You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's happening at SPT Brighton

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    edited March 3

Pretty sure the Lady on the other table (over Lollo's shoulder) is Deborah Worley-Roberts

She looks POSH and has some lovely DIAMOND Rings on her fingers ........ but she swears 'Like a Trooper' :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,191

Well that never took long did it?

• Options

Minimum payout? £545.

Next pay-jump will be with 36 left, when it goes to £585.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    GL guys sad to be at home today, didn’t get a chance to say hello on Friday Tikay between the sitting and the drinking but when I saw you you were looking well.
  • Options

This is Charalampos Lappas

Back in 2012 we shared tables in a $1,500 PLO8 WSOP Event in Vegas, he has amazing gamble. I made a horrific mistake with 12 left - 12 years later I still wince at the thought - & I busted, whilst he went on to finish 5th.

He has several claims to fame, one of which is that he is Sam Razavi's cousin, though I should add it's seems like Sam has around 50 cousins. Quite the family. Great table company.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    Get that book written Tikay
    Hope everybody has enjoyed themselves
  • Options
    bbMike said:

GL guys sad to be at home today, didn’t get a chance to say hello on Friday Tikay between the sitting and the drinking but when I saw you you were looking well.

@bbMike

Thanks Mike, sorry I missed you on Friday, & thanks for the kind words. I'm feeling surprisingly good actually. Probably a bad sign...
  • Options

The vagaries of table redraws means these three are all in a line, very much "blue on blue on blue"...

You know Mr Channing of course.

To HIS right (our left) is @loololollo

And to HIS right (nearest us) is Simon, aka Tal.

Simon is one of my lifetime bessies & an amazing guy. Had a chess rating of over 2,000 at his peak, has appeared on the proper tough quiz shows like Only Connect, is an NFL expert, 'Spurs Fan & God knows what else. An extraordinary man with a ridic IQ & really lovely guy. A big pal of Mr Channing's too.

• Options
    stokefc said:

Get that book written Tikay
    Hope everybody has enjoyed themselves

oioi, good to hear from you Stokey.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Tikay10 said:

The ridiculously young & dashingly handsome young man in the middle is @morris707, aka Ben Morris. Smashing lad.

Am I the only one who thinks the guy in green is a reincarnation of George Michael?
  • Options
  • Options

In fact, in the time it took me to take & upload that photo, it's gone down to 39 players remaining.

1st prize? £18,890.

Very nice.
  • Options

Mr Channing moves all-in & gets FOUR callers. However, perhaps a factor is that blinds are 5,000-10,000 with a BB Ante of 10,000, & he only had 29,000.

He had the Q-9 of spades & did actually make his flush, but one of the quartet of callers had the beautiful As-Ks, so that was that.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    Incidentally, by way of a little PR, here's what the Bounty Prizes were - quite a bit of interesting info on there.

Cheap at half the price? The promised info is not on the Promo Page yet, but it's true, the satellites are genuinely discounted to half price this year. No snags, no caveats, no sneaky wordage. Half price.

• Options
    kdaddykdaddy Member Posts: 5
    edited March 3
    There are still 4(5?) brighton locals in who I've never seen play anything bigger than a £4 pub tournament live. Amazing turnout. Simon Dean even came into day2 5th in chips. We had to bully him into entering by taking like 50% of his action, he wasn't going to play otherwise
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    MISTY4ME said:

Pretty sure the Lady on the other table (over Lollo's shoulder) is Deborah Worley-Roberts

She looks POSH and has some lovely DIAMOND Rings on her fingers ........ but she swears 'Like a Trooper' :D

@MISTY4ME think that is Summer, not Debbie
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

@MISTY4ME

Sadly, definitely NOT Deborah Worley-Roberts, she must have bust early today.

I know she's not here as I can't hear her.

EDIT - Ahh, bless you @aynaricol, beat me to it as usual. Thanks.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    @loololollo is obv a great player but also a very nice chap, and one of the only people I know who could get away with that haircut :D
  • Options

While on the subject, here's three Deborah Worley-Roberts facts for you.

3) She won an SPT Brighton just before COVID descended on us all. Very good player indeed.

2) She came 2nd of 718 in the 2017 WSOP Ladies event, effectively the Ladies Main Event, & won $83,459.

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=429250

She also has a very impressive CV....

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=156615

1) Finally, & best of all, she is stunningly LOUD. Not "loud" dress sense, or Girls Aloud Girl Band, I mean loud, as in LOUD LOUD

HUGE fun to have around, & a very American lady if I'm not mistaken despite her THM suggesting she's English.

• Options
    kdaddy said:

There are still 4(5?) brighton locals in who I've never seen play anything bigger than a £4 pub tournament live. Amazing turnout. Simon Dean even came into day2 5th in chips. We had to bully him into entering by taking like 50% of his action, he wasn't going to play otherwise

Ahh, welcome to the Forum at last @kdaddy

If I knew who or where Simon was, I'd go find him & give you an update.

I'll do my best to find him for you.