You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comp Day 4, THURSDAY. Premier League; Brighton v Manchester United @ 8pm

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Tikay10 said:

90th + 7 minutes; Brighton 1 Manchester United 0

In the very last seconds of the 5 minutes of added time, a Luke Shaw handball is confirmed by VAR & McAllister smashes it home.
    SIGH :/ .......... even tho' I do L <3 VE Brighton
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Tikay10 said:

Glenelg said:

99 mins wtf

@Glenelg

It was literally the last action of the match. Brutal for those on the Draw.
    Especially the N0-0 DRAW :/

.....Hey-Ho ..... always another day

..... and 'The Classics' start on the Flat this weekend :)
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    is it still running this thing this season?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,594

@Williams12

Not at present, but it may (or may not) resume soon.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

it seems very energy consuming amazing that you managed to do it
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

You've nailed it in one there.

Running it meant I had to be online managing it - closing it off, updating the scores & doing the updated leaderboard etc - as late as 10pm or even later most nights, & of course it ran 7 days per week, so I was sort of tied to the Forum almost full time. I was OK with that but it meant I could never take Gill out for the evening or go play an afternoon/evening round of golf. @MAXALLY was always willing to stand-in for me when I asked, but I don't feel comfy with asking such favours more than I have to. So I'm taking a little break at the moment whist I decide whether to resume. Also, the regular numbers of entrants were falling, we used to get an average of 50, but that fell to mid-thirties.

If Live football is on TV I usually watch it anyway, but it's tough to concentrate with one eye on updating scores etc on the Forum thread.

I'm currently giving some thought to running something which is not quite so high maintenance & which engages more people. It probably needed freshening up tbh.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

Running it meant I had to be online managing it - closing it off, updating the scores & doing the updated leaderboard etc - as late as 10pm or even later most nights, & of course it ran 7 days per week, so I was sort of tied to the Forum almost full time. I was OK with that but it meant I could never take Gill out for the evening or go play an afternoon/evening round of golf. @MAXALLY was always willing to stand-in for me when I asked, but I don't feel comfy with asking such favours more than I have to. So I'm taking a little break at the moment whist I decide whether to resume. Also, the regular numbers of entrants were falling, we used to get an average of 50, but that fell to mid-thirties.

If Live football is on TV I usually watch it anyway, but it's tough to concentrate with one eye on updating scores etc on the Forum thread.

I'm currently giving some thought to running something which is not quite so high maintenance & which engages more people. It probably needed freshening up tbh.
    Perhaps sky could build Ai powered kinda do it yourself system that doesn't take so much effort from the admin but I know it's a long shot to ask them to do something
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Draw 4 goals plz ty gl
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    ^^^^^
    hahaha scratch that :#
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

so you're quite a golf player?
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

@Williams12

Quite a bad one, yes.

I played a lot of golf 25 to 30 years ago, but then Poker, Sky & TV stuff came along & I "retired" due to lack of time.

I've started to (try to) play again this year. I'm quite awful, but I absolutely love it. I play 18 holes once or twice a week & go to the Range & get a basket of balls most days.

Almost the most enjoyable aspect of golf for me is the beautiful setting, & animals & birds. I live in Derbyshire where we have beautiful rolling countryside & parkland courses galore. I regularly see rabbits, squirrels, crows, various raptors (kestrels, buzzards, peregrine falcons), crows, jackdaws, Canadian geese, Egyptian geese, Mandarin ducks, mallards, deer & muntjacs. To me, every time I see any wildlife or birdlife, it's a thrill.

Here's Breadsall Priory, where I play regularly;

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12

@Williams12

@Williams12

Quite a bad one, yes.

I played a lot of golf 25 to 30 years ago, but then Poker, Sky & TV stuff came along & I "retired" due to lack of time.

I've started to (try to) play again this year. I'm quite awful, but I absolutely love it. I play 18 holes once or twice a week & go to the Range & get a basket of balls most days.

Almost the most enjoyable aspect of golf for me is the beautiful setting, & animals & birds. I live in Derbyshire where we have beautiful rolling countryside & parkland courses galore. I regularly see rabbits, squirrels, crows, various raptors (kestrels, buzzards, peregrine falcons), crows, jackdaws, Canadian geese, Egyptian geese, Mandarin ducks, mallards, deer & muntjacs. To me, every time I see any wildlife or birdlife, it's a thrill.

Here's Breadsall Priory, where I play regularly;

Surreal, it looks brilliant. Just going there and doing the swings is a great achievement in my opinion, rather then being a couch potato haha
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    Tikay10 said:

@Williams12
    @Tikay10

Just a thought but the competition was a bit of lottery with a lot of work for you.

Maybe do a once a week lotto for the same prizes but to qualify members have to create a new post on the poker Forum. Only one entry despite the number of posts so no advantage to anyone beginning with "H".

Could get more traffic on the Forum and increase diversity of posts?

Easy to run for anyone with a big enough hat to draw the names out?

Just a thought but feel free to ignore.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    tai-gar said:

Tikay10 said:

@Williams12
    @Tikay10

Just a thought but the competition was a bit of lottery with a lot of work for you.

Maybe do a once a week lotto for the same prizes but to qualify members have to create a new post on the poker Forum. Only one entry despite the number of posts so no advantage to anyone beginning with "H".

Could get more traffic on the Forum and increase diversity of posts?

Easy to run for anyone with a big enough hat to draw the names out?

Just a thought but feel free to ignore.

@tai-gar

That's very helpful, thank you.

I've been trying to think of something which we could do, less high-maintenance, but similar prizes, & which encouraged people to actively engage on the Forum a little more.

Everything has been on hold since Vegas though as I needed to have another new company laptop - my 2nd inside a month - which I eventually got on Thursday. However, in the process of swapping over, all my photos - including all my Vegas photos, everything - were lost. Hence the delay in Part 2 of Postcard from Vegas. Luckily, I've still got most of the 'photos on my 'phone, so just need to sort them again.

Life on the personal front has been unusually interesting, not to say exciting, too. None of which I could have done whilst running that Daily Forum Comp.
  • Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 148
    Instead of setting it up daily, why not just set it up for the full week and let it run?
  • Options

Instead of setting it up daily, why not just set it up for the full week and let it run?

@gogogadget

Thanks Mr Gadget.

An interesting thought, though I'm not sure it would work, it really needs the daily league updates to sustain interest.

I'm still trying to figure out a formula that is less timed-consuming though, & I'm sure I'll come up with something quite soon.

PS - Thanks.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,024
    Could also look to introduce a knockout element to reduce the workload. For example:-

1. Pre-day 1. One new forum thread to enter in the preceding 7 days
    2. Anyone not submitting entries for both of the 1st 2 days removed for that week
    3. Day 4. Top 16 (or less)
    4. Day 5. Top 8 (or less)

Just a thought
  • Options

Thanks @Essexphil

Thinking cap is on.
  • Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2023
    @Tikay10 Happy to admin the daily league update if this helps too 😎
  • Options
    River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 119
    could you do it where it's somewhat a spin off from super 6 where on a saturday you pick 7 games (1 from the premier league, 1 from the championship, 1 from league one, 1 from league two, 1 from the national league, and 1 from each of the national league north and south). 7 games because thats what it was before and it only takes 1 day to do. the only problem would be selecting which game from which league...