You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£1000 bounty hunter. im the first to go out :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: £1000 bounty hunter. im the first to go out :(:
    So you say you have a big hand preflop. you raise it and they call and you dont hit. what do you do then?
    Posted by shaun09

Arite mate i used to have a similiar problem everytime i had AQ- AKs and missed on the flop i would never no what to do. I tried C-betting,overbetting,check raising,check folding,check calling etc etc sometimes they worked sometimes the didnt. And imo there is no right answer to this, its more about situation and the board than your whole cards alot of the time. if you start trying to put ranges on your oppenents hands this should help. remember everytime you miss with ak it doesn't mean your oppenent has hit. 

Like i said mate what helped me is looking at the board texture, thinking what the player might be calling your pre flop raise with etc etc trust me it will slowly start to come together, great thing about this game is theres always something new to learn and think about.

• Options
    shaun09shaun09 Member Posts: 1,606
    edited April 2010
    Yeah i came 3rd out of 938 i think it was, but i only had to be in top 10. but it was only a freeroll.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think the thing is with me. when i have hit but not his with a very good kicker. then i always seem to think they have a better hand. when some one bets againts me if i havent hit massivly i always think they have better hand.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    im in a bounty hunter now with 127 people. but in was only £2.30 buy in i think.  ill see how i do in that
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    good luck :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just came 3rd out of 200 odd in a freeroll to get into the 5k sky sport bounty/hunter, the top two get a place :(
    Gutted!!