You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

10 Handed Deepy tonight! and should we rename it? please read!

2»

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    We ended up with 59 players
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hey there guys,

i 100% agree that Barry does a fantastic job in the forum and seriously deserves some recognition. let me pass this idea on to the powers that be and see what we can do. unfortunately i wasn't in the office on Saturday to pick this up but i'll see if we can do anything for next week. no promises but i'll certainly pass it on.

thanks for all the input guys,

Rich
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 Handed Deepy tonight! and should we rename it? please read!:
    hey there guys, i 100% agree that Barry does a fantastic job in the forum and seriously deserves some recognition. let me pass this idea on to the powers that be and see what we can do. unfortunately i wasn't in the office on Saturday to pick this up but i'll see if we can do anything for next week. no promises but i'll certainly pass it on. thanks for all the input guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Here,here
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited October 2009

I fully agree that Barry deserves some thanks, or recognition, for his community work on Sky Poker.

It's not just starting the Deepie Threads most days, his support of the PTP-ers is immense. Whenever we have a new PTP-er - James Hartigan, Sarah, Lisa, Ed, etc, Barry is always there to lend them support. Being a PTP-er is hard - VERY hard, because you get inundated with questions - mostly "open" questions, which are well nigh impossible to answer in that medium, while trying to play some poker. Barry is always there to help, & when folks chivy up the PTP-ers for not answering quick enough - & they do - Barry explains that we are 2 Tabling, or in the middle of answering 3 questions at once already.

Many of the PM's I get reflect admiration for Barry, too.

I have written to The Suits with some ideas on this matter, let's leave it like that for now please.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

By the way, I admire Sky Rich's hard work for the Community immensely - but that's very different to Barry - Barry is "just" a player, whereas Sky-Rich works for Sky Poker, & looking after the guys is what he's paid to do.

He does it very well, too, I would add. It's the very nature of poker players to moan & groan about everything, every "beat" somehow equating to rigged software or somesuch in the minds of those who can't stomach losing, so it's some tough job he's got.

Big up to him.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Cripes, I Posted those Posts as "tikay1", when I usually use "TIKAY10".

Who'd have thunk that I, of all people, who loathes & despises multi-accounters for the cheats they are, would become a multi-accounter?

Oops.

TIKAY10 will be back soon.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,429
    edited October 2009

I'm back. ;)
  • Options
    dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 Handed Deepy tonight! and should we rename it? please read!:
    I'm back. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    welcome back  sir!

and may i congratulate you on what sounded like a good performance over the weekend.

mines a pint
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    I'm back. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    TIKAY1? TIKAY10? WELL SAID BY BOTH OF YOU ANYWAY,TOTALLY AGREE WITH U ON ACEBARRY AND SKY RICH.BOTH SHOULD HAVE A TOURNY NAMED AFTER THEM.I WILL DEF SUPPORT THEM.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,429
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 Handed Deepy tonight! and should we rename it? please read! : welcome back  sir! and may i congratulate you on what sounded like a good performance over the weekend. mines a pint
    Posted by dodgydaz
    Lol, thank you.

A pint, on me, coming up. Tea, coffee, or cocoa?
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    I fully agree that Barry deserves some thanks, or recognition, for his community work on Sky Poker. It's not just starting the Deepie Threads most days, his support of the PTP-ers is immense. Whenever we have a new PTP-er - James Hartigan, Sarah, Lisa, Ed, etc, Barry is always there to lend them support. Being a PTP-er is hard - VERY hard, because you get inundated with questions - mostly "open" questions, which are well nigh impossible to answer in that medium, while trying to play some poker. Barry is always there to help, & when folks chivy up the PTP-ers for not answering quick enough - & they do - Barry explains that we are 2 Tabling, or in the middle of answering 3 questions at once already. Many of the PM's I get reflect admiration for Barry, too. I have written to The Suits with some ideas on this matter, let's leave it like that for now please.
    Posted by tikay1
    Hi tikay

Firstly, many congratulations on your cash ay the DTD, fantastic, how did Mr Battye go on please?

Words cannot describe my feelings about this community, Presenters and Analysts, they are the creme da la creme, I only wish I could give you all more than my very grateful thanks.