You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Have you heard of the sleep trick

Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
People pretend to be away sleeping with a strong hand so that someone will make a raise to take the blinds and then suddenly they wake up and re raise

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

People pretend to be away sleeping with a strong hand so that someone will make a raise to take the blinds and then suddenly they wake up and re raise

That’s quite an old ‘trick’ similar to limping monster hands
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    All part of the game buddy. It can be frustrating but also occasionally they try it and you have A A, K K etc.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477

All part of the game buddy. It can be frustrating but also occasionally they try it and you have A A, K K etc.

Not sure about it being all part of the game
    I’m not a big fan of it
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,236

Never ceases to amaze the depths some folks will stoop to to gain an edge at poker. Is winning at poker really that important?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Not sure about it being all part of the game
    I’m not a big fan of it
    Absolutely agree @Jac35. It's not something I would do, to me it's an angle shoot. What I meant was whilst it's unethical it's not actually illegal.
  • Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,502
    Is it not the people stealing blinds that are wrong.
    Guilty for getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar?
  • Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,502
    I would never do it intentionally,
    but i have been berated for returning at the the right time...
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    poppy765 said:

Is it not the people stealing blinds that are wrong.
    Guilty for getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar?

Agree totally. Although I've always got dog's abuse for saying so ;)
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    It can be very irritating particularly blind on blind or when raising in position with a reasonable hand.
    There is an easy solution if you are not sat when the cards are dealt then your hand is mucked as in a live game.
    Oh wait its sky software what are the chances of that happening ;)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited June 2023
    its a 'd ick move' end of.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited June 2023
    If someone suddenly appears (and Calls or Raises) from being AWAY, I always assume they have a Very Good Hand, and I play accordingly

More importantly ......I make a NOTE of it on their profile ;):)

as in.... "was AWAY 'til they got a Hand" ......and there are quite a few with that Note :D:D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

If someone suddenly appears (and Calls or Raises) from being AWAY, I always assume they have a Very Good Hand, and I play accordingly

as in.... "was AWAY 'til they got a Hand" ......and there are quite a few with that Note :D:D

Think it's important to differentiate between sitting out until you get a good hand and sitting out in the big blind to induce a steal then re popping it with a monster. The first is only the same as folding every hand until you get a good one, the second is sh17housery.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited June 2023

MISTY4ME said:

Think it's important to differentiate between sitting out until you get a good hand and sitting out in the big blind to induce a steal then re popping it with a monster. The first is only the same as folding every hand until you get a good one, the second is sh17housery.
    Anytime a Player is AWAY......and then suddenly turns up when they have a Hand is pretty obvious they are 'Angle SHITT OOTING' ......and it's so good to see when they get SHAF TED :D
  • Options
    freeatlastfreeatlast Member Posts: 1,449
    I’m only a small stakes b/h player, I’ve never really noticed it, is it mainly in sit and go and cash games?
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147

I’m only a small stakes b/h player, I’ve never really noticed it, is it mainly in sit and go and cash games?

it's a sit and go play
  • Options

Or there's the old "shove and go straight into away mode so no-one can see how much you're all in for" trick that a few players, some of them big winners on here, use. Equally scummy for me.

Never really noticed that one before. I will pay attention to detail a bit more now.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789

Or there's the old "shove and go straight into away mode so no-one can see how much you're all in for" trick that a few players, some of them big winners on here, use. Equally scummy for me.

Yep - @mickdaw does this all the time - although I wouldn't call him a winning player :D

• Options
    _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 246
    There is a tiresome player that does it every hand in the 25p DYMs. Ticks and unticks the "away" button so it flashes on and off that he is away.
    Also bets stupid amounts like 999.99 instead of all-in 1000