You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Stream/Sky Glass-The Future Of TV.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
    Tikay10 said:

"I will admit that ordering 3 TVs, 1 soundbar, and 2 cabinets, that were either cancelled or returned, doesnt look good."

One concurs.

I was looking at Disney+ earlier.
    I thought this looks sh1t, but that was before I realised that they had restricted me to nothing rated over 14.
    I obviously rectified this, and found the new Justified series, and The Banshees of Inisherin, that will do for a minute.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    TV fans can get Disney+ for £1.99 a month with limited-time deal

With the new deal, TV lovers can sign up to Disney+ Standard with Ads plan to lock in the £1.99 a month price for three months. But you will have to act fast to snap up this offer before it ends on Thursday, March 14.

The £1.99 deal is available for new and returning customers, letting them stream the hottest new films and shows in up to full HD 1080p. After the three-month promotional period, Disney+ Standard with Ads auto-renews at the then-current monthly retail price – currently £4.99 a month – but at this point members are free to cancel.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/tv-fans-can-get-disney-for-1-99-a-month-with-limited-time-deal/ar-BB1j5w48?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=b41866fbc8894a31b374466eab4f3fdb&ei=57
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    @HAYSIE you live such an exciting existence?.....I'm waiting for the sequel when you replace the kitchen 'under cupboard' telly! 💩
  • Options
    madprof said:

@HAYSIE you live such an exciting existence?.....I'm waiting for the sequel when you replace the kitchen 'under cupboard' telly! 💩

I have had a hectic week so far.
  • Options
    Sky are so slippery.
    When I phoned them on 25th January, they claimed my prices had increased due to the fact that I was out of contract.
    I did a new 18 month contract.
    The cost was £46 per month.
    It was too late to effect the February bill.
    I therefore got my first £46 bill in March.
    My bill for April is £53.
    So the price I thought I had agreed for 18 months lasted for one.

I am not really moaning about paying an extra £7 per month.
    There is no choice, I am going to have to pay it.
    £7 is not the end of the world.
    I just dont like the way they do business.
    I am sure that there was a time when a contract meant something.
    I cant believe that they werent aware of the April price increases at the end of January.
    Yet they werent mentioned.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    They are not mentioning them for a good reason.

They are 1 of those special companies that have managed to write in a "CPI + 3.9%" annual rise clause. Lots of them about. Led by BT.

I have no idea how even this spineless Government managed to allow these contracts to spring up. With not just an inflation clause-one with built-in extra profits. For absolutely no reason whatsoever. Other than greed.

But they are going to be banned soon. Probably not retrospectively, regrettably.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

They are 1 of those special companies that have managed to write in a "CPI + 3.9%" annual rise clause. Lots of them about. Led by BT.

I have no idea how even this spineless Government managed to allow these contracts to spring up. With not just an inflation clause-one with built-in extra profits. For absolutely no reason whatsoever. Other than greed.

But they are going to be banned soon. Probably not retrospectively, regrettably.

I just think they should be more inclined to be doing business honestly.
    If they had quoted me £53 in January, I would have still signed the contact, been much happier today, and not feel like I had been misled.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

If they had quoted me £53 in January, I would have still signed the contact, been much happier today, and not feel like I had been misled.
    Agreed.

Trouble is-pretty much the entire sector appears to be operating this way.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

BT havent increased my April broadband bill.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

Misty cancelled his.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

HAYSIE said:

TV fans can get Disney+ for £1.99 a month with limited-time deal

With the new deal, TV lovers can sign up to Disney+ Standard with Ads plan to lock in the £1.99 a month price for three months. But you will have to act fast to snap up this offer before it ends on Thursday, March 14.

The £1.99 deal is available for new and returning customers, letting them stream the hottest new films and shows in up to full HD 1080p. After the three-month promotional period, Disney+ Standard with Ads auto-renews at the then-current monthly retail price – currently £4.99 a month – but at this point members are free to cancel.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/tv-fans-can-get-disney-for-1-99-a-month-with-limited-time-deal/ar-BB1j5w48?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=b41866fbc8894a31b374466eab4f3fdb&ei=57

If I didnt already have 6 months free with my telly, I would definitely take this up.
    There is plenty of stuff on there that warrants spending £6 for 3 months.
    The offer runs out next week.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

You would probably like The Old Man.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 8
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

Eeeugh ! :s

......... are you selling your Services on here now ? :p:D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

Its on Disney+.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

Its on Disney+.
    Anyway I am not old, you are probably thinking about @Tikay10, he is old.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Agreed.

I looked back at the previous page on this thread, and noted that the deal I did was for £50 per month.
    So its only really gone up £3.
    I should apologise to Sky for my comments.
    I wont though.
    They are still slippery.
  • Options
    edited March 12