You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Sunday 30th April. Super_Oli, Thorxx & daleboss all book their trip to Vegas

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,386
edited April 28 in Poker Chat
Morning.

First up, last night's Vegas final, where three Vegas packages were on offer, & they went to @Super_Oli @Thorxx & @daleboss. Oli is a very popular SPT regular, though he does not look old enough to play poker in Vegas where the minimum age is 21. All three won their seats in the Final via satellites earlier in the month. @Thorxx has a fairly low ABI so it's a big deal for him, by contrast @daleboss is a big hitter who has won the Major 4 times. Bitter disappointment & the worst bubble on Sky Poker for 4th placed & thus £4,000 bubble boy @goldnballz who was chippie for quite a while in the late stages, before running 10-10 into the Q-Q of @Thorxx. There was a comedy hand though, after that beat & a few mishaps he was low chip & in shoving mode, but when he got it in with the old K-7 v the Aces of @daleboss it looked all over. Cue a flopped King, a turned king, and a rivered King, for quads. Wonder what the odds of quads were there? Oh, wait, don't answer that....

EDIT - An embarrassed apology, as I've now been reminded that @Thorxx was with us in Vegas last year, so he's now won two Vegas packages on the spin.

On to the Major now. On Friday, I wrote...

"A successful but very frustrating sesh for @Froozle who was 2nd, as well as 5th in a £500 BH, 4th in Mega & 2nd in Turbo."

Then, on Saturday, I penned this...

"In yesterday's write-up I referenced @Froozle having a frustrating session, with 4 FT & no wins (2nd, 2nd, 4th & 5th), & it was rinse repeat last night as he was 3rd in a £500 BH, 2nd in Mega, 4th in Reload & 2nd in Turbo".

Well it all came right last night as he pocketed 1st place in the Major. What a thing of beauty variance is. He was 15th in the Mini too, so a mini FTJ sweat. There was actually another FTJ sweat by @JACKDAW who was 8th in the Major & 24th in the Mini. His Major seat came from a Freeroll, & his Mini seat from a Forum Comp. And to complete the set, it looks like he won the free to enter Daily Forum Comp thanks to a goal in the 95th minute of Liverpool v Spurs.

Mean Machine @GSmith13 took the Mini, from @scottie73 & @Shrimpy28 with @Swog, who had a 4 figure bink over on 'Stars, in 4th place.

The £5k BH made over £6,000, with @AlexaAJ providing the right answers, & @ILIKE2FISH having a fine run into 3rd.

@cezaris is a newbie to Sky Poker, & playing just his 18th MTT, took down Sheriff, his first headline win. Seems to be more of a cash player I think.

@ozzieowen finished April with a flourish, winning both the £1k BH & Turbo. What a month he's had, winning Summit twice on the spin, a Main, a Quickdraw, 2 Turbos & a £1k BH.

Finally, a spectacular result by @diamondlee in winning MidEx. Usually plays £2 & £5 stuff, plus the odd £10er, but very rarely £20, in fact this was only the 2nd time I can see they played a £20 MTT, & it was easily their biggest ever MTT cash. In 4th was @fredsgirl who collected £60.50, hardly life-changing, but more than @goldnballz got for 4th in the Vegas Final. Paula was the best player in the house last night it seems. Ooof. Poker can be oh-so-cruel.

Comments