:

1. Get the Sky Poker client from this link, and save it in your Downloads folder.
    2. Open This PC from the file explorer, or by pressing ⊞Win+E.
    3. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 folder.
    4. Hold down the Ctrl key. Keep hold of it until step 7!
    5. Right-click on Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe and click Run as administrator:

6. When asked "do you want to allow the following program to make changes", click Yes.
    7. A window pops up where you can select the file to install. You can let go of the Ctrl key now!
    8. Select the SkyPoker-1-151.air file from your Downloads folder:

9. Now you should be able to install the client. If you still get "Sorry, an error has occurred", you need to make sure you have the latest version of AIR installer (version 32) and held Ctrl throughout the process...

If anyone wants more explanation, particularly of the Mac process which is almost as bad, please ask.

Once again, we're really sorry it's come to this, and we will release the update to fix this issue as soon as we possibly can.

Hi, I am trying to follow the above instructions to install Sky Poker on a new laptop, but no joy with the link suggested, could anyone please assist?
    YESSSS!! The above works, but you have to use the version of Adobe Air below (I have also updated the above). Many thanks @mumsie @Tikay10 @sutpidneek got there thanks to the three of you, much appreciated!

https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime (Version 33.1.1.744) at time of writing
    bump