You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

1838485868789»

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Hi Craig,

Have a good Christmas and here's to a better New Year for you.

Hope your mum's feeling better soon.

Also well done on a good poker year; keep the momentum going.

• fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    Sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Congrats on your SPT win and keep up with the studying.

Have a good Christmas and no doubt see you on the UKOPS tables!
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    It has been a while since I did my last update on the poker front. The break I had in december was certainly a good one but it was reaching the point where I wanted to get back on the tables again.
    New years day was dedicated to poker study, I sorted out my poker schedule set myself some long terms goals and returned to the poker tables on the 2nd. My first few days back on the poker grind certainly went nicely when I managed to make another really deep run in the $11 big on poker stars. I have also now started to play alot of 888 poker and still have I poker as well but one poker site I do look done with atleast in the mean time is GG.
    At the beginning of my return to the poker grind I did make a few final tables on GG but it wasn't long before my bankroll for GG went bust and it was at that point I thought enough is enough and decided I will leave it alone in the mean time. Some of you might think why am I now quitting GG and why did it take me so long? Part of the reason is their structure for small field events is dreadful and now that I have an 888 account I can access more softer small field events. GG does have a couple of MTTs I would like to keep playing including GG masters classic and the $10 daily special but in the mean time I'm happy enough to just leave those alone because I already have multiple big field events I like to play over on poker stars and if you look at my record on shark scope you'll see I have got great ROI for the bigs (MTT name) which I play over on poker stars.

As far as MTT final tables go I am repeatedly making them at the minute, I have already made 22 final tables so far this month and if I keep playing as I am I'm sure they will continue. I might have made alot of final tables with I am still yet to take a single one down, I have made it HU on a couple of occassions but most of the time I appear to be making it onto the FT as a shallow stack, however that issue should be hopefully changing from now on as a recent bit of ICM study has finally made me realize the way to know how to shove in ICM spots as the covered stack is to evaluate how my opponents range looks overall and how well our hand block the calls and unblock the folds, the better their blockers are the more we get to shove. as far as GTO theory play goes, I was starting to really question hard if GTO theory is messing up my game but the study I did in the last week has made me realize once and for all the main cause of my downfall in overall game play over was me thinking too much about my own range and how it plays. I was becoming far too passive in recent months because all my focus was spent on evaluating my own range but now I know the main focus in making aggressive decisions is how I think my opponents range looks when I block calls well I get more aggressive, when I make dominating hands fold and block folds I respond more by calling. theory itself will still be in my game play for sure but when it comes to aggression I know now I should be evaluating how well I block calls and unblock folds.

As for my mum well she is fine again but sadly given how much damage she has done to her health over the years their is always gonna be a risk and given how much trouble I had with her as a kid, I am gonna do what is best for myself mentally because she will always be at risk of having an unexpected episode.