You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's December so that means only one thing...Darts.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
The PDC World Championships start tonight...Game On.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Just to cover the bet if Price gets to the final and plays MVG.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,163
    Thousands of boozy darts fans descend on Ally Pally dressed as hot dogs, leprechauns and The Grinch for World Championships

Thousands of boozy darts fans descended on Ally Pally dressed as hot dogs, bananas and Where's Wally. Today was day 11 of the Cazoo World Darts Championships at Alexandra Palace and excited fans went all out. Leprechauns accompanied by multiple Buddy the Elves, groups of chicken and chips, and even The Grinch were spotted enjoying the festivities. One group of pals even arrived wearing breakfast morph suits covered in egg, beans and tomatoes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11579959/Thousands-boozy-darts-fans-descend-Ally-Pally-fancy-dress-World-Championships.html
  • Options
    Gerwyn Price Receives A Lot Of Criticism After This Moment.

Sky Sports apologise for ‘disgusting’ gesture made by Gerwyn Price that appears to mock disabled people during the WDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4-djcY94Y

The 37-year-old could face a potential darts charge for his reaction in the third leg of the fifth set of his 4-1 victory over Jose de Sousa at the PDC World Darts Championship.

After failing a 180 attempt by missing a third consecutive triple 20, Price gesticulated to show his angst.

He stuck his tongue beneath his bottom lip while placing his hands out in front of him, in a way which could have been construed as offensive to disabled viewers.

Many watching at home were unhappy, and one wrote on social media: "What was this from Price at the darts? This is disgusting behaviour. This was after he missed a shot. Sky Sports, this is not OK."

A further user added: "The comments saying people need to get a grip over what #GerwynPrice did? Say that to millions of disabled people that have had to put up with that every day."

And a third fan wrote: "This man has children and as a famous sportsperson supposed to be a role model for other children.

"Disgraceful behaviour and if I hear correctly it was literally just because he missed a 180 - not acceptable."

While a fourth tweeted: "Never understood the dislike towards Gerwyn Price, until today.

"Top dart player but to have this in your locker as a reaction to a poor shot (for him) says a lot. @SkySportsDarts & OfficialPDC got to do something, brand damaging doesn’t even cover it."

A fifth claimed: "Gerwyn Price should be out the tournament, disgusting behaviour."

Another urged action from the PDC, tweeting: "@OfficialPDC This is NOT acceptable behaviour from a so called professional darts player and needs to be dealt with ASAP!!!!"

While a further user blasted: "Always disliked Gerwyn Price but that celebration just confirms what a w*** the guy actually is! Don’t try butter it up - it was deliberate and we all know what he was mocking!"

Sky Sports' present Emma Paton later issued an apology live on air in case anyone had taken offence.

SunSport have contacted the PDC to see if the world No 1 will face any further punishment.

It is likely the footage will be referred to the Darts Regulation Authority, which looks after disciplinary matters.

Price is a fiery character on the stage and has had his conflicts with players in the past, most notably during the 2018 Grand Slam of Darts final against Gary Anderson.

The former rugby union hooker overstepped the mark in that tournament and was handed a world-record fine of £21,500, later reduced by £10,000, for bringing the sport into disrepute and gamesmanship.

Overall last night it was a very patchy performance by Price against The Special One as he became the first man to reach the quarter-finals.

The Welshman overcame his doubles troubles — he missed 28 of them across four sets — to eliminate his stubborn Portuguese opponent.

The 2021 world champion will now face either German Gabriel Clemens or Scottish firefighter Alan Soutar in the last eight on New Year's Day.

Speaking after his latest victory, the controversial darts star said: "I ground out a win. I just wanted to get up there and win, it doesn't matter about the performance.

"It was just one of those games where I had to get over the winning line, and that is what I did.

"I was battling against myself and against him, but it is what it is - you come up against certain players and circumstances, so you just have to deal with it.

"I felt comfortable through the game and always felt I was going to win, it was just a matter of time."

Earlier in the tournament, Sky were forced to lower the volume of the crowd during Price's second round clash.

During his match with Luke Woodhouse, abuse could be heard being aimed at The Iceman from the Ally Pally crowd.
  • Options
    Gerwyn Price's response to the crowds taunting.

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    :D:D:D

turned out well......
  • Options
  • Options
    Am I wrong for wanting the German to beat the English man ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    lucy4 said:

Lol, no, not at all.

GL with your "get out of trouble" bet.
  • Options
    Looks like it's gonna be a proper game of darts.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

Lol, no, not at all.

GL with your "get out of trouble" bet.
    I just can't warm to Smith.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Rubbish Final so far....... B)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    MAXALLY said:

Rubbish Final so far....... B)

@MAXALLY

"180 by van Gerwen, 180 by Smith, 177 by van Gerwen, 180 by Smith! Insane!

MvG with two 60s, misses double 12!

Smith treble 20, treble 19... double 12!!!

WOW!"
  • Options
  • Options
    This years tournament headlines are being made by 16 year old Luke Littler. He is now in to the last 16 where he could face RVB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkLA_shceo

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,018
    Been marvellous so far.

Apart from the crowds. Who are moronic.
  • Options