You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Moan of the day.

tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
The word ‘Love’ is used far too lightly it seems these days.

A certain radio presenter grates, he ALWAYS says “ Love you babe” to anyone….people who randomly ring the station, weather presenters, the person who reports on the traffic, studio guests and so on.

It absolutely does my head in.

You don’t “ Love “ them, love should be used sparingly as to not diminish the meaning of the word.

Rylan, you’re a nob.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Everyone is different. And that is good.

I don't mind Rylan. It's part of who he is. There's no ulterior motive. Whereas the people who use the word to get someone's kit off are (IMO) more deserving of scorn.

If we are talking Radio 2 Presenters who get on my nerves, Scott Mills wins every time for me :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Everyone is different. And that is good.

I don't mind Rylan. It's part of who he is. There's no ulterior motive. Whereas the people who use the word to get someone's kit off are (IMO) more deserving of scorn.

If we are talking Radio 2 Presenters who get on my nerves, Scott Mills wins every time for me :)

Agree different is good Phil, it’s just the throwaway use of the word love that isn’t great.

Unfortunately the people in the public eye set trends, and using the word love as a gesture other than its deep meaning ( in my eyes) softens the meaning.

Is Scott Mills the one that sounds like Joel Dommet?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    We All Love You Tom.......
  • Options
    We all Love a night out.
  • Options
    We all love a Beer. The word has many ways to explain emotion ....... hugs !
  • Options
    goldon said:

We All Love You Tom.......

Ha, thanks Don, I’m torn now - maybe my moan was a little hasty 😉

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Although I almost never say it to anyone ever, I love people by default, even those I've never met. I think if everyone was the same we'd all be a lot happier.
  • Options

Although I almost never say it to anyone ever, I love people by default, even those I've never met. I think if everyone was the same we'd all be a lot happier.

I think the topic of love is an excellent one for debate, the English language is so complex.

My original tongue in cheek post does have an element of truth behind it, but as Don rightly pointed out to me, the word can be used in a variety of ways, but I strongly believe when one is in a relationship it should only be used when two people have been together for a while ( never on the first date 😊)y

Agree with the principle of “ Love thy neighbour”
    Except when they park like nobs and take up half of your allocated space ofc 😉
  • Options
    The un-spoken one is the one that counts for me.... you see it in their eyes and actions you can feel it in their presence no need to shout it from the roof tops.

un-less you love a beer...... cough!
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    tomgoodun said:

My original tongue in cheek post does have an element of truth behind it, but as Don rightly pointed out to me, the word can be used in a variety of ways, but I strongly believe when one is in a relationship it should only be used when two people have been together for a while ( never on the first date 😊)y

Agreed. Every time I've been in a relationship with a girl and she is saying I love you after the 2nd date it never ends well.

Agree with Goldon too. Love is a feeling unlike any other and is best when it is felt rather than reiterated every 5 minutes.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    From personal experience, I think once you've been with your partner for 10, 20, 30 years you can use the word love.......sorry tolerate, you can use the word tolerate, my mistake! :D

Excellent thread title Tom, feel free to update with a new moan each day, or perhaps others can chip in? Must be non poker related though, otherwise I think the usual suspects will hijack it very quickly.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    Love is...

• Options
    Enut said:

From personal experience, I think once you've been with your partner for 10, 20, 30 years you can use the word love.......sorry tolerate, you can use the word tolerate, my mistake! :D

Excellent thread title Tom, feel free to update with a new moan each day, or perhaps others can chip in? Must be non poker related though, otherwise I think the usual suspects will hijack it very quickly.

In the throes of passion and after the ‘main event’,gazing adoringly into your partners eyes and whispering “ Oh darling I tolerate you”, doesn’t quite have the same ring to it 😊
  • Options
    " Love Thy Neighbour " Wow! Blast from the Past... just watched the very first pilot series.

Would (not) be allowed now....trail blazer of its day
    tomgoodun said:

A certain radio presenter grates, he ALWAYS says “ Love you babe” to anyone….people who randomly ring the station, weather presenters, the person who reports on the traffic, studio guests and so on.

You don’t “ Love “ them, love should be used sparingly as to not diminish the meaning of the word.

Rylan, you’re a nob.

Remember one Radio Station I listened to in the car on the way home from work he would always sign off saying...." Don't forget to give your kids a Hug & Tell them that you Love them.

• Options
    lucy4 said:

Love is...

I tried printing that off and giving a copy to my other half, her reply was a most unladylike '**** off!'
  • Options
    Mistake was not up dating the date to 2024 / From the " Loose Woman ShowTeam."
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    tomgoodun said:

Rylan, you’re a nob.

What gets my goat is when T.V. Chefs say "You can tell that food is made with love". So you're telling me if two people follow the same recipe with the same ingredients one is gonna taste better than the other because it's 'Made with love' :s
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Think they mean Love Juice...... "You can tell that food is made with love" but don't swallow.?
  • Options
    Time for another gripe.

“ Gender Reveal “

I may be getting on in years, but what is the point of inviting friends and family to a gathering to tell them the gender at birth of the child the mother is expecting?

IMO - Gender Reveal = Excuse for a pi55 Up

• Options
    I remember the good old days when there were pink and blue balloons, now there are, apparently, 104 different colour balloons.