You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills

2»

Comments

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    tomgoodun said:

legascaac said:

oh you have a choice run like a coward or fight for your family your friends (IF YOU HAVE ANY) your neighbours or show your true colours run and leave them . you wouldn't put up much off a fight . you'd leg it . Or lick and kiss **** . As for Charles he's not god just the monarch off the country i live in . If it happens you can assure no one will help you or yours . after your comments on here why should they no everything is me me me .. grow some b a l l s . stand up and be counted .

Interesting view.
    I guess if everyone had the same ideals Mankind would be wiped off the face of the earth.

Alternative view - say nah, I’m not killing anyone, now if everyone took that viewpoint we would be just fine.

Edwin Starr had the right idea.
    I agree with the song absolutely @tomgoodun, the trouble is not everyone else does.

Those who start wars are rarely on the front line, certainly not in modern warfare, it's the patriotic or the conscripted that have that 'honour'.

But remember if everyone in the UK had taken the 'I'm not killing anyone' viewpoint, we'd all be speaking German now.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Enut said:

tomgoodun said:

legascaac said:

oh you have a choice run like a coward or fight for your family your friends (IF YOU HAVE ANY) your neighbours or show your true colours run and leave them . you wouldn't put up much off a fight . you'd leg it . Or lick and kiss **** . As for Charles he's not god just the monarch off the country i live in . If it happens you can assure no one will help you or yours . after your comments on here why should they no everything is me me me .. grow some b a l l s . stand up and be counted .

Interesting view.
    I guess if everyone had the same ideals Mankind would be wiped off the face of the earth.

Alternative view - say nah, I’m not killing anyone, now if everyone took that viewpoint we would be just fine.

Edwin Starr had the right idea.
    I agree with the song absolutely @tomgoodun, the trouble is not everyone else does.

Those who start wars are rarely on the front line, certainly not in modern warfare, it's the patriotic or the conscripted that have that 'honour'.

But remember if everyone in the UK had taken the 'I'm not killing anyone' viewpoint, we'd all be speaking German now.
    Hi Paul.

You seem to have overlooked the word ‘ everyone’ , eg the ****.
  • Options
    Ha, forgot the filter ^

The other sides in every war.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    I understand that Tom, however history has shown that the chances of everyone in the world not wanting to kill anyone is zero, sadly.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    I detest War. I detest the power-crazed loons who insist other people die in Wars they call. But I have admiration for the Soldiers at the Front Line.

2 quick stories to lighten the mood.

1. Many years ago, I was young and foolish (as opposed to old and foolish). And, for a bet, I once went into an Army Pub the day before that Regiment was due to do a tour of Afghanistan. And sang "War" in their karaoke. And, to the Soldiers' eternal credit, they sang along. Before asking me to leave at the end of the song-which was fair enough

2. Quick joke my Dad used to tell during World War 2 and after. Soldier gets trench fever during the War. Can't help himself-threw his gun down and fled the battlefield. And ran.

Hears a voice-"Where do you think you're going, you 'orrible little man"
    "Sorry, Sergeant Major, I panicked..."
    "It's not Sergeant Major. It's Colonel."
    "Blimey, I didn't know I'd run that far...."
  • Options
    Enut said:

I understand that Tom, however history has shown that the chances of everyone in the world not wanting to kill anyone is zero, sadly.

Agreed.

My post was ‘ in an ideal world’ which sadly we are not, and never likely to be, especially as it seems once someone starts a conflict it gives rise to the thought process of “ It’s me or them” which only ends in one way, lots of death.

Once the lions have killed all the other animals, what then?
  • Options
    Here’s a question.

Get two people in different rooms.

Say to each of them “ That person is stealing part of your garden, there’s a gun in the cabinet, would you like to use it on them?”

I would suggest the answer would be “ Are you out of your ####ing mind? “

Now get two family’s , same scenario
    I’m guessing same answer.

Two streets?

Two Towns?

How far do we go before the answer is “ Give me the gun”

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    tomgoodun said:

Here’s a question.

Get two people in different rooms.

Say to each of them “ That person is stealing part of your garden, there’s a gun in the cabinet, would you like to use it on them?”

I would suggest the answer would be “ Are you out of your ####ing mind? “

Now get two family’s , same scenario
    I’m guessing same answer.

Two streets?

Two Towns?

How far do we go before the answer is “ Give me the gun”

Here's how far we go.

1. The garden needs to belong to neither of them, although there are crops/minerals worth having/stealing
    2. You need to be able to force someone else to use the gun (Spike Milligan always suggested no War should be called unless and until the 2 Leaders agreed to fight each other until 1 died)
    3. The potential Reward needs to be greater than the potential Risk-which, sadly, is all too often true

PS. Everyone seems to accuse Putin of being a threat to World Peace. Whereas, IMO, the bigger risk comes when he is no longer leader. Because, to us outsiders (as opposed to direct opponents) a weak, insecure Dictator fighting off a lot of genuine rivals, is rather more dangerous
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,599
    edited February 17
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,423