You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cover versions of songs. Not always sucky.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,217
edited May 2023 in The Rail
Ok I was scrolling through my Spotify looking for tracks to make a new cycling workout playlist when I noticed that there were many good songs that were in fact a cover version, and no I'm not talking Katy Perry sings Abba.

It then occurred to me that "Now that's what I call covers" isn't going to happen anytime soon so I thought I'd make my own and share it with you.

01. Live and Let Die. - Guns N Roses. - Originally recorded by Paul McCartney and Wings
02. Action. - Def Leppard. - Originally recorded by The Sweet
03. Whiskey in the Jar. - Metallica. - Originally Trad Irish folk song made popular by Thin Lizzy
04. Common People. - My Chemical Romance. - Originally recorded by Pulp
05. God Gave Rock and Roll To you. - Kiss. - Originally recorded by Argent
06. Mystery train. - U.F.O. - Originally recorded by Elvis Presley
07. Hush. - Khua Shaker. - Originally recorded by Deep Purple
08. C'mon Feel The Noise. - Quiet Riot. - Originally recorded by Slade
09. Sound of Silence. - Disturbed. - Originally recorded by Simon and Garfunkel
10. Louie, Louie. - Motorhead. - Originally recorded by Richard Berry 56 /57, made famous by The Kingsmen in 63
11. Am I Evil. - Metallica. - Originally recorded by Diamond Head
12. Love Hurts. - Nazareth. - Originally recorded by The Everley Brothers
13. Desolation Row. - My Chemical Romance. - Originally recorded by Bob Dylan
14. Bad Company. - Five Finger Death Punch. - Originally recorded by Bad Company
15. I Fought The Law. - The Clash. - Originally recorded by The Bobby Ford Four
16. Holy Diver. - Killswitch Engage. - Originally recorded by Dio
17. Another Brick in The Wall. - Korn. - Originally recorded by Pink Floyd
18. Anarchy in The UK. - Megadeth. - originally recorded by The Sex Pistols
19. Boys of Summer. - The Ataris. - Originally recorded by Don Henley
20. Hair of The Dog. - Guns N Roses. - Originally recorded by Nazareth
21. Behind Blue Eyes. - Limp Bizkit. - Originally recorded by The Who
22. Ain't No Love in the Heart of The City. - Whitesnake. - Originally recorded by Bobby Blue Band
23. Mrs. Robinson. - The Lemonheads. - Originally recorded by Simon and Garfunkel
24. Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon. - Urge Overkill. - Originally recorded by Neil Diamond
25. Mony Mony. - Billy Idol. - Originally recorded by Tommy James and the Shondells

Ok, with the exception of Disturbeds, Sound of Silence, probably not the first songs that pop into your head when you hear the phrase "Cover song".

Have I missed your fave or do you think there is a glaring exception, if so let me know and no, "I am the Walrus" was deliberately omitted by virtue of the fact that I hate the Beatles and Oasis were overrated.

Comments