You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Calorie deficit for 70 days at 60 years old. CHALLENGE ENDED EARLY AMID PANIC AND SADNESS

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    stokefc said:

Pah , i've lost a stone in a week and i'm not even trying

We need Evidence ....

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,190
    Day 8 16/10/23

Kcals Expended 4,158
    Kcals Consumed 1,655
    Calorie Deficit 2,503

Ok, accepting that 6,000 Kcals a day is way too much for any kind of regular expenditure, I have decided, after a long consultation with people who understand these things to adopt a different approach.

Instead of absolutely trashing the body to failure every day then trying to keep it fueled almost as an afterthought, start with the fuel that goes in and train only to ensure a deficit of between 1,600 and 2,400. it is apparently much more sustainable and whilst still high effort, allows a little more leeway.

So say for instance I have a day where for whatever reason I only consume 1,600 Kcals, I don't need to train like a maniac and going to exhaustion, no I simply train to between 3,200 and 4,000 and call it a day.

Yes I know the above figures show that I got it slightly wrong but, I did about 45 minutes less than I thought I would and have the option of extra food if I felt it necessary.

It should yield the same results with less stress on both the nervous and the digestive systems and give me more control to ensure that the day 4 fiasco does not occur again.

That's it I'm outta here.

Speak tomorrow.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616

"Ok, accepting that 6,000 Kcals a day is way too much for any kind of regular expenditure, I have decided, after a long consultation with people who understand these things to adopt a different approach".

Good. The road to Heaven & all that, but I do think the original target was too ambitious & maybe even unhealthy.

I'm sure you'll succeed now.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Day 9 17/10/23

Kcals Expended 3,972
    Kcals Consumed 2,146
    Calorie Deficit 1,826

Bit fatigued and leggy today so struggled with the 2nd spin. Rest day tomorrow so a chance to recover and just do a little resistance training.

Speak tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Nice work. I could do with some of your motivation after 6 weeks of no exercise.
  • Options
    Day 10 18/10/23

REST DAY

Kcals Expended 3,963
    Kcals Consumed 1,951
    Calorie Deficit 2,012

Nothing to see here.

Speak tomorrow.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Good luck with this....I reckon target of 20 stone will be met at 21:47 on
  • Options
    Dec 8th, or thereabouts
  • Options
    Lol. 21:47. That's pretty specific.

Dec 8th or thereabouts, maybe not quite so.

To be honest I think that if I can get to the magical 280lb or 20 stone or 127.27 Kg on or before New Years Day that will be an incredible 12 weeks.

However, I'm not fixated on a specific target. It's more about establishing good habits and allowing results to follow.
  • Options
    Day 11 19/10/23

Kcals expended 2,973
    Kcals consumed 870
    Calorie deficit 2,103

No I haven't discovered a new low calorie eating plan, it's simpler than that.

I went to my dentist today about some troublesome teeth whereupon she decided that the three at the bottom front of the mouth required extracting due to being very loose. In fact I'm sure they were loosened about 20 years ago courtesy of a violent altercation during my career on the doors, probably the same one where I got a broken jaw and nose. However, I digress.

Having informed me that I will only look like a redneck hillbilly for 3 months when I will get a plate fitted, it was decided that there's no time like the present so several shots of Lidocaine later and hey presto 4 of my teeth are lying in the tray and I'm drooling like an idiot.

She decided to take one from the top as well as it was badly damaged hence the 4 and then gave me a list of dos and don'ts which included NO exercise for 48 hours, "soft" food for 48 hours, no alcohol, blah blah and instructions on pain management.

So no training today or tomorrow, although tomorrow I will go for a walk and there's only so much rice pudding, mash and soup I can take, hence the ridiculously low calorie consumption figures, 390 of those were breakfast and had I known the outcome of the visit I'd have loaded up a little more.

So yes it's a good deficit, but it's not a good way of going about things so hopefully I can revert to more normal levels.

Oh and if you're wondering why I'm struggling to eat now, the pain has kicked in big time. Tramadol helps, but talking and eating just aren't worth the effort right now so it's a disturbed night for me but hey come the new year when I'm fitter and lighter, hopefully I will have a better smile as well.

Ok, I'm outta here.

Speak tomorrow.

P.S. Sorry almost forgot.

Welcome to Chandler, Oklahoma, the county seat of Lincoln and home to many Route 66 attractions. However, it didn't have the smoothest of starts. Due to be 'opened' on 22nd September 1891 as part of a land run - literally a first-come, first-served rush to previously restricted territory, usually Native American settlements - Chandler was already 'settled' insofar as there was already a post office and several other official buildings. However, the site survey wasn't in place, so Chandler had its own exclusive run six days later.

The Chandler courthouse seems to have had a run of bad luck, too - torn down by a tornado in 1897 (17 town residents died), a stone courthouse eventually replaced it, but this was burned down in December 1967 and rebuilt again. Third time lucky for the courthouse, it's still standing today.

Despite oil discoveries in the surrounding area, Chandler has surprisingly never become a boom town. The population has also been relatively small, at less than 3000 inhabitants.

The Lincoln County Historical Society and Museum of Pioneer History contains thought-provoking information about the area, not to mention photographs and mementos of families dating back to before the land rush of 1891. Records of business, people and the general history of the whole county are on display, dating as far back as the Spanish-American War in 1898.
  • Options
    Day 12 20/10/23

Kcals expended 2,994
    Kcals consumed 1,762
    Calorie deficit 1,232

Ok so another day without real exercise on the advice of the dentist. Tried for a walk but it was really just an attempt at paddling whilst avoiding being blown over.

Back in the grove Saturday.
  • Options
    Day 13 21/10/23

Kcals expended 3,177
    Kcals consumed 2,150
    Calorie deficit 1,027

Just a lazy, couldn't be arsed day, with too much good sport on the T.V. in my warm, cozy living room.

That and the fact that I've still got quite a lot of pain in my mouth. I fully expected the extraction area to still be a little tender but it feels like I've taken a couple of big punches to the jaw.

I'm still getting used to eating, no front teeth at the bottom means that I am learning almost how to eat. It's still mainly easy soft foods and I'm already craving a steak.

Today will probably be much of the same, I don't usually take painkillers for anything so I'm finding that the Tramadol are making me very tired and sleepy. I don't want to take them but I don't want to spend 20 hours awake because of the discomfort.

Ok, that's me done here, I will post the week 2 totals and the cumulative figures tomorrow.

have a great Sunday
  • Options
    Day 14 22/10/23

Kcals expended 3,803
    Kcals consumed 1,816
    Calorie deficit 1,987

Totals for the week
    Kcals expended 25,040
    Kcals consumed 12,350
    Calorie deficit 12,690

Starting weight 328lbs
    Weight last week 321lbs
    Weight this week 317lbs

Weekly +/- -4lbs
    Running total -11lbs

New BMR for week 3 = 2,050 Kcals

So a bit of a strange week sees a loss of 4lbs which I'm happy about, in fact something similar over week 3 will see the weight loss past the first stone.

Beginning to realise just how few calories exercise actually accounts for although I still get wildly fluctuating results depending upon how well rested and fueled the body is.

I also have a better understanding of the relationship between sleep, nutrition, performance and weight loss.

A smaller maximum calorie intake for the next week, however I shall speak to my P.T. for some advice regarding week 4s limit as I feel that I may need to take the exercise into consideration when calculating for a lighter body.

Ok, I'm outta here, the gym beckons. Have a great day and speak tomorrow.
  • Options

Solid start.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Solid start.

With no solid food?👹
  • Options
    Day 15 23/10/23

REST DAY

Kcals expended 3,205
    Kcals consumed 1,620
    Calorie deficit 1,585

Deficit is slightly under my desired range but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it.

Having every 5th day as a rest day isn't perfect but I understand why it's necessary.

Speak tomorrow.
  • Options
    Day 16 24/10/23

Kcals expended 4,125
    Kcals consumed 2,017
    Calorie deficit 2,108

Better day with a decent 90 minute spin session.

The 40Km put me past another Route 66 milestone so let's see where I am shall we.

Oklahoma City was founded in the Land Run of 22nd April 1889, and within a few hours of its official foundation, it already had a population of over 10,000 people. Within a decade, the population had doubled. By the time it was admitted to the Union in 1907, it was streets ahead of Guthrie - the territory capital - both as a population centre and a successful industrial and commercial hub.

Oklahoma enjoyed a prosperous reputation, largely due to oil, and as a federal government centre. In April 1995, however, the Murrah Building was subjected to the deadliest act of domestic terrorism in American history and the worst act of terrorism on American soil until September 11, 2001. 168 people died, and over 600 were injured.

Gulf War veteran Timothy McVeigh detonated a truck bomb in front of the building as revenge for the government's handling of the Waco siege, which killed 76 people exactly two years earlier. McVeigh, a decorated soldier, was shocked by his orders to execute Iraqi prisoners who were surrendering. On his return from the Gulf, he appears to have become completely disillusioned by the government. He wrote a letter to a local newspaper containing the line, "Do we have to shed blood to reform the current system?"

By 1995, he was completely radicalised and turned to violent terrorism. His 168 victims at the Murrah Building included 19 children in a second-floor daycare centre, which he said would have given him cause to choose another target had he known (although it is widely thought that he did know and didn't care). McVeigh was convicted and executed by lethal injection at 7.14 a.m. on 11th June 2001.

Rescue and recovery operations continued at the site for over a week until the ruined building was demolished a month later. On the fifth anniversary of the bombing in April 2000, the Oklahoma City National Memorial was formally dedicated, commemorating all those affected by the atrocity, including rescuers and family members

Ok, I'm outta here, speak tomorrow
  • Options
    Day 17 25/10/23

Kcals expended 3,900
    Kcals consumed 1,590
    Calorie deficit 2,310

It was a good session with the P.T. She was really happy with it, I was really happy with it, it seems the whole world was happy with it.

There is always a downside though and after a monster session of drop sets and super sets the ability to effectively use my arms is somewhat diminished as pecs, shoulders, delts, biceps and triceps all got worked to failure.

I'm not in pain, just sore and achey which considering it's been a while since I seriously moved weights is only to expected.

Today, Thursday, will see some cardio, probably spinning (60 - 90 mins), and tomorrow is a heavy legs day with a short cardio session after.

So that's the plan, although plans, especially my plans, have a tendency to change.

Ok, I'm outta here. Speak tomorrow.
  • Options

How are the teeth, or more correctly, the holes where they used to reside? Still painful?
  • Options
    The bottom 3 spaces are getting quite firm now but the top left gum is all swollen and very blooming sore. I've got a weeks antibiotics, so hopefully it gets sorted.

Having the mould for the plate done on the 11/1/24 by which time I will have just about got the hang of eating, only to have to learn it all again.

My Son made one of his legendary beef Stroganoffs the other day, it's not the same after its been liquidized.