You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Documentaries-The Real Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Great stuff, thanks.

Boris got rumbled, Dolly Dewdrop (Truss) got rumbled, hopefully Trump gets rumbled before it's too late too.

Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Channel4 trailer for The Push: Murder on the Cliff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661has54ULQ

Another evil man.
  • Options
    edited March 7

Catching a Killer: The Murder of Emma Caldwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAVh5hsf9Q

This is a must watch, as it is absolutely incredible.
  • Options
    edited March 8
  • Options
    edited March 8
    "Bold">Channel4 trailer for The Push: Murder on the Cliff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661has54ULQ

Another evil man.

Top of the Sky top ten today.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

I watched Ep 1 of "the Rise & Fall of Boris Johnson" last night.

Very good indeed, & unusually well-balanced. Usually we get a hatchet job or a love-in, but this all seemed very fair.

How Boris got elected is one of life's great mysteries. He's a celebrity, not a politician.

One well-placed Tory described him as "the greatest political liar of all-time", which seems fair.

How he got away with his brazen relationship with Jennifer Arcuri is another of life's great mysteries, & don't forget, he "gave her" Government money.

I don't know how many Episodes there are but I'll be watching Ep 2 tonight, for sure.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Very good indeed, & unusually well-balanced. Usually we get a hatchet job or a love-in, but this all seemed very fair.

How Boris got elected is one of life's great mysteries. He's a celebrity, not a politician.

One well-placed Tory described him as "the greatest political liar of all-time", which seems fair.

How he got away with his brazen relationship with Jennifer Arcuri is another of life's great mysteries, & don't forget, he "gave her" Government money.

I don't know how many Episodes there are but I'll be watching Ep 2 tonight, for sure.

I havent watched any of them yet.
    There are 4 episodes, all of which are available now.
    If you scroll right from the "recordings" tab, you will arrive at the "available now" tab, you can download all the episodes from this tab.
    Alternatively you could just log into the CH4 app.
  • Options

@HAYSIE

Thanks Tony.

Yeah, I'm aware that the other Episodes are already available, as at the end of Ep 1 that "Next Episode starts in 20 seconds" thing came up. I was just too tired to watch it.

Last night was a typical evening's viewing for me, Football 8pm to 10pm (West Ham in Europa League), Golf (Arnold Palmer Invitational) 10pm to midnight, then a documentary or box set stuff until around 2am.

I need to watch that new "The Gentleman" thing too, think that was released yesterday.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

I havent watched any of them yet.
    There are 4 episodes, all of which are available now.
    If you scroll right from the "recordings" tab, you will arrive at the "available now" tab, you can download all the episodes from this tab.
    Alternatively you could just log into the CH4 app.
    The available now tab is quite handy.
    Where you find something you wish to watch part the way through the series.
    Or where you find something at the start of series 2, and you have missed the first series.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Thanks Tony.

Yeah, I'm aware that the other Episodes are already available, as at the end of Ep 1 that "Next Episode starts in 20 seconds" thing came up. I was just too tired to watch it.

Last night was a typical evening's viewing for me, Football 8pm to 10pm (West Ham in Europa League), Golf (Arnold Palmer Invitational) 10pm to midnight, then a documentary or box set stuff until around 2am.

I need to watch that new "The Gentleman" thing too, think that was released yesterday.

It was.
    I havent started watching that yet either.
  • Options

I watched two more Episodes of the Boris Johnson thing last night.

So, so good. Very highly recommended.

This is right up there with the BBC's State of Chaos which was anchored by Lura Kuenssberg, & that's a very high bar.

It's a surprise to me that political documentaries make such good TV, but I suppose that's partly because we really have had some spectacularly bad politicians in the last few decades, with wardrobes stuffed full of skeletons.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

This is right up there with the BBC's State of Chaos which was anchored by Lura Kuenssberg, & that's a very high bar.

It's a surprise to me that political documentaries make such good TV, but I suppose that's partly because we really have had some spectacularly bad politicians in the last few decades, with wardrobes stuffed full of skeletons.

I havent started yet.
    I will watch them all together, one day next week.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Watch the Blackberry trailer on the other thread.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I just did & will definitely watch it.

Some years ago i read a book about the spectacular rise & fall of Blackberry, "Losing the Signal".

Well worth reading, was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I just did & will definitely watch it.

Some years ago i read a book about the spectacular rise & fall of Blackberry, "Losing the Signal".

Well worth reading, was thoroughly enjoyable.

I came across this when looking for the trailer.

Blackberry | Jacquie McNish Reveals Inside Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNZ8X1h2hIc
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

• Options
    Dead in the Water 3-episode Amazon Prime Documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1t-6L8r78
  • Options
    BBC Panorama 8.30 tonight. @TheEdge949

Buyers mis-sold holiday caravans as full-time homes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68484190
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

BBC Panorama 8.30 tonight. @TheEdge949

Buyers mis-sold holiday caravans as full-time homes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68484190

Unfortunately there will be be more people in the sh1t following the programme, than there were before.