You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

'Kissgate': Video shows Jenni Hermoso laughing at meme of Luis Rubiales kiss

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    edited August 2023
    Short answer. No.

This is a man who asked if he could "give her a peck"-and did that. The only doubt in my mind is whether that is assault or sexual assault.

If it was a one-off, could just about excuse it-seen the picture where he grabs his kn0b in the crowd when Spain scored?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited August 2023
    I think it's all a bit OTT.

It was heat of the moment genuine excitement imo, & if you look at the various 'photos the young Lady is beaming ear to ear in the moment immediately after the kiss. It was only when the activists got involved that the Lady went all "I'm so offended". Initially she (is reported) to have said "it was fine".

It's ruined the moment for the whole team, & for Spanish football & Spain more generally.

I get the point, I definitely do, but this is not the best example to go to war with.

Let's not forget that it was the odious Rapinoe who waded in first to set off the firestorm.

“On the biggest stage, where you should be celebrating, Jenni has to be physically assaulted by this guy,” Rapinoe said in an interview with the Atlantic published on Tuesday.

Rapinoe wading in? There's a surprise...

Physically assaulted? I don't think so.

Think we need to keep a sense of perspective here. There was no ill-intent. (IMO).

In a similar vein, I saw some guy get cancelled because he remarked of a young lady "you look lovely in that dress", which was later twisted into a sexist remark.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Note the young Lady lifting the guy off the ground here. Is that physical assault? It is by the standards being applied.

In HER words;

'I want to clarify that, as seen in the images, at no time did I consent to the kiss he gave me and of course in no case did I seek to raise the president.

Really?

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Look at the 4 photos showing her lifting the President. Which she claims she did not do.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/26/spain-football-federation-threatens-to-sue-protesting-female-players
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,193
    Essexphil said:

Short answer. No.

This is a man who asked if he could "give her a peck"-and did that. The only doubt in my mind is whether that is assault or sexual assault.

If it was a one-off, could just about excuse it-seen the picture where he grabs his kn0b in the crowd when Spain scored?

Grabbing his kn0b was stupid, but a completely separate incident.
    What was said or not said, is being disputed.
    Her immediate reaction was that she seemed to say, jokingly, that she didnt like it.
    I think I am probably too old to be a judge of this, and probably shouldnt be allowed out of the house these days.
    Things have changed so much since I was a youngster, and stuff that were acceptable then just arent today.
    I think that they were all entitled to feel excited after just winning the World Cup.
    Europeans are more into kissing than us, we shake hands.
    Nobody is claiming any tongues were involved.
    Should he really be fired for what may well have been a spontaneous reaction to the win.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    It's his speech that did it for me , if he'd a been a bit more humble and apologised and said he got carried away in the moment people may have brushed it off as excitement at winning the world cup but he comes out all guns blazing making himself look a right bellend ..imho
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:
    Its extremely sad that after winning the World Cup, that they are all left with such a sour taste.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:
    Its extremely sad that after winning the World Cup, that they are all left with such a sour taste.
    THIS
  • Options
    Women's football has taken about 100 years to be accepted as a mainstream sport.

In the moment it finally achieves this, after a truly absorbing competition, all the stories are about the actions of 1 man. The President of the Spanish FA. Who manages to singlehandedly divert all the attention away from the greatest moment in Spanish Women's football history.

The world moves on. What was once acceptable is no longer. That can be bear-baiting. Hare coursing. Fox hunting. Or middle-aged men believing they can grab their crotch and kiss young women in front of millions of viewers. While being paid to be the President of the Spanish FA.

Imagine if Newcastle win the CL. And all the stories were not about Newcastle's great triumph. But Amanda Staveley grabbing her crotch when Newcastle scored, and kissing the Toon captain?

Think she would have a job?
  • Options
    stokefc said:

It's his speech that did it for me , if he'd a been a bit more humble and apologised and said he got carried away in the moment people may have brushed it off as excitement at winning the world cup but he comes out all guns blazing making himself look a right bellend ..imho

@stokefc

Fair comment, but he's Spanish, they are a very excitable people.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Women's football has taken about 100 years to be accepted as a mainstream sport.

In the moment it finally achieves this, after a truly absorbing competition, all the stories are about the actions of 1 man. The President of the Spanish FA. Who manages to singlehandedly divert all the attention away from the greatest moment in Spanish Women's football history.

The world moves on. What was once acceptable is no longer. That can be bear-baiting. Hare coursing. Fox hunting. Or middle-aged men believing they can grab their crotch and kiss young women in front of millions of viewers. While being paid to be the President of the Spanish FA.

Imagine if Newcastle win the CL. And all the stories were not about Newcastle's great triumph. But Amanda Staveley grabbing her crotch when Newcastle scored, and kissing the Toon captain?

Not sure I buy that Phil. The attention was diverted by hysterical comments by the likes of Rapinoe, who, let's face it, is not shy when it comes to voicing her views on this subject.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

Fair comment, but he's Spanish, they are a very excitable people.
    So am i when i come sixth in the Orfordable i dunner kiss mar lady tho :p
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Not sure I buy that Phil. The attention was diverted by hysterical comments by the likes of Rapinoe, who, let's face it, is not shy when it comes to voicing her views on this subject.

Megan Rapinoe certainly divides opinion. But it is a sad fact that major change is only brought about by people like her. I'm not a fan of many of her methods.

Depends what you mean by "this subject". Megan Rapinoe is an advocate for Gay Women. Jenni Hermoso tries to keep her private life private. But is widely believed to be Gay. And has in the past been the subject of several news stories in that regard.

What is the difference between a gay woman being forcibly kissed by a man, and you or I being forcibly kissed by a Gay man? If a Gay man asked if he could give me a "peck", I would be fine with that. If he then kissed me full on the lips, I would have an issue.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    @Essexphil

That's all fair comment Phil, but let's not devalue the impulsive heat of the moment reactions by all concerned, especially on such a wonderful occasion for Women's Football.

There was every reason for all involved to be excited, & imo that's all there was to it - excitement by everyone concerned. She physically lifted him up, he kissed her, neither of which we'd normally expect to see, but this was a very special moment.

PS - I'm not sure that being Gay entitles anyone to special treatment. I'm 100% in favour of inclusivity for all, but that does not necessarily make Gay people a protected species. They are - or should be - treated the same as all of us. Not better, not worse.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Megan Rapinoe certainly divides opinion. But it is a sad fact that major change is only brought about by people like her. I'm not a fan of many of her methods.

Depends what you mean by "this subject". Megan Rapinoe is an advocate for Gay Women. Jenni Hermoso tries to keep her private life private. But is widely believed to be Gay. And has in the past been the subject of several news stories in that regard.

What is the difference between a gay woman being forcibly kissed by a man, and you or I being forcibly kissed by a Gay man? If a Gay man asked if he could give me a "peck", I would be fine with that. If he then kissed me full on the lips, I would have an issue.

I can see no relevance in your argument.
    Gayness shouldnt matter.
    It was surely a peck and not a kiss.
    There was a hysterical reaction.
    Many have jumped on the bandwagon, including the England players.
    I dont understand why a gay man would approach you out of the blue, and express a wish to give you a peck.
    Or why you would agree to this.
    If you foolishly agreed, and didnt clarify exactly what he had in mind, before proceeding, anything adverse that followed would probably your fault.

However, I do understand that in the heat of the moment, after winning the World Cup, that the boss may give one of the players a peck.
    It was obviously a mistake.
    Although I think it could have been dealt with by the two people involved.
    They could have met privately at some point, and he should have apologised.
    He should face a fine for grabbing his nuts.
    To fire him days after winning the World Cup for giving one of the players a peck, would be absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Wow.

An uncharacteristically sensible & well-reasoned post by @HAYSIE

Who'd have thought?
  • Options
    You sure it was a peck Tony , looked a full blown kiss on the lips
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Tikay10 said:

Wow.

An uncharacteristically sensible & well-reasoned post by @HAYSIE

Who'd have thought?

Luis Rubiales: Spanish football federation will take legal action over Jennifer Hermoso 'lies'

In its statement, the RFEF provided four images of Hermoso's embrace with Rubiales, with an analysis of each, which it claims demonstrates that she applied the force to lift Rubiales' feet off the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66626410