You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Best Football Pie ?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,224
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,425
    lucy4 said:

Proper sausages too
  • Options
    What ever happened to a Pie & Bovril at halftime, though it does look nice.

• Options
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,425
    lucy4 said:

Ok, that would be sufficient grounds for a proper "kick off".
  • Options
    Deconstructed Steak Pie & Mash...

To me it just seems a pot of stew with a crappy bit of pie crust on the side.
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,313
    lucy4 said:

That should be subject to a compulsory ground improvement or not readmitted to the League. Hideous
  • Options
    A bigger roll or smaller sausage...

• Options
  • Options
    The best football pie?

Is it England at 3.14 to win the Euros?

I'll get my coat :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

The best football pie?

I was watching The Chase yesterday and a question was about the the longest pi calculation, it surprised me that the answer was 31 Trillion digits, my second thought was why do people do these sort of things ?

The value of the number pi has been calculated to a new world record length of 31 trillion digits, far past the previous record of 22 trillion.

Emma Haruka Iwao, a Google employee from Japan, found the new digits with the help of the company's cloud computing service.

Pi is the number you get when you divide a circle's circumference by its diameter.

The first digits, 3.14, are well known but the number is infinitely long.

Extending the known sequence of digits in pi is very difficult because the number follows no set pattern.

Pi is used in engineering, physics, supercomputing and space exploration - because its value can be used in calculations for waves, external, circles and cylinders.

The pursuit of longer versions of pi is a long-standing pastime among mathematicians. And Ms Iwao said she had been fascinated by the number since she had been a child.

The calculation required 170TB of data (for comparison, 200,000 music tracks take up 1TB) and took 25 virtual machines 121 days to complete.

It would take 332,064 years to say the 31.4 trillion digit number.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47524760
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,509

@lucy4

That is a great story. What an amazing thing pi is.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,324
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

The best football pie?

I was watching The Chase yesterday and a question was about the the longest pi calculation, it surprised me that the answer was 31 Trillion digits, my second thought was why do people do these sort of things ?

The value of the number pi has been calculated to a new world record length of 31 trillion digits, far past the previous record of 22 trillion.

Emma Haruka Iwao, a Google employee from Japan, found the new digits with the help of the company's cloud computing service.

Pi is the number you get when you divide a circle's circumference by its diameter.

Extending the known sequence of digits in pi is very difficult because the number follows no set pattern.

Pi is used in engineering, physics, supercomputing and space exploration - because its value can be used in calculations for waves, external, circles and cylinders.

The pursuit of longer versions of pi is a long-standing pastime among mathematicians. And Ms Iwao said she had been fascinated by the number since she had been a child.

The calculation required 170TB of data (for comparison, 200,000 music tracks take up 1TB) and took 25 virtual machines 121 days to complete.

Yes but she failed the exam as she didn't show her working.
  • Options
    Enut said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

The best football pie?

Yes but she failed the exam as she didn't show her working.
    That reminds me of something I was taught at school. Simply because I went to a School that taught you how to pass exams ;)

Show your working. You don't need it when you get it right. But you do if you get it wrong. Why run that risk? You did that working out in your head anyway.