You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When will it end?

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    It'll never end whilst there is a minority ,i say that loosely , of police in the USA that won't upheld the law in a rightious way
    Im watching Trial 4 right now on Netflix , it's compelling , and the police in Boston were the corruptist of corrupt , it's an eye opener
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,027
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

Some confusion here, the thread refers to an incident in Los Angeles three weeks ago, not the recent tragedy in Memphis.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,056
    Man missing both legs dies after cops shot him at least eight times: ‘How cold-hearted could they be?’

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/man-missing-both-legs-dies-190043459.html
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    I don't think the Police should be shooting him....... but he also shouldn't be carrying a knife......or stabbing people. Anyone who does is always going to run the risk of the ultimate punishment, even if you have no legs
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

I don't think the Police should be shooting him....... but he also shouldn't be carrying a knife......or stabbing people. Anyone who does is always going to run the risk of the ultimate punishment, even if you have no legs

You would think that a large number of police officers would be able to safely arrest a man with no legs without having to shoot and kill him, even if he was armed with a knife.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

You would think that a large number of police officers would be able to safely arrest a man with no legs without having to shoot and kill him, even if he was armed with a knife.
    ....... but as I said to Danny @madprof the other day......

You 'Live by the Sword' ...... you 'Die by the Sword' (GUN in this case) :/
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

You are talking absolute b0ll0cks.
    The police are trained to arrest people, without shooting them 8 times and killing them.
    This was not a well built powerful man.
    He was a man with no legs.
    Looking at the video, he probably measured up to the officers waists.
    I am no expert, but you would think that a taser was a preferable option.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

There you go.
    A bigger threat safely handled without killing her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65dtnTfqFww
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

To Mr Lowe’s family, the notion that police had to fatally shoot Mr Lowe to protect themselves strains credulity.
    It is not yet clear whether there is any body camera footage of the shooting of Mr Lowe. The footage of the incident captured by the bystander that is posted to social media does not include the shooting itself, while Huntington Beach officials are thus far declining to release footage captured on a nearby business’ security camera and turned over to the sheriff.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

The police are trained to arrest people, without shooting them 8 times and killing them.
    I'm not so sure all US Police carry Tasers....... obv would be a far better option, but we don't know whether the amputee had a Gun too.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I'm not so sure all US Police carry Tasers....... obv would be a far better option, but we don't know whether the amputee had a Gun too.
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Where do you think Walmart are?
    That was a big clue.
    The woman in the video is twice the size of him, and she just dropped like a sack of sh1t.
    No mention of a gun in the article.
    No evidence of one on the video.
    How can he even be a threat to them when he is running away from them?
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Some might say that he didn’t have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321
    tai-gar said:

Some might say that he didn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275

'Come back here and take what's coming to you, I'll bite your legs off!'

As avid Monty Python fans they had no option but to shoot him.