You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

End This Bl oody Disgrace.

2»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,163
    Tikay10 said:

I pretty much agree with all of that EXCEPT.....

"I dont think that it is fair, when someone exceeds the limit by £3, which is probably not their fault",

It is definitely their fault/responsibility. We all have to take responsibility for our actions in life.

Best regards,

Suella.

Back in the real world, Suella.
    Lets say you are a carer.
    You go to Tesco for a job.
    The job pays £10 per hour.
    You are allowed to earn say £150 per week.
    So you agree to work 15 hours per week, and no more.

So you explain to me how you would purposely earn an extra £3?

Lets say you work on a checkout.
    You are due to clock out.
    You have 3 in the queue.
    Your supervisor says, can you please deal with these three, and I will close your till.
    You should say f off, I have to clock out.
    But you dont, you say ok.
    This means you clock out a quarter of an hour late, earn an extra £3, and screw up your benefit.

I dont believe that people in this position actually take on a job where their earnings exceed the limit they are able to earn in order to claim the benefit.
    That would mean that they are completely stupid, and would actually working at least half the time for nothing.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

"I dont think that it is fair, when someone exceeds the limit by £3, which is probably not their fault",

It is definitely their fault/responsibility. We all have to take responsibility for our actions in life.

Best regards,

Suella.

Back in the real world, Suella.
    Lets say you are a carer.
    You go to Tesco for a job.
    The job pays £10 per hour.
    You are allowed to earn say £150 per week.
    So you agree to work 15 hours per week, and no more.

So you explain to me how you would purposely earn an extra £3?

Lets say you work on a checkout.
    You are due to clock out.
    You have 3 in the queue.
    Your supervisor says, can you please deal with these three, and I will close your till.
    You should say f off, I have to clock out.
    But you dont, you say ok.
    This means you clock out a quarter of an hour late, earn an extra £3, and screw up your benefit.

I dont believe that people in this position actually take on a job where their earnings exceed the limit they are able to earn in order to claim the benefit.
    That would mean that they are completely stupid, and would actually working at least half the time for nothing.
    You should have been in Brussels, at that conference with Mr Farage.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,612
    Its just the same old stuff over and over again and the punlic fool for it.

Time and time again they focus on going after people at the bottom who are struggling and to make their live miserable and put them under massive pressure for amounts they cant possibly afford. They spy on people on benefits constant we will just crack down more they go after angela Reyner for something over 8 years ago which is petty change yet take millions for themselves and let their rich friends off for the tune of billions.

and come election day people vote for them in their masses make no mistake next parliment the tories will be openly discussing concentration camps though they may not go with that name.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    Agree that there has to be a line, but there shouldn't be a cliff edge on this kind of thing.

Childcare support is also stupid. Earn £1 over the limit and potentially repay or lose £10k.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Best regards,

Suella.

Tikay10 said:

Best regards,

Suella.

• Options
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    I claim Carers Allowance as I provide care for my wife.

I have in the past been offered employment which I would have liked to take.

However the hours were "flexible" which meant that I had to decline the offers as not having a fixed weekly / monthly income is a recipe for disaster.

Carers Allowance is a stand alone benefit, but also many others are linked, which can cause great distress when something goes wrong.

For instance every year my MPS pension goes up by about £2 per month, failing to inform them (DWP) leads to suspension of Income Support. Suspension of Income Support leads to suspension of Housing Benefit, free prescriptions, Council Tax relief and a £100 social fine on top of any calculated repayments.

These suspensions are immediate. Once sorted however, the reinstatement process can take 6 weeks during which time pressure mounts to pay the bills, cover the rent and stock the larder. Hello foodbanks, loan sharks and often social services / child welfare.

The real irony is that they are informed by the MPS and given the exact amount. They know before I do what the figure is and yet I still have to contact them.