You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comp Day 1, MONDAY. 20.30 & 21.00 Musselburgh

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

RESULT; 21.00 Musselburgh

1st; Archduke Ferdinand @ 33/1

2nd; Yeeehaah @ 25/1

3rd; Yassar @ 4/1

• Options

A shock 33/1 winner there, & unsurprisingly, nobody selected it.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,740
    lol nae one on the 33/1 shot
  • Options

The opening table;

@7Wizard £2.00
    @Boxster £2.00
    @edrich £2.00
    @Essexphil £2.00
    @freeatlast £2.00
    @Glenelg £2.00
    @goldnballz £2.00
    @madprof £2.00
    @MAXALLY £2.00
    @mumsie £2.00
    @pompeynic £2.00
    @thefall £2.00
    @Brrrrrrr £0.50
    @poppy765 £0.50
    @SKYGRAN £0.50
    @stokefc £0.50
    @vaigret £0.50
    @-Stuey- -£2.00
    @1981MATT -£2.00
    @68Trebor -£2.00
    @Angela124 -£2.00
    @Asho28 -£2.00
    @bbMike -£2.00
    @buzka -£2.00
    @coo1-um -£2.00
    @DONN001 -£2.00
    @dragon1964 -£2.00
    @Enut -£2.00
    @eon1961 -£2.00
    @fredsgirl -£2.00
    @GGGGCCCC -£2.00
    @glencoelad -£2.00
    @gogogadget -£2.00
    @green_beer -£2.00
    @HANSON -£2.00
    @hugomuck -£2.00
    @ILIKE2FISH -£2.00
    @JACKDAW -£2.00
    @JammyFker -£2.00
    @lufc333 -£2.00
    @metz7 -£2.00
    @MISTY4ME -£2.00
    @mkgunner -£2.00
    @MP33 -£2.00
    @PKRPar -£2.00
    @rabdeniro -£2.00
    @safc71 -£2.00
    @SidV79 -£2.00
    @Skip5578 -£2.00
    @SMARTGOAT -£2.00
    @Snuffer -£2.00
    @spartathen -£2.00
    @Spike4000 -£2.00
    @Summers119 -£2.00
    @tai-gar -£2.00
    @Telmison74 -£2.00
    @thedazzman -£2.00
    @TheEdge949 -£2.00
    @tmc460 -£2.00
    @Toffeeandy -£2.00
    @tomb1793 -£2.00
    @tomgoodun -£2.00
    @TVSpice -£2.00
    @waller02 -£2.00
    @zadoc -£2.00
  • Options
    -Stuey--Stuey- Member Posts: 386
    Tikay10 said:

The winning 3/1 JF was very popular....

@7Wizard
    @Boxster
    @edrich
    @Essexphil
    @freeatlast
    @Glenelg
    @goldnballz
    @madprof
    @MAXALLY
    @mumsie
    @pompeynic
    @thefall

Bit of an Admin nightmare for me now, as those below were on a Non-Runner, so transfer to the returned SP favourite. However, there were Joint Favourites, so they only get half odds to full stake. I'll need to make manual adjustments to the Spready to sort this out. Marv.

@Brrrrrrr
    @poppy765
    @SKYGRAN
    @stokefc
    @Vaigret

Shouldn't it be half stake full odds? If you have £1 on SP fav and there's joint fav's you have 50p on each.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,740
    -Stuey- said:

Tikay10 said:

@7Wizard
    @Boxster
    @edrich
    @Essexphil
    @freeatlast
    @Glenelg
    @goldnballz
    @madprof
    @MAXALLY
    @mumsie
    @pompeynic
    @thefall

Bit of an Admin nightmare for me now, as those below were on a Non-Runner, so transfer to the returned SP favourite. However, there were Joint Favourites, so they only get half odds to full stake. I'll need to make manual adjustments to the Spready to sort this out. Marv.

@Brrrrrrr
    @poppy765
    @SKYGRAN
    @stokefc
    @Vaigret

Shouldn't it be half stake full odds? If you have £1 on SP fav and there's joint fav's you have 50p on each.
    nout quite like competitive spirit. 10/10 haha
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    -Stuey- said:

Tikay10 said:

@7Wizard
    @Boxster
    @edrich
    @Essexphil
    @freeatlast
    @Glenelg
    @goldnballz
    @madprof
    @MAXALLY
    @mumsie
    @pompeynic
    @thefall

@Brrrrrrr
    @poppy765
    @SKYGRAN
    @stokefc
    @Vaigret

Pretty sure it works out the same anyway :*
  • Options
    -Stuey- said:

Tikay10 said:

@7Wizard
    @Boxster
    @edrich
    @Essexphil
    @freeatlast
    @Glenelg
    @goldnballz
    @madprof
    @MAXALLY
    @mumsie
    @pompeynic
    @thefall

@Brrrrrrr
    @poppy765
    @SKYGRAN
    @stokefc
    @Vaigret

@-Stuey-

Hi mate,

Possibly, but I've always assumed it was the same thing.

This Competition works on amount of PROFIT made.

So if the winner was 3/1JF, then...

Half odds to full stake comes to (£1 @ 6/4 = £1.50)

Full odds on half stake comes to (£0.50 @ 3/1 = £1.50).

Am happy to amend the Spready results if I've got it round my neck. Which is also a 6/4 shot.

As soon as I saw the result that said there were Joint Favourites, my heart sank, knew it would cause me some head scratching.

PS - Looking forward to the Football season? I see made a big signing yesterday.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

-Stuey- said:

Tikay10 said:

@7Wizard
    @Boxster
    @edrich
    @Essexphil
    @freeatlast
    @Glenelg
    @goldnballz
    @madprof
    @MAXALLY
    @mumsie
    @pompeynic
    @thefall

@Brrrrrrr
    @poppy765
    @SKYGRAN
    @stokefc
    @Vaigret

@-Stuey-

Hi mate,

Possibly, but I've always assumed it was the same thing.

This Competition works on amount of PROFIT made.

So if the winner was 3/1JF, then...

Half odds to full stake comes to (£1 @ 6/4 = £1.50)

Full odds on half stake comes to (£0.50 @ 3/1 = £1.50).

Am happy to amend the Spready results if I've got it round my neck. Which is also a 6/4 shot.

As soon as I saw the result that said there were Joint Favourites, my heart sank, knew it would cause me some head scratching.

PS - Looking forward to the Football season? I see made a big signing yesterday.
    Hmm - £1 @ 6/4 = £2.50 return 50p @ 3/1 = £2 return. To half the price is incorrect.
    Yes, looking forward to footie but need at least another 3 quality signings.
  • Options

@-Stuey-

"Hmm - £1 @ 6/4 = £2.50 return 50p @ 3/1 = £2 return. To half the price is incorrect."

No, I don't think that's correct.

As I stated, "This Competition works on amount of PROFIT made".

"Profit" & "return" are different things.

£1 @ 6/4 is £2.50 return but £1.50 PROFIT.

50p @ 3/1 is £2 return but £1.50 PROFIT.

Does that make sense?

We are not at odds here - pardon the pun - we are just comparing different things. (Profit & return). The Comp works on profit, not return.

And I'm not even 100% sure I'm right, but I think I am. If I'm wrong, I'll amend the table, obviously.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,161
    I think it should be declared null and void and we all start again today from scratch LOL
  • Options

I think it should be declared null and void and we all start again today from scratch LOL

@TheEdge949

Shush you, stay in your own lane.

;)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    ....sure I picked Archduke Ferdinand @ 33/1 e/w too?

33/1 @ £1 e/w is £66.60 total (to save you working it out and getting it wrong) ;)

PS.....I have the same headache's when doing Dead Heat selections with the Jackpot lads.
  • Options

@MAXALLY

"PS.....I have the same headache's when doing Dead Heat selections with the Jackpot lads."

I dread it, every time I see "JF" I think PLEASE let nobody be on a non-runner. Think there 5 last night, it took me an age to manually alter the Spready.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@-Stuey-

"Hmm - £1 @ 6/4 = £2.50 return 50p @ 3/1 = £2 return. To half the price is incorrect."

Does that make sense?

We are not at odds here - pardon the pun - we are just comparing different things. (Profit & return). The Comp works on profit, not return.

And I'm not even 100% sure I'm right, but I think I am. If I'm wrong, I'll amend the table, obviously.

Tikay10 said:

@-Stuey-

Does that make sense?

Sigh.........You forgetting the original stake is £1 so incorrectly half the price gets £1.50 profit but correctly divide the stake on each joint fav brings -50p on the losing joint fav and a return of £2 (3X 50p + 50p) from the winning Joint fav less the £1 stake = £1 profit. For an unnamed bet on a fav you divide the stake between the number of favs e.g. if there are 5 joint favs you have 20p on each. It's not rocket science! lol
  • Options
    -Stuey- said:

Tikay10 said:

@-Stuey-

Does that make sense?

Tikay10 said:

@-Stuey-

Does that make sense?

Sigh.........You forgetting the original stake is £1 so incorrectly half the price gets £1.50 profit but correctly divide the stake on each joint fav brings -50p on the losing joint fav and a return of £2 (3X 50p + 50p) from the winning Joint fav less the £1 stake = £1 profit. For an unnamed bet on a fav you divide the stake between the number of favs e.g. if there are 5 joint favs you have 20p on each. It's not rocket science! lol
    @-Stuey-

It may not be "rocket science, lol" to you but I'm struggling with this & doing my best to get it right.

In the Daily Forum Comp, we do not count the stake, the stake is theoretical. We ONLY count profit or loss. So, for example, £1 on a 3/1 winner gives us £3 PROFIT, not £4. If we back a loser, our total decreases by £1.

So the example you gave...

a return of £2 (3X 50p + 50p)

The return is £1.50, not £2, (In my little world).

Fortunately, @mumsie who built the Spready for us, is going to try & write & formula to account for Joint Favourites, then I won't have to head scratch every time.

Please also be assured that if I'm wrong on this, nobody will suffer financially, I'll ensure the "real" winners get their prizes.

Bear with me please whilst I try & persuade my brain to function correctly.
  • Options

In a bookmaker, or an Online betting site, I'd snap agree, as with those you have to pay a stake. No stake is paid here so you can't get your stake back.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

In a bookmaker, or an Online betting site, I'd snap agree, as with those you have to pay a stake. No stake is paid here so you can't get your stake back.

I'm kind of losing heart. Explaining where you've gone wrong isn't working. I can assure you if you back ' the fav' (unnamed) then you must divide your stake between the number of horses if there are 'joints'.e.g. If you put a pound on the fav and 4 horses are joint favs you have 25p on each. Do this and your not just doing it right you'll also find it easy! So in this case you win £1.50 on the winner but lose 50p on the other joint, total profit £1. To half the price is just wrong! Enough!
  • Options

@-Stuey-

" I can assure you if you back ' the fav' (unnamed) then you must divide your stake between the number of horses if there are 'joints'.e.g. If you put a pound on the fav and 4 horses are joint favs you have 25p on each."

That is exactly what I am doing.

Anyway, let's move on.