You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM bubble POLL

Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
so, new one this time. THIS IS A TURBO DYM WHERE STARTING STACK IS 1000. 6 runners. we have K-4 suited on the button. we are 4/4 on button with 800 chips (5.3bb) and the blinds are 75/150. it folds to us. the sb has 1200 and the bb has 1600. the folded player behind us had 2400. WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? (hope this was enough info for you guys)

DYM bubble POLL 19 votes

fold
21%
TheEdge949freeatlastSCOTFOXdanbrad029 4 votes
call
0%
limp fold
0%
shove
78%
glencoeladgoldnballzbadbeatashPKRParlundielfccarlgreen_beerTsaaaarDoublemeToffeeandyLittleGJBertie283destinycodgregkdy82Spike4000 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    shove
    WAY less engagement in this one, is it because of the structure being a DYM and less people play them so less people care? @Tikay10 thoughts?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    Spike4000 said:

WAY less engagement in this one, is it because of the structure being a DYM and less people play them so less people care? @Tikay10 thoughts?

@Spike4000

It's very hard to predict sometimes what will or will not get engagement. I've been trying for over 16 years & still find it hard to predict what will or won't be popular.

It may be, as you suggest, because it's a DYM where the decisions can often be less complex.

FWIW, I'm jamming the K-4 but it'll be hard to get called by worse so I'm hoping I get two folds. Or get lucky.
  • Options
    shove
    could just be that this spot is easier so less complex as you said...

i am also shoving the K4 every day of the week.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    You probably need to add a picture of a golfer in shorts to up the interaction
  • Options
    shove
    ah, duely noted. @Jac35
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,625
    shove
    I cant think of much circumstances that would lead to me doing anything but shoving here.
    I mean even if I believe strongly that there is collusion cheating going on and I am likely to be called wide I think this is still a shove. The fact is we are the weakest stack and will likely lose fold equity if we dont make moves soon.
    in a standard spin and go this would be a shove which is basically cash game structure as it is winner take all.
    Here however if the small blind and big blind are playing optimally then they should be calling wider then that.

you cant really min raise here as that is to much of your stack to fold and what do you do if the bb flats and you totally miss the flop?

The only possible reason for any other player other then a shove here is if we know for a fact that SB folds the vast majority of their range here to complete only half a blind and BB will literally check fold unless they hit a strong flop.

Even with those circumstances I suspect the math would still show a shove is preferable unless you factor in BB will call your shove very wide and even then I would suspect the math would favour a shove. However I am guessing at that point because I have not tried to work out the math for this spot because it is so niche and rare all the circumstances would line up for this that it wouldnt be worth studying.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    shove
    clear shove
  • Options
    shove
    the majority are definitely correct here, it is 1000% a shove. well done
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    fold
    Never shoving into the bigger stacked blinds with K 4.

One gappers, suited cards, double paint, any pair, any ace, connected cards. Yes, they're all a shove, but not K 4, especially as the player who is 3/4 is the bb next hand and that's where I'm looking to put the pressure on.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited November 2023
    Spike4000 said:

the majority are definitely correct here, it is 1000% a shove. well done

Whilst the shove will be correct the vast amount of the time it won’t always be the case here
    We know that a shove should fold out many hands
    However, not everyone plays correctly
    Without knowing who the blinds are it doesn’t make it an automatic shove.
    Notes on opponents in a small player pool are vital
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    I’m folding. Maybe that’s too tight. For the reasons @TheEdge949 said. See the likes of J6 offsuit call here too often even against that we are only winning 3 out of 5.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,749
    shove
    i read once about broomcorns uncle......dont wanna be like that guy ;)
  • Options
    destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2023
    shove

Never shoving into the bigger stacked blinds with K 4.

One gappers, suited cards, double paint, any pair, any ace, connected cards. Yes, they're all a shove, but not K 4, especially as the player who is 3/4 is the bb next hand and that's where I'm looking to put the pressure on.

I think K4 is a much better shove than suited cards (say 98 suited) due to having a King and blocking your opponents calling ranges.

I would always put the majority of my chips in middle in this spot, say 600, which leaves the option of folding if both blinds go all in afterwards with the intent to call off if one player calls/shoves after us.