You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

F*** OFF Back to France ....... What do you think?

MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
edited August 2023 in The Rail
Interesting comments from the Deputy Chairman of the Tories.......

Lee Anderson tells asylum seekers to ‘f*** off back to France’ if they don’t like barges

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/lee-anderson-tells-asylum-seekers-070904165.html

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2023
    Living on a barge, moored in a safe country and getting fed, watered and receiving a token amount of Cash, has surely got to be better than being 'Persecuted and Tortured, and imprisoned, or worse still, KILLED in their own Country.'

The barge has been good enough for our Oil workers, so why isn't it good enough to house Asylum Seekers ?

I'm sure the lawyers will be making fortunes out of the situation as usual :*
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    I think that there is no subject about which 30p Lee will not have an opinion.

A nasty, racist, opinion. One that shames not only the UK, but also the Conservative Party. Which, along with GB News, continue to give him jobs and a mouthpiece.

We deserve better.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,619
    Lee Anderson is reprehensible and the fact is the Tories made him deputy chairman. If he was some random backbencher judging the tory party by this guy would be a bit silly but they have fully endorsed and backed him by making him deputy chairman of their party.

This by itself would give serious pause about voting the tories if there was nothing else to hold against the party but their is a long list of things.

ON the subject of immigration I think few rational people would be against immigration full stop.

What a lot of people have concerns about is mass immigration which lowers living standards and workers rights for so many and threatens outright culture change.

Immigration is not the problem mass immigration is.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,173
    Diane Abbott criticised over tweet about drowned migrants

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/diane-abbott-criticised-over-tweet-181407183.html
  • Options
    Insensitive? Probably.

But wholly understandable. And in many respects shows just how appalling 30p Lee's original comment really was.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

But wholly understandable. And in many respects shows just how appalling 30p Lee's original comment really was.

I am not sure that she ever does anything to enhance the popularity of the Labour Party.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

I am not sure that she ever does anything to enhance the popularity of the Labour Party.
    She can say whatever she wants.

Not least because she is not currently a Labour MP. She sits as an Independent.

She said something which was, at best, unwise in relation to Race earlier this year. And the Labour Party removed the Whip from her as a consequence.

Compare/contrast with Lee Anderson. A man expelled from the Labour Party for his racist views towards Gypsies. And promoted within the Conservative Party while espousing similar views in relation to immigration.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

She said something which was, at best, unwise in relation to Race earlier this year. And the Labour Party removed the Whip from her as a consequence.

Compare/contrast with Lee Anderson. A man expelled from the Labour Party for his racist views towards Gypsies. And promoted within the Conservative Party while espousing similar views in relation to immigration.
    Back to two wrongs?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

Back to two wrongs?
    The reverse.

1 wrong put right by the Labour Party (2 if you count throwing out Anderson).
    1 revelled in by the Tories.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

Back to two wrongs?
    The reverse.

I am sure that the Labour Party would prefer it if she kept her mouth shut.
    I think the same is probably true of the Tories, and Anderson.
    Anderson is a despicable character.
    I am not very keen on Abbot either.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Insensitive? Probably.

Back to two wrongs?
    The reverse.

Labour: Abbott was ‘right’ to delete controversial tweet

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/world/labour-abbott-was-right-to-delete-controversial-tweet/video/41cd3af624e1186e690e1856be962f67
  • Options
    Nigel Farage erupts at Channel 'farce' as boats breaks down and drone crashes into sea

Nigel Farage hit out at an "absolutely farcical day" after hundreds more migrants crossed the Channel on small boats.

The GB News presenter compared scenes to the Carry On comedy franchise after a Border Force boat broke down and a drone crashed into the sea.

He also predicted the numbers today would be more than the 500-person capacity of the Bibby Stockholm barge.

The new arrivals took the total number of Channel crossings since 2018 to more than 100,000.

Speaking on his GB News show, Mr Farage said: "Today has been Carry On Up The Channel as a Border Force boat breaks down and a drone crashes into the English Channel and huge numbers of young men once again crossed. More have crossed today than we can fit into the Bibby Stockholm."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nigel-farage-erupts-at-channel-farce-as-boats-breaks-down-and-drone-crashes-into-sea/ar-AA1f6xc8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a11ebdd7ddb741dd87494ff9dac4dba8&ei=92
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,592
    HAYSIE said:

Nigel Farage erupts at Channel 'farce' as boats breaks down and drone crashes into sea

Nigel Farage hit out at an "absolutely farcical day" after hundreds more migrants crossed the Channel on small boats.

The GB News presenter compared scenes to the Carry On comedy franchise after a Border Force boat broke down and a drone crashed into the sea.

He also predicted the numbers today would be more than the 500-person capacity of the Bibby Stockholm barge.

The new arrivals took the total number of Channel crossings since 2018 to more than 100,000.

Speaking on his GB News show, Mr Farage said: "Today has been Carry On Up The Channel as a Border Force boat breaks down and a drone crashes into the English Channel and huge numbers of young men once again crossed. More have crossed today than we can fit into the Bibby Stockholm."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nigel-farage-erupts-at-channel-farce-as-boats-breaks-down-and-drone-crashes-into-sea/ar-AA1f6xc8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a11ebdd7ddb741dd87494ff9dac4dba8&ei=92

Obviously BREXIT stopped it then. He is a terwat.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    tai-gar said:

HAYSIE said:

Obviously BREXIT stopped it then. He is a terwat.
    Unfair. One of those is useful.

I am struggling to see where this story fits in with his general narrative. I thought the whole point of Brexit, at least for the Farages of this world, was that we would be much better off policing our own borders, and that we couldn't trust those Europeans to do it properly.

Showing that we are a bit rubbish at policing our own borders doesn't mean Brexit is wrong. But it does show that we aren't very good at policing our own borders. That all the rhetoric about dissuading boat people isn't working. As well as our failure to process the ever-increasing people stuck in the system. This Govt needs to stop with the headline-grabbing blue sky thinking. And process applications.

Perhaps we would be better off going back to hiding under the skirts of our EU friends :)
  • Options
    ‘There will be some deaths’: BBC’s Nicky Campbell left stunned after caller’s comments on small boat crossings

BBC Radio Five’s Nicky Campbell was left speechless by a listener call-in this morning (11 August), when a member of the public made some controversial comments regarding small boats on the Channel.

Known only as ‘Patricia from Bodmin’, the caller insisted we shouldn’t ‘let boats land’ in a bid to ‘stop them coming’.

“It’s very tough and I’m sorry there will be some deaths, I truly I am sorry about that”, she said, leaving Campbell in shock.

When he re-asked the question to confirm she meant her answer, she responded: “When the boats turn back there will be some deaths and that’s really, really a bad thing, but they will then stop coming.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/deaths-bbc-nicky-campbell-left-101013971.html
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
  • Options