You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

another its rigged and waa waa thread for thewaddy

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    So this all happened online rather than a live environment ? You can understand my incredulity ? Surely the RNG would put paid to any ability to make serious profit as anybody playing 20,000 + hands a month would be flagged and therefore the great unskilled button pushers of Playstation land would be allowed to win again and again.

Ok that last bit is slightly tongue in cheek but I fail to understand how somebody who has had the skill set to get backing under those terms and conditions, now gets into an almost frenzy of angst over micro stakes HUSNGs.

I just lost a £1 HUSNG PLO8 game when my full house got rivered by a better full house. My limited knowledge of poker I can't claim to have reached the heady status of your career, with only a mere 500,000 real money hands on Stars, about 15 years on here, the same on Party, 888, and about 8 years on Full Tilt and less on Unibet. However, I know enough to know that it's poker, it happens, sometimes many times in a row and I'm comfortable with it.

The closest I've ever come to being backed, sponsored or staked was when a mate put me into a GUKPT event a few years back coz he'd won more seats than he could use. The deal was I paid for the fuel, we used my car and he kept 50% of anything I won.

I hated every minute of it because I felt under so much pressure to get a cash. So whilst i have respect for those who can perform and make money under such circumstances I don't subscribe to the view that it makes them any more knowledgeable than rank and file players. More skillful, maybe but that's a different thing.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Bragging about being taken advantage of in a shady affiliate scheme dressed up as backing to prove how good you are at poker.

That will show those idiots on the forum.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    edited June 2023
    ckd said:

do sky allow you to stake players or does that have to be arranged offsite. I've staked players in live games a few times but wouldn't do it for online.

@ckd

Hi,

You can stake or be staked, but only on a personal basis, direct with other players, not via Sky Poker. Generally speaking, when a player is staked, the Staking Company has to have access to the players account to make deposits & "sweep" it every night after close of play, & that's something Sky would never allow. Also, with "Responsible Gaming" so important these days, Sky would & could not promote anything which allows a player to accumulate "make up".*

*Make-up is the amount a player owes the Staking Company for losses.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    NOSTRI said:

Bragging about being taken advantage of in a shady affiliate scheme dressed up as backing to prove how good you are at poker.

That will show those idiots on the forum.

Is that what i was doing.... bragging.... wow, i barely agreed to talk about it (even though it was only mentioned in the first place to kinda prove a knowledge of poker) and thats the cape club right there..... and you lot say i never answer a question! I wonder why......

• Options

So this all happened online rather than a live environment ? You can understand my incredulity ? Surely the RNG would put paid to any ability to make serious profit as anybody playing 20,000 + hands a month would be flagged and therefore the great unskilled button pushers of Playstation land would be allowed to win again and again.

Ok that last bit is slightly tongue in cheek but I fail to understand how somebody who has had the skill set to get backing under those terms and conditions, now gets into an almost frenzy of angst over micro stakes HUSNGs.

I just lost a £1 HUSNG PLO8 game when my full house got rivered by a better full house. My limited knowledge of poker I can't claim to have reached the heady status of your career, with only a mere 500,000 real money hands on Stars, about 15 years on here, the same on Party, 888, and about 8 years on Full Tilt and less on Unibet. However, I know enough to know that it's poker, it happens, sometimes many times in a row and I'm comfortable with it.

The closest I've ever come to being backed, sponsored or staked was when a mate put me into a GUKPT event a few years back coz he'd won more seats than he could use. The deal was I paid for the fuel, we used my car and he kept 50% of anything I won.

I hated every minute of it because I felt under so much pressure to get a cash. So whilst i have respect for those who can perform and make money under such circumstances I don't subscribe to the view that it makes them any more knowledgeable than rank and file players. More skillful, maybe but that's a different thing.

Keep up Edgey boy, this was before black friday......
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    johnmonty said:

Maybe its not me 'lying', but you misunderstanding. I played with the $500... if i made a profit, we split.... if i lost, i did not have to pay it back... I personally couldnt lose. If you want to read it as them giving me $500 a day to keep, then thats just stupidity on your part!

That sounds like the worst deal in the world especially if you cant lose like you claim why not play off your own roll and keep 100%

Does anyone attempting to take the P, ever get anything right on here!? The 'personally couldnt lose' relates to if i had a losing day, it was not me that bore the loss. I could lose, but it did not come out of my money... can you see the diff between that and my own bankroll? Sit down and have a think bout it, take your time.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,194
    TheWaddy said:

Keep up Edgey boy, this was before black friday......
    Oh you mean before legislation of gaming sites got much stricter and certification more stringent and scrutiny more transparent. Does that not fly in the face of your RNG theory.
  • Options
    Of course non of this is relevant, it was only mentioned to demonstrate i was staked, i was mentored, i know what im talking about. Once again, you asked me questions, you turn it into something to actually try and berate me about!

Of course Robot Phil would see it as a bad deal, but if you have never played those levels and never would, i dont see the problem. For someone like him, obviously not a thing, for others an opportunity.

I dont see anywhere where its documented that Badbeat were 'dodgy', it appears chief cape Phil spoke and you all followed. Very sad.

Even the Guardian wrote up on it in 2008, as a top newspaper i dont see them exposing them as dodgy. You got to understand EssexPhil and Bean81 are robotic maths freaks. Anything like this giving up 50%, it blows their circuits......

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

do sky allow you to stake players or does that have to be arranged offsite. I've staked players in live games a few times but wouldn't do it for online.

@ckd

Hi,

You can stake or be staked, but only on a personal basis, direct with other players, not via Sky Poker. Generally speaking, when a player is staked, the Staking Company has to have access to the players account to make deposits & "sweep" it every night after close of play, & that's something Sky would never allow. Also, with "Responsible Gaming" so important these days, Sky would & could not promote anything which allows a player to accumulate "make up".*

I believe this majorly contributed to the demise of the company, along with black friday. As all this is fact. Phil has a theory and the others are going with that one instead.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,765
    TheWaddy said:

Tikay10 said:

ckd said:

@ckd

Hi,

I believe this majorly contributed to the demise of the company, along with black friday. As all this is fact. Phil has a theory and the others are going with that one instead.
    a wee bit off topic but imo the poker boom/dream ended because the game was and is so heavily promoted as a skill game, even though all the governments rules indicate luck based.

People in general look at it and they see the likes of ivey, isildur, holz and feel like they will never be as good as these people, so whats the point........you cant win any more unless you study, thats what the general population is told, imo they dont have the time or desire to do any study - cause the ppl who poker attracts, mostly all hated skool!

the industry miss calculated this in that regard, poker should be promoted as a luck based game, i honestly believe it would encourage more folk to play, believing that you could be "as lucky as (enter name here)" instead of as good as, is much more appealing. the whole idea of skill only attracts folk who are interested in poker, luck attracts everybody.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,030
    "Robotic maths freak"? :)

Badbeat went spectacularly bust. In 2013/14. Assets-about 10 pence. Liabilities about £1.7 million. Which seemed to be mostly to relatives and Companies controlled by the same person. It's all freely available at Companies House. When a Liquidator announces he has sent a confidential report to HMRC in relation to possible Directors Disqualification proceedings, we can safely assume "its documented that Badbeat were dodgy"

They were doomed the minute they admitted to 2+2 that there was a secret affiliate programme. In 2013. Which is why no-one would touch them after that.

Some newspapers, prior to 2012, didn't realise they were dodgy. Neither did their auditors initially, though that soon changed.

I've given you the maths as to why they were a bad deal. In 1 sense, it is Maths. In another sense, it is cold hard cash.

Anyway, bored now. You are either incapable of understanding the maths involved. Or choose to pretend you do not. While continuing to defend the indefensible. Which gets rather dull.

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    TheWaddy said:

i know what im talking about.

If you posted more hilarious jokes like this instead of the usual stuff you might be better received on this forum.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    tomgoodun said:

TheWaddy said:

There is no attack on the site, i have repeatedly said its the best there is for my games and thats why i play here. Any negative thoughts are for online poker in general, which requires change and a regulator who knows something about the game they are regulating. I will reiterate, Sky are a business and do nothing against regulation in its current poor state.

Why any player would not want regulation by a knowledgeable body, get aggressive about it, etc.... well they have their own agendas, clearly.....

I appreciate your support CKD, but the last time the clique got called out for bullying, the thread was quickly closed down...... Its a caped, black ball type thing going on :#

The fact that Jac35 thinks its other people who start the verbal attacks against regs on the forum is quite frankly, as blinkered as it gets!

Hi @TheWaddy
    You seem to be quite careful with your words , what I can read into your posts is the Random number Generator isn’t random on this site, so in a roundabout way hinting the site is maximising profits by using this less than random number generator, is that what you mean?
    Apologies if I have got it wrong.
    There’s been quite a lot of back and forth so you may have missed my question @TheWaddy
  • Options
    Thing is Tom, its just not worth my time answering to anything. TheEdge wanted info on staking, i said it was too late. Mumsie pushed me on it... i answered, whilst saying it was a set up but id do it.... what followed?

People scouring the internet to find stuff that discredited it, people accusing me of 'bragging', not one ounce of positivity....

Babeat were closed in what 2013, i was there 2007. There was nothing in it that personally affected me, so why bother trying to discredit it with company accounts and the likes!??

I was playing $10 sngs at the time of applying. It allowed me to play for $50. Theory was, i win, i make $25 (50%) instead of $10 for the same time. I get to try the level without risk to my bankroll. I get to have an hour with a pro mentor for free twice a week. I gain many invaluable tips and insight into many well known pro's. I can leave at any time and i dont have to payback if i lose within reason.

Whats not to like for someone like me? Worry bout whos making the rakeback (which i wasnt getting anyway in my own ventures... and a business has to make money when providing pro mentors) and what the company would do if the US market got taken away 4 yrs later?? Some people are like that i know.

I got what i was promised at all times. Couldnt give a stuff of what happened 6yrs later, or what state their accounts were in. But as i know black friday was just the most humongous shift in trying to make money online, it is no wonder they seem to have taken other routes to make their money.

Absolutely everyone did. The site you play on did. Some have blossomed, others have been decimated.

To discredit my achievement to be offered this chance by demonstrating winning poker and bankroll management, by delving into why this company ultimately failed after black friday, speaks volumes for what your intentions are for any 'question'.

So sorry Tom, i think trying to talk away from my opinions of deck performance, with something of interest to some and resulting in this wholly predictable **** show... just shows these guys for what they are.

PS Essexphil did 'not have time due to mastur.... sorry multitabling' to put up a hand showing a giveaway...... but scoured the internet to find dirt on the company who staked me! Thats where we are at on the Sky Forum.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,519
    You not been flattened yet.......