You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Orfordable League- A fun tourney, with added prizes to be won

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,047
edited June 1 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2024 Orfordable League, May Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on June 7th 2024

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:May 3rd- Winner: goldnballz: League Leader- goldnballz

Week 2: May 10th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: goldnballz

Week 3: May 17th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: goldnballz

Week 4: May 24th- Winner: unreggerd player; League leader: goldnballz

Week 5: May 31st- Winner: unregged player; League Winner: goldnballz; Runner-up: MAXALLY

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 7th 2024
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 7th 2024

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 7th 2024

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, welcome to the May edition of our great tourney. This is a five Friday month, meaning more chances to post a winning score, or should I say, a possible winning score?
    Congratulations go to last months' prizewinners, @Boxster & @stokefc, who will both be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH, I wish both the very best of luck in turning their prize into cash.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, and Happy Star Wars day to you all. We had 36 players last night, 18 of whom are Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made the FT.
    Finishing in 7th place last night, his fourth FT in the last five weeks, was last week's winner @stokefc, who now sits in 5th place overall, well played Sean.
    A second FT in three weeks saw @MAXALLY finish in 5th place last night, which places him in 4th place overall, well played Alan.
    Also with a second FT in three weeks, @daggers747 took 3rd place last night, which, quite handily, leaves him in 3rd place overall, well played daggers.
    Making his first FT since January Week 2 where he finished in 2nd place, @danbrad029 repeated the feat and took 2nd place last night, which leaves him on 2nd overall, well played danbrad.
    Making his first FT since April Week 2, @goldnballz went four places better in taking the win last night, leaving him sitting nicely at the top of the league, congratulations and very well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see everyone again next week.
    Here is the League table after May Week 1

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well. This is Week 2 (of 5) for May, so tons of time left this month to get two good scores, giving everyone a chance to claim a prize for themselves. With the scores at the top of the League being so close, it should make for an interesting race to the prizes this month.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, hope everyone is enjoying the Sun (whilst it lasts anyway). It is status quo after Week 2, where we had 30 players lining up, 18 of whom are Orfy regged and, of those, 6 made the FT.
    For someone who stated last night that he hated this tourney, @TheEdge949 did rather well by being our best placed player last night, taking 2nd place. his first FT since September 2022, it has been a long time coming, very well played Mark.
    After an inauspicious start to the month @THECHIMP got things back to some sort of normality with a 6th place finish last night, to leave him in 10th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Sitting one place higher in 9th overall, @giesahaun took thre FT wooden spoon after finishing in 10th place last night, well played giesahaun.
    Another making his first FT of the month @THEHERDEIE took 5th place to leave him in 7th overall, weell played Mr Herdeie.
    Also maing his first FT of the month @diamondlee took 3rd place last night, which moves him upto, coincidentally, 3rd place overall, well played Lee.
    As stated previously, it remains the same at the top with our 2nd placed player @danbrad029 staying in 2nd place, after he bubbled the FT in 11th place last night.
    The only player to make it two from two FTs this month @goldnballz finished in 4th place last night to strengthen and retain his overall League lead, well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after May Week 2

• Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    If I've not just stumbled upon a very old thread, please count me in. Didn't realise this tournament still ran, or perhaps my tournament settings need amending.
  • Options
    Hi @Brrrrrrr, no you haven't stumbled on an old post lol. I have added you to the list so welcome to the Orfy, glad to have you on board. You will be able to see your position & score when I post on a Saturday morning. Good luck, see you at the tables.

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, this is Week 3 (of 5), the midpoint of this month. At the moment @goldnballz has a healthy 8 point lead at the top of the League but, with three weeks remaining, it is possible that he could be overhauled, however unlikely. That remains to be seen so I wish everyone the very best of luck for tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    What am I missing?

• Options
    Surely these settings should show all tournaments but Orfordable isn't listed?

Could it be because I play on a tablet? WEIRD if it is as I can play on those size tables on other sites.
  • Options
    @Brrrrrrr, sadly, it is because you are on a tablet that the Orfy is not showing. It is only available on a PC or laptop. Sorry about that
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 has changed the look of the League table with a couple of the Stoke lads on the march, albeit not at the very top (yet). We had 34 players last night, 20 being Orfy regged, and of those, 6 made the FT.
    A first FT of the month went to @ray01, who finished in 9th place last night and sits in 11th place overall, well played Ray.
    Also with his first FT of the month, @Toffeeandy took 3rd place to leave him in 8th overall, well played Andy.
    Another making his first FT of the month @wynne1938 took 6th place last night, but that has seen him drop three places into 7th overall, well played Wynne.
    Making his second FT of the month @THEHERDEIE finished in 8th place, to move him up the League by two places into 5th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    As stated previously, the Stoke lads are on the march with @stokefc making his second FT of the month, finishing in 4th place, now sitting in 3rd place overall, well played Sean.
    On to another Stokie as @MAXALLY also made a second FT of the month finishing as our highest placed Orfy reg in 2nd place last night, also he is now 2nd overall on a score of 7, well played Alan.
    Our League leader @goldnballz, with his score of 5, remains at the top of the League even though, by his standards, he had a poor Orfy last night, gg Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week. Here is the updated League table after May Week 3

• Options
    Players online

Game Type
    SidV79 said:

@Brrrrrrr, sadly, it is because you are on a tablet that the Orfy is not showing. It is only available on a PC or laptop. Sorry about that

Ah well, at least I know why it's not there now! Thanks and good luck.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,681
    Brrrrrrr said:

Players online

Game Type

SidV79 said:

I had the same problem but if you open the forum it opens another tab and if you use the tournament option it lets you play the orfy that way
  • Options
    weecheez1 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Players online

Game Type

SidV79 said:

I had the same problem but if you open the forum it opens another tab and if you use the tournament option it lets you play the orfy that way
    @weecheez1 Thanks I'll try that next week. Another thought, perhaps someone could put the link to the tournament into this thread and maybe I can use that to enter?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    Brrrrrrr said:

weecheez1 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Players online

Game Type

SidV79 said:

@weecheez1 Thanks I'll try that next week. Another thought, perhaps someone could put the link to the tournament into this thread and maybe I can use that to enter?

@Brrrrrrr

If you remind me on Friday, I will.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Tikay10 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

weecheez1 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Players online

Game Type

SidV79 said:

@Brrrrrrr

Ok, When @Brrrrrrr enters, we all hide Sshhh!
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

weecheez1 said:

Brrrrrrr said:

Players online

Game Type

SidV79 said:

@Brrrrrrr

Ok, When @Brrrrrrr enters, we all hide Sshhh!
    😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well. This is Week 4 (of 5), so till two weeks to get two good scores in the hunt for a prize. As it stands @goldnballz leads the League on a score of 5, with @MAXALLY close behind in second on a score of 7, those are the scores to aim for. With that I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    edited May 25
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 4 is done and dusted. There were 25 players taking their chance last night, 16 of whom are Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made the FT.
    A first FT in a while went my way last night as I finished in 9th place, so well done me.
    Usually a regular in these reports @Boxster made his first FT of the month to finish in 8th place last night, he sits in 13th place overall, well played Boxy.
    Another first FT of the month went to @kinematic where he was our highest placed finisher in 3rd place last night, helping to a five place rise into 7th place overall, well played kinematic.
    A third consecutive FT was @THEHERDEIE's reward as he took 4th place last night, lifting him by two places into 3rd overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Sitting in 2nd overall @MAXALLY almost made another FT but fell just short as he finished in 13th last night, well played Alan.
    Someone who likes being at the top of the League is @goldnballz, who also made his third FT of the month, taking 6th place last night, although not improving his score of 5, he still sits proudly
    leading the League for four consecutive weeks, well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week for the final week of May.
    Here is the updated League table after May Week 4