You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's happening at SPT Brighton

Comments

• Options
    karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 910
    2.14 am
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
    11:37 finish
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    04:03
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    01:27
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,293

A belated good afternoon to you all, I've recharged my batteries with a bit of a power nap & am all set for what I assume will be a marathon session.

Hopefully we can get a bit of back & forth going, these Updates are hard work when there is no bounce.

I've arrived during the first break (breaks are every 3 levels, which is 2 hours), & it seems there is some rather good news for me, if not for others....
  • Options

The big clue is bottom left.....

• Options
    edited March 3
    So in just 2 hours over a third of the field have departed, they've already gone from 90 to 56.

Great news, unless of course you were one of the 34...
  • Options

OK, I've just got a bunch of 'photos, & they'll be up shortly.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Looking forward to the updates and photos, thanks
  • Options

In sad news, a quick peruse of the remaining tables failed to locate @tomgoodun. He was definitely still in last night, but it looks like we've lost him today.

Bit annoying really, but we shared tables & even sat next to each other for a while yesterday, which was really pleasing.
  • Options

Firstly, you may recall we had a little Twitter action after Day one from "darrenmpoker", well he's Twittered again...

The problem is, I don't know him from Adam, so if he, or someone who knows him, reads this, let me know please & I'll go get a photo.
  • Options

We also had this from Alan Cole...

He was 2nd in chips going in to today, so same applies, if anyone can point me to him I'll get a photo & maybe be nice to him.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

@waller02

Ahh, I have a viewer, wonderful. How's life treating you, Ryan?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

@waller02

Ahh, I have a viewer, wonderful. How's life treating you, Ryan?
    All good thanks, hope all is well your end.

Shame about @tomgoodun busting, one of the good guys. Gl to all remaining Sky guys.
  • Options

Bit of a surprise reveal now. The chip leader going into today was this man...

Michael Nichols 389,500

Any of you who read the Daily Results Thread should be familiar with him, & with his permission, I can reveal his Sky Poker alias is @loololollo

He's seriously gifted at the poker. Not much action so far today, think he's won a few chips but nothing significant. Yet.

That's him in the middle, sorry for the poor 'photos, but you'll have to get used to that.

And here's his stack as of a few minutes ago. (Looks like about 420,000).

• Options

Ahh yes, chip denoms/colours, so you can better work out how much they've got.

White = 1,000

Blue = 5,000

Salmon (?) 25,000

• Options

The ridiculously young & dashingly handsome young man in the middle is @morris707, aka Ben Morris. Smashing lad.

• Options

Some good news, with 44 paid, we are very close to the bubble already...

• Options

So, 4 off the money & the stalling & tanking is well under way.

Once we get to 44 & the bubble bursts though, we'll lose a bunch of players very quickly.

Maybe it won't be such a late finish after all.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    @NChanning is still in, going along steadily.

The dark-haired gentleman in the foreground is Ronnie de Beauloix, (pronounced boll- well, you get the drift). Last time I saw him he was grey-haired, looks like he been on the hair dye. If I ever got round to writing a book, he'd get a chapter. Used to live on Lingfield Racecourse back in the day, changed his name to De Beauloix by Deed Poll I believe.

I went to Moscow with him & Ed Giddens & we all got arrested at the Airport on the way home with around $100,000 between us. We'd won the money fair & square in a Team Event, but then things got messy. And the story got even more amazing 3 weeks later in dreadfully tragic circumstances. Amazing story, & the bottom line was I got stiffed for around $40,000 & someone died. True story bro.