You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tonight's PTP goodness

2»

Comments

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about rounders is the little bat they use?
  • Options
    timebomb10timebomb10 Member Posts: 202
    edited April 2010
    cheers guna buy it if i can find it in one of them junk basket things
    sorry to the guys who hasnt seen the movie i basically told you the whole story
    (nicolas cage when he goes off on 1 is like me after a bad beat) lol and that sarah jessica parker
    looks really nice in it :P shame i think of annie the musical when i think of her JUST PUTS ME OFF HER
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited April 2010
    The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is .......

When Matt Damon's character is watching the law professor's poker game and he is so absolutely clear about what hands are held by the players.  It would be "more realistic" if he put players on a range of hands, coming up with some percentage chance of what different players are holding, rather than the specificity of his analysis in the film.  But more important than that is the fact that the entire plot develops when Worm takes $10,000 in credit and charges it to the account of Matt Damon's character. That would never happen!!!!

Good Luck Tonight
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited April 2010
    Apologies for the lack of Omaha action on OmaHartigan this evening, but I'm STILL in the £6k Double Stack!

At the second break, I have 60,690 in chips - 5th out of 59.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll over-play a mediocre hand like QT during the next level, resulting in a swift exit and a return to the 5p/10p PLO tables...

• Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    I know I'm repeating myself from last time but:

The most redonkulous thing about the movie 'Rounders' is..."

Jonhy Chan folding a hand preflop after he willingly put a chip in it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, I've made it into the final 10!

Thanks to all my supporters on the rail - I really appreciate it.

I'll sort out the competition, etc. when this tournament's finally over!!!

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2010
    GOOD LUCK JAMES

TAKE IT DOWN!
  • Options
    hawk7112hawk7112 Member Posts: 3,627
    edited April 2010
    Wd James
    Having an early diner must of helped :)
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2010
    wd james
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well Played James.

I can now officially crown you Sky Poker Reigning PTP Champion 2010.
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited April 2010
    Very well done James!
  • Options
    rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm, thought it was supposed to be omaha hartigan ;) Congrats on tonight, very well played
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's PTP goodness:
    Hmmm, thought it was supposed to be omaha hartigan ;) Congrats on tonight, very well played
    Posted by rossjb14
    DID JAMES WIN?

I was railing the whole way then had to leave when there were 4 left.. sigh
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blimey, that was a bit unexpected!

Thanks for all your kind comments on the forum - and your messages of support in the chat box during the epic final table.

Sorry if I've left anyone out, but a massive thanks attack to hawk7112, GREGHOGG, Nutter5932, Machka, darich, MAXALLY, murray69 and acebarry10.

Sorry, LML.  In the words of Lancey Howard: "You're good, kid.  But, as long as I'm around, you're second best.  You might as well learn to live with it." :-)

As far as tonight's contest is concerned...

I'm amazed how many people haven't seen 'Rounders'!  Anyway, I happen to like the scene where Mike calls all the cards at the judges' game.  It reminds me of the sick hand-reading skills of players like Daniel Negreanu and Gavin Grifffin.

So, I'm going to award tonight's prize to scotty77.  And, as I busted him from tonight's tournament, it feels appropriate.

Ryan - you'll get a PM on Tuesday from Sky_Claire.

I'm now away for a few weeks: winter sports holiday in Lapland; then working on the NAPT Mohegan Sun and EPT San Remo tournaments.  So, you won't see me at the Sky Poker tables until the end of the month.

Until then, have fun!

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2010

VWD James..I couldnt load the FT for some reason! Congrats anyway.
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited April 2010
    WOOOHOOOOOO!!!

VWD Sir! and that is why you are a Jedi master and I am just an eager young Padawan ;)

Have an awesome time in Lapland.

xx
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm, JAMES going on a winter sports holiday and Lisa-Marie going snowboarding.   There's nothing suspicious about that at all, is all I'm saying...
  • Options
    murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited April 2010
    Yeh deffo something goin on there haha ;)

Very well played james, also well done to dewy who was the short stack for a long while on finishing 2nd, and ul that other person who finished 3rd who lost connection :)

Night all
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited April 2010
    WOOOHOOOOOO!!! VWD Sir! and that is why you are a Jedi master and I am just an eager young Padawan ;) Have an awesome time in Lapland. xx
    Posted by LML
    Did yousee the hand he won with Lisa???? ypu AJ so not only did he better your exccellent 2nd place, he used your hand to do it
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm, JAMES going on a winter sports holiday and Lisa-Marie going snowboarding.   There's nothing suspicious about that at all, is all I'm saying...
    Posted by Machka
    lol - can you imagine it?  Lisa-Marie and another member of the Sky Poker team?  Ridiculous.  Never gonna happen...