You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Air Strikes.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,018

remove our corrupt politicians and let decent honest people of this country take the helm. ones who are not **** bent on war and destruction , people who don't work for the big club ..

did you know all wars since napoleon , both sides have been funded by the same families , the Rothschilds even admit that themselves .

This is quite possibly the most naive statement I have ever seen on this forum.

Do you honestly believe that if "we" (whoever that is) removed "our corrupt politicians", that this would result in "decent honest people...taking the helm".

Politics doesn't work like that. Never has. Never will. All you would get is a different bunch of people trying to impose their own agenda, for their own purposes.

Quite possibly the shining example to show this was Donald Trump. I don't mean this in the sense that I don't like his policies. Just how he tried to become a meaningful politician in lots of ways.

He has been a Registered Member of 3 different political parties. Republican, Democrat, and Ross Perot's Reform Party.

He tried to persuade Bush to allow him to be his Running Mate-effectively to become Vice President. That was refused.

In 2000 he stood for the Presidency under Ross Perot's Reform Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

Look at what he stood for. Fair trade. Universal Healthcare. Withdrew from that race-not because he didn't believe in that sort of stuff. Because the Reform Party wasn't going to win, and his opinion poll ratings stood at 7%.

Fast forward to 2016. Stands on a mixture of slogans and xenophobia. The 1 "policy" which I particularly remember is that there was going to be a Wall between the US and Mexico, and Mexico was going to pay for it. Why would they?

Universal Healthcare was attacked. Not because he didn't believe in it (he did) but because it would win him votes. That's the point-the Electorate talk about the way they feel everyone should vote. And don't.

Trump did not serve an "apprenticeship" of being a Governor/Senator etc. He's the closest modern example to someone being from the outside, campaigning as though it wasn't all about self-interest.

It was. It always is. On the Right. On the Left. And by people who tell people that "decent honest" people will ever appear, or ever get elected.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,163

haysie please , there is something called the internet.

You just swallow it all.

Fact Check: Jacob Rothschild Is NOT Worth '$500 Trillion' And Does NOT Own 'Every Central Bank In The World'
    Fact Check
    Nov 8, 2021 by: Alexis Tereszcuk
    Share Tweet
    STORY UPDATED: check for updates below.

Fact Check: Jacob Rothschild Is NOT Worth '$500 Trillion' And Does NOT Own 'Every Central Bank In The World'Bad Joke
    Is Jacob Rothschild worth "$500 trillion" and does he own "every central bank in the world"? No, that's not true: A satirical meme posted about the wealthy Rothschild exaggerates his estimated $5 billion wealth and erroneously claims that he owns every central bank in the world. There is no evidence he has financed both sides of every war since Napoleon as he wasn't born for more than 100 years after Napoleon led the French army.

The claim appeared in an Instagram post (archived here) published November 2, 2021. It opened:

Mr. Burns from The Simpsons is based off
    Jacob Rothschild
    net worth 500 trillion
    Owns every central bank in the world
    Financed both sides of every war since
    Napoleon

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2021/11/fact-check-jacob-rothschild-is-not-worth-500-trillion-and-does-not-own-every-central-bank-in-the-world.html
  • Options

yes thats correct , its all about control , oil , money power , what ever one you wanna choose and unfortunately for us food is now being attacked in all our countries ..

nathan funded wellington and jacob funded napoleon

You sticking with that?
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Probably the best post this year Phil.

I don’t understand the point of “ Rothschild has funded both sides of every war” tbh.
    Even if that was remotely true, all it means is a few countries borrowed money, what it doesn’t mean is the borrower agrees with the wars, it just means they will make money from them, which is what a bank does surely?

If anyone is naive enough to think banks make money ethically these days, more fool them.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

@tomgoodun

I agree, that post by @Essexphil is SO good, it cuts through so much nonsense.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    HAYSIE said:

haysie please , there is something called the internet.

You just swallow it all.

Fact Check: Jacob Rothschild Is NOT Worth '$500 Trillion' And Does NOT Own 'Every Central Bank In The World'
    Fact Check
    Nov 8, 2021 by: Alexis Tereszcuk
    Share Tweet
    STORY UPDATED: check for updates below.

Fact Check: Jacob Rothschild Is NOT Worth '$500 Trillion' And Does NOT Own 'Every Central Bank In The World'Bad Joke
    Is Jacob Rothschild worth "$500 trillion" and does he own "every central bank in the world"? No, that's not true: A satirical meme posted about the wealthy Rothschild exaggerates his estimated $5 billion wealth and erroneously claims that he owns every central bank in the world. There is no evidence he has financed both sides of every war since Napoleon as he wasn't born for more than 100 years after Napoleon led the French army.

The claim appeared in an Instagram post (archived here) published November 2, 2021. It opened:

Mr. Burns from The Simpsons is based off
    Jacob Rothschild
    net worth 500 trillion
    Owns every central bank in the world
    Financed both sides of every war since
    Napoleon

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2021/11/fact-check-jacob-rothschild-is-not-worth-500-trillion-and-does-not-own-every-central-bank-in-the-world.html

Well now, this is awkward....

"did you know all wars since napoleon , both sides have been funded by the same families , the Rothschilds even admit that themselves."

"There is no evidence he has financed both sides of every war since Napoleon as he wasn't born for more than 100 years after Napoleon led the French army."
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041

War is terrible, those comments that @lucy4 posted, from Downing Street and Washington are shocking imo.

Communicating and negotiating is the only way for peace……

…….but there is too much hate in the world and too much misinformation and confusion….i had a point in my brain but it is gone, must drink more coffee……

@green_beer the post is from a satire site called NewsThump, though some of the posts are closer to the truth than you'd think.

https://newsthump.com/
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    edited January 13
    lucy4 said:

War is terrible, those comments that @lucy4 posted, from Downing Street and Washington are shocking imo.

Communicating and negotiating is the only way for peace……

…….but there is too much hate in the world and too much misinformation and confusion….i had a point in my brain but it is gone, must drink more coffee……

@green_beer the post is from a satire site called NewsThump, though some of the posts are closer to the truth than you'd think.

https://newsthump.com/
    well that makes me feel much better ;P and a little stupid, but i suppose it shows how we bite at "fake news" without fact checking, guess i will need to addf you into the bluffers camp.......

i will just stick to tha music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZydAotVOY
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    favt checkers lmao all paid for by the same people ,, enjoy the war and killing people , its in your name
  • Options
    jakob rothschild 1792 to 1868
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

remove our corrupt politicians and let decent honest people of this country take the helm. ones who are not **** bent on war and destruction , people who don't work for the big club ..

did you know all wars since napoleon , both sides have been funded by the same families , the Rothschilds even admit that themselves .

This is quite possibly the most naive statement I have ever seen on this forum.

Do you honestly believe that if "we" (whoever that is) removed "our corrupt politicians", that this would result in "decent honest people...taking the helm".

Politics doesn't work like that. Never has. Never will. All you would get is a different bunch of people trying to impose their own agenda, for their own purposes.

Quite possibly the shining example to show this was Donald Trump. I don't mean this in the sense that I don't like his policies. Just how he tried to become a meaningful politician in lots of ways.

He has been a Registered Member of 3 different political parties. Republican, Democrat, and Ross Perot's Reform Party.

He tried to persuade Bush to allow him to be his Running Mate-effectively to become Vice President. That was refused.

In 2000 he stood for the Presidency under Ross Perot's Reform Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

Look at what he stood for. Fair trade. Universal Healthcare. Withdrew from that race-not because he didn't believe in that sort of stuff. Because the Reform Party wasn't going to win, and his opinion poll ratings stood at 7%.

Fast forward to 2016. Stands on a mixture of slogans and xenophobia. The 1 "policy" which I particularly remember is that there was going to be a Wall between the US and Mexico, and Mexico was going to pay for it. Why would they?

Universal Healthcare was attacked. Not because he didn't believe in it (he did) but because it would win him votes. That's the point-the Electorate talk about the way they feel everyone should vote. And don't.

Trump did not serve an "apprenticeship" of being a Governor/Senator etc. He's the closest modern example to someone being from the outside, campaigning as though it wasn't all about self-interest.

It was. It always is. On the Right. On the Left. And by people who tell people that "decent honest" people will ever appear, or ever get elected.

i agree unfortunately but at the same time i refuse to give up on good people and humanity , there must be more than enough decent people in this world , country
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    Def: Decent Person....... but he tells lies.
  • Options
    Great Politician just makes mistakes all the time.
  • Options
    We have all this Ammunition laying about ..... very dangerous...
  • Options
    War Pollution is of no consequence ...... move along.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,613
    Whilst I think painted one can get a bit silly sometimes as conspiracy theories can, I do not think there is nothing to this.

I am not going to accuse the rothschild or any other group of funding every single war or etc,

However I do believe that the vast majority of politicians in western democracies are not working for the population they are working for rich elites.

Where does their funding coming from? a lot of mps get very lucrative jobs in industry afterwards a back handed legal bribe?

their funding for running is mostly from rich elites. The Media is owned by rich elites.

I have been condemned for not condemning others immediately. There have been several cases where person X is vilified in the media and I am supposed to say they are scum before I know any of the facts or have read anything on it. Simply because a headline vilifies them.

if you speak out against the interests of rich elites and have a big enough platform/influence you can easily be misrepresented and vilified by the media. any decent politician who gained a platform would be destroyed by this hence why do you think it is that our choices on who to vote for is always between a giant Douche and a **** Sandwich to quote south park.

The politicians do not work for the people they work for the rich elites.
  • Options
    yes double me yes
  • Options
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    I guess Cameron knows what he's talking about after bombing Libya which de-stabalised North Africa