You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Not getting full value.

robcrobc Member Posts: 521
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
fearless82 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.48
bajan Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £10.49
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

robc Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £21.97
---- Call  £0.32 £0.76 £3.70
xxxx Call  £0.32 £1.08 £14.43
fearless82 Fold     
bajan Call  £0.24 £1.32 £10.25
Flop

bajan Bet  £0.08 £1.40 £10.17
robc Raise  £1.19 £2.59 £20.78
-----Call  £1.19 £3.78 £2.51
xxxx Call  £1.19 £4.97 £13.24
bajan Fold     
Turn

robc Check     
----Check     
xxxx Bet  £3.44 £8.41 £9.80
robc Call  £3.44 £11.85 £17.34
----Fold     
River

robc Check     
xxxxx Check     
robc Show
  • J
  • J

xxxx Muck

robc Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 4s £11.26  £28.60
Next

i played this hand badly i think. just wondered if i could get some advice because i dont think im getting full value out of these hands. i felt like when the turn brought the 3s it was a bad card which completed any flush draws and possible straights. and had to slow down what should i be doing here? a bet of £2-£2.50 to see where i am? i really hate my check on the river as if villian decided to shove i would be hating my hand.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Dont no why its messed up abit lol
  • Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    if you're gona check turn you should be checking to fold if someone bets.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah that makes sense, i lost where i was in the hand i didnt expect 2 callers on the flop.

Do you think i should be making a £2.50 bet on the turn? as would give me alot more info? but if he re pops me i got to fold and wasn't sure if i should be betting if i fold to a shove?

or is c-fold probably the best option in the long term?

like i said i played it horribly and with 3 callers pre i didnt have a clue where i stood lol
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    I think i would check fold, just because it's multi way and the worst turn ever.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited May 2010
    I think that you're being very hard on yourself - it just turned out nastily.
    I wouldn't be too worried if I played a hand like this - but I'm not as accomplished as many of the experienced cash players on this site.

You made a good pre-flop raise. Judging by the number of callers it looks like a loose table so possibly a 5*bb raise is better here.

You raised the really weak lead out which is good - again you can raise it a bit more here on a loose table on a wet flop. When you only get called you should definitely think that you are ahead at this point.

Against two players after the flop, it's reasonable to fear that someone has made their draw since by just calling your raise on the flop it looks like at least one of them must be on a draw. However, I think that you need to just grit your teeth and lead out - you may have to be prepared to lay down to a shove but you may be pot committed (you certainly would be if you'd raised more pre-flop and post-flop).

Like just about every poker decision the over-riding factor is your opinion of your opponents. Would they just call on the flop with a "big" hand like two overcards and a flush draw? Would they draw to a straight on a paired flop when, even if they hit their straight, they may lose to a flush or fullhouse. Are they the type of players to call a 4*bb pf bet with 2 low (suited) connectors?

There are very few certainties in poker and it's not possible to play every hand perfectly - even if we knew what "perfect play" was!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    it was a very loose table so your right a 5x pre would of been better as im out of position, and looking now a bet of maybe £1.50 on the flop or more? as i dont really have many safe cards in the deck in a multi way pot, any spade,A,K,Q,3,2 and possibly 4 are danger cards but cant see me getting away if it was a 4 on the turn lol. so should i be looking to take the pot down there?

when they both called i guessed they either had over cards or flush draws which made the turn a horrible card. at this stage i was tempted to bet around £2-£2.50 but knew if anyone went over the top i would have to fold, so i went with the check and then the villian in position on us bet i dont really no why i called but i was guessing he might of tried this bet as it was quite obvious me and the other villian didnt like the spade. looking back the fold in the long run would of been the right choice as if he bet any substantial amount on the river i was gone.

The reason i posted this hand is when i seen his hand i thought maybe i should not of slowed down and tried to get abit more value on the turn and river?

could people answer this for me.

Would you bet the turn to see where you were? if so how much?

c-f?

c-c? (guessing not to many arguments for this play lol) if anyone would what would you do on the river?

if you bet and get re raised what do you do?

if you bet and get called what next on the river?

Cheers everyone who has answered so far
  • Options
    Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited May 2010
    I think I would have raised it 20p preflop, larger than pot size bet on flop then check-fold the turn.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited May 2010
    I would personally make it 5x preflop as this is still 8NL and plenty of loose players. On the flop maybe raise bit more to £1.35-40.

Turn is awful card as two calls look like standard draws, the big bet of £3.44 is way too much just to call out of position, I would jut give up there. I guess you could bet £2-2.50 on turn but OOP it makes it very tough.