You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

5 years ago today - one of the greatest mysteries ever.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

5 years ago today, flight MH370 disappeared.

Apart from a few bits of debris, no trace of it has ever been found, & nobody has a clue where it may have crashed, or why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Malaysian Airlines did very well to avoid going bust after this and the shooting down of their aircraft a few months later.

Most airlines will go decades/forever without one incident of that nature, yet they suffered 2 in the space of 5 months. Really thought it would be curtains for them but they are still going by hook or by crook (or more likely, investment)
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,043
    MH370: Murder of man investigating missing plane sparks conspiracy theories
    US lawyer still working on case says Zahid Raza ‘appears to have been specifically targeted’

The murder of a man who spent years searching for the debris from missing plane MH370 has fuelled conspiracy theories surrounding the plane's disappearance in 2014.
    Zahid Raza, Honorary Consul of Malaysia, was shot dead in Antananarivo, the capital of Madagascar, last week. Authorities are still trying to identify a motive.

His death has prompted speculation by French news website ZINFOS 974 that he was involved in a kidnap conspiracy in 2009, while others have expressed concern about possible links between his death and his work to piece together the puzzle of the doomed Malaysian Airlines flight.

US lawyer Blaine Gibson, an amateur investigator who is retrieving washed up debris from the Malaysian Airlines plane, said his friend Raza had been due to deliver new items to Malaysian investigators when he was killed.

Mr Gibson said he had received death threats about his attempts to retrieve debris, but he told Malay Mail that irresponsible speculation could harm the investigation of the missing plane and that of Raza’s death.
    “Let the authorities investigate the tragic death of Zahid Raza, who appeared to have been specifically targeted,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/murder-man-zahid-raza-mh370-conspiracy-theories-missing-plane-blaine-gibson-madagascar-malaysia-a7930891.html
  • Options

An amazing story, but very sad that, as with every major news event, the conspiracy theorists have got involved & are peddling their lies.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    look up who was on the plane and things may come to light , you never know
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    HAYSIE said:
    NOT a Boeing 777. Configuration is wrong, looks more like an MD10. However this was covered on an earlier thread. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    Not the best advertising slogan at the time...

• Options

^^^^

@lucy4

Oh my......
  • Options
    Happy to correct myself apparently it was a fake/mock up post. Just proves you've gotta double check everything before posting things.

• Options
    With the advance of AI it's only gonna get harder to distinguish between real and fake (unless it contains a Winnie).
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    So that's why we haven't seen Princess Kate for a while, she's been earning some pin money by subbing to Malaysia Airlines PR department! :D
  • Options
    Enut said:

So that's why we haven't seen Princess Kate for a while, she's been earning some pin money by subbing to Malaysia Airlines PR department! :D

@Enut

Ha. The conspiracy theorists have really made complete fools of themselves with all this Catherine nonsense. Did you ever read such utter piffle?

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

Ha. The conspiracy theorists have really made complete fools of themselves with all this Catherine nonsense. Did you ever read such utter piffle?

It all got me thinking, if we lost the internet, computers and smart phones would it be such a bad thing? We would start going out more (it's lovely out there this morning, birds singing, daffodils etc etc), we would talk to each other (actually face to face!) more, we would be kinder to each other (no keyboard warriors, abusive people tend to stop when someone punches them on the nose), conspiracy theorists wouldn't be inundated with s**t they chose to believe and half the UK's population of under 25s wouldn't think they can all make a fortune by being an 'influencer' and maybe people would actually live a real life.

Just a pipe dream as I now have a full day of sitting at the computer researching stuff and writing reports, ho hum.
  • Options
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

It all got me thinking, if we lost the internet, computers and smart phones would it be such a bad thing? We would start going out more (it's lovely out there this morning, birds singing, daffodils etc etc), we would talk to each other (actually face to face!) more, we would be kinder to each other (no keyboard warriors, abusive people tend to stop when someone punches them on the nose), conspiracy theorists wouldn't be inundated with s**t they chose to believe and half the UK's population of under 25s wouldn't think they can all make a fortune by being an 'influencer' and maybe people would actually live a real life.

Just a pipe dream as I now have a full day of sitting at the computer researching stuff and writing reports, ho hum.

@Enut

Ha, very good. To be fair, the internet is a thing of wonder, it's just that many of us use it improperly, or for improper purposes.

Have to agree as to "influencer", I can barely believe there's such a thing, but there is.

On a slight tangent here, but I chanced across this on Twitter a few days ago. It's absolutely hypnotic to watch. And, as it happens, a GREAT way of selling stuff, much better & more efficient than all the usual spiel. When we see something we like, we make our minds up sub-consciously within seconds, we don't need or want 3 minutes of hard-sell. That girl is making an absolute fortune.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

@Enut

Ha, very good. To be fair, the internet is a thing of wonder, it's just that many of us use it improperly, or for improper purposes.

Have to agree as to "influencer", I can barely believe there's such a thing, but there is.

On a slight tangent here, but I chanced across this on Twitter a few days ago. It's absolutely hypnotic to watch. And, as it happens, a GREAT way of selling stuff, much better & more efficient than all the usual spiel. When we see something we like, we make our minds up sub-consciously within seconds, we don't need or want 3 minutes of hard-sell. That girl is making an absolute fortune.

Good point, I do need some coat hangers.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

TiKay would be out of a job tho' :/:'(
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Nobody is banning " Baby Sitting " it's a job for life.