You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How many entries will Saturday's new PLO MTT get? Guess nearest, & win a free entry.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616

There were also 5 rebuys/re-entries, but those don't count, e were after "Unique Entries".

So our winner is.....

@eon1961 35 (3rd)

@eon1961 - who I suspect was the oldest entry - wins Free Entry into EITHER next Thursdays' £400 g'tee PLO8 or next Saturday's £400 g'tee PLO.

Well done mate.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    well done eon

it was a shame it didn't make the numbers but it was a good enjoyable game so hoping does better next week .
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    Cheers to all who gave the PLO a spin, I was a little surprised and slightly disappointed that it didn't make the guarantee when the site was generally busy last night. With the PLO8 there were 22 players who also played the £5 one which was running at the same time. Maybe the problem with the PLO was that there isn't that obvious base of people who can just add another tournament. I notice there were busy £30 and £50 events that overlapped the PLO. Maybe it might work better as a £20 buy-in. Are there people who played for £10 last night who wouldn't play for £20? Anyone reading this that played the bigger events last night but thought a tenner was too small?
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    It was a pity it didn't get the numbers. However, it was nice to play something different fora change.

I think the buy-in is ok at £10 and probably wouldn't play if it was £20 although others might think differently.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    I would prefer the PLO8 but not available Thursdays so the PLO would be great ty.
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

I would prefer the PLO8 but not available Thursdays so the PLO would be great ty.

@eon1961

OK mate, next Saturday's £400 guaranteed PLO BOOKED.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    I'd much prefer PLO8, as playing PLO and PLO8 together results in me making dumb moves in PLO. I thought PLO8 was more popular on Sky in the past, so that may explain the low numbers rather than the buyin.

I can't play Thursdays. I prefer 20 to 10 but might struggle to retain enthusiasm if it remains as PLO.
  • Options
    Doooobs said:

I'd much prefer PLO8, as playing PLO and PLO8 together results in me making dumb moves in PLO. I thought PLO8 was more popular on Sky in the past, so that may explain the low numbers rather than the buyin.

I can't play Thursdays. I prefer 20 to 10 but might struggle to retain enthusiasm if it remains as PLO.

@Doooobs

Now you mention it, I'd be inclined to agree. On Sky Poker, PLO8 MTT's are definitely more popular than PLO. Perhaps because while some efforts have been made to promote PLO8 here, very little effort has been made on PLO.

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Well done @eon1961 i knew i should not have been so confident, i think Mr Channings comments threw me.

There is a reason why the £5.50 buy in is £200 guaranteed in PLO8 and only £75 in PLO.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    Don't forget this one is on again tonight at 8.18pm