You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's been your favourite Sky Promo?

poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,503
I'm curious what promos people have really enjoyed and what you'd like to see in the future.
You never know who might read this thread and get some ideas for future promotions :)

DYM streak week is good fun, although I never seem to run well enough to challenge the leaderboard.
I've really enjoyed the Eliminator Freerolls, loads of fun for low stakes players with little risk.
Also a long time ago they did a series of freerolls where the field size was halved after each day,
it didn't take long for the 50% of players to be knocked out but it produced some interesting tactical approaches!

I'd like to see some kind of short but intensive MTT competition,
like a comp to see who can win the most MTT's in a 24 hour period.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2023

LA$ VEGA$$$$$$

<3B)

Followed by the other SPT's :)
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    poppy765 said:

I'm curious what promos people have really enjoyed and what you'd like to see in the future.
    You never know who might read this thread and get some ideas for future promotions :)

DYM streak week is good fun, although I never seem to run well enough to challenge the leaderboard.
    I've really enjoyed the Eliminator Freerolls, loads of fun for low stakes players with little risk.
    Also a long time ago they did a series of freerolls where the field size was halved after each day,
    it didn't take long for the 50% of players to be knocked out but it produced some interesting tactical approaches!

I'd like to see some kind of short but intensive MTT competition,
    like a comp to see who can win the most MTT's in a 24 hour period.

Any ideas?

About 5 years ago (maybe longer?), they ran bronze, silver and gold leaderboards for I believe a week?

It was something like 5 mtts in each level per day. Bronze being micro buy-in, silver £11-22 ish buy-in and gold higher buy-ins.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    I've always enjoyed the Golden ticket promo. It's one of the most fairest I feel for the majority of the playerbase, as there is a limit of only 100 points per day / 500 points per week to be in with a chance of the biggest prize, and also there is a chance to win a prize for only earning at least 10 points during a day in the week. Whereas most other promos require far more points. That's just the nature of the beast though, so that's not a complaint. Sky are always very generous with their promos.

And I may be biased because I've had a decent return in those in the past, although I generally go out my way for the Golden Ticket promo to try and maximise my points that week.

Another I kinda like is streak week, as again, anyone has a chance to win prizes.

Since I am mainly a microstakes MTT player these days, it seems there's not many promos suited for my chosen variant of play, but reading the Podium promo linked above that really does sound interesting, and very much up my street. May I cast my vote to consider having it returned in the future. It sounds great.

One final shoutout to The Micro Masters League, the Forum Triple Takedown, Daily Forum Comp and, although I can rarely participate, Orfordable & PLO8 leagues. Props to all the volunteers and Tikay and Sky for making these happen. They truly are very generous. To have the value of all these on a weekly/monthly basis, to essentially such a small-ish group of players simply is phenomenal! Would never find anything like this elsewhere.
  • Options
    ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    Stack Builder Freeroll the best by far so I have seen. Some players started on the min stack at 2k and did well and I think some of those players with 2k stacks won some!
  • Options
    ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    100% agree on the below :)

One final shoutout to The Micro Masters League, the Forum Triple Takedown, Daily Forum Comp and, although I can rarely participate, Orfordable & PLO8 leagues. Props to all the volunteers and Tikay and Sky for making these happen. They truly are very generous. To have the value of all these on a weekly/monthly basis, to essentially such a small-ish group of players simply is phenomenal! Would never find anything like this elsewhere.100% agree

• Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,503
    The Podium series looked great, £25,000 in prizes is huge!
    I appreciate that sky want to drive traffic- so rake races dominate, but there's a lot of little fish on sky and they'll never know how many of us look at Poker Premiership and think what's the point in even playing...

You only need to look at the £20 freerolls to see that there are hundreds of players who are happy to play for hours for a min cash of 20p. They love the game and it wouldn't take much to encourage them.

I'm not talking about £25,000, you could do it with £25.
    If the best performers in those freerolls won a few free tickets each week, it would definitely energise the microstakes players,
    and that's how little fish become medium sized fish :)

I'm not complaining, I really like sky. I'm just pointing out how easy it would be to cater to low stakes players!

( Obviously I agree all the forum comps are amazing :) )
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 56
    Obviously any Vegas related stuff is the best cause Vegas innit.

Some of the league/rake race stuff is probably most profitable for me as a fairly high volume cash player but the most fun is eliminator freerolls by a landslide.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    There was a great promo YEARSSS ago that was a husng league - you could play 100 sngs at different levels and it was based on your win % - Awesome promo and a fair few kicked out for cheating aha.

Traffic was literally never better for HU
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    Anything transparent, that mostly rewards volume but with some luck factor to help redistribute from high volume regs to recs.

Stack builder freeroll therefore ideal. Current Premier promo is really bad. Somewhere in the middle in order of preference:
    Leagues based on points earned at certain stake levels
    Tournament and freeroll leagues with tickets to online events added
    Double points
    Live event promos (not a fan of Vegas promo)