You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blogs III - The chosen ones

2»

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    As 1st blogger go n enjoy it there fun,w/d all and lets c what u deliver i cant wait,, pressure is on..lol have fun all
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs III - The chosen ones:
    loadsa congrats to hale and davey!!!----well done you two!!--- and well deliberated rich---n1
    Posted by oynutter
    You too mate, I think we would have encountered our first forum riot if you hadn't been picked!!

Got a feeling that Davy is going to be the only serious blog on the site next month.

I hope we can carry on where the others have left off.

Now, I just need a few idea's, help, anyone???
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs III - The chosen ones:
    In Response to Re: Blogs III - The chosen ones : You too mate, I think we would have encountered our first forum riot if you hadn't been picked!! Got a feeling that Davy is going to be the only serious blog on the site next month. I hope we can carry on where the others have left off. Now, I just need a few idea's, help, anyone???
    Posted by Hale72
       nice one hale--i really could'nt believe the support there---amazing--must be loads of people reading threads and not posting---bingo site and humpty dumpty--lol---the silliest threads on the forum (some might say)--and there was me thinking only two or three people were reading them--- i do find that a bit of laugh between games puts us in the right mood  for playing good poker though---same here on the idea's front--got a couple----but you know what?-- you like writing (as i do) and idea's generally flow once you start a sentence.

One small tip (dont think you need it but it might help)---don't try too hard to get something right first time---just start by writing anything at all, and see what happens from there, you can arrange and/or delete later but most good idea's seem to come during the process of writing and not before you start a piece---sometimes i think of an idea and discard it because i think i wont have enough material for it, (ie, humpty ---i had no idea at all how long that could go on)  but i know now that most  pieces write themselves once you get going, so try not to say to yourself, "no, that wont work"---just try it and see--good luck hale, i know you'll have no trouble once you get going---the evidence is all over the forum--lol--happy blogging
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

Cheers mate,

I think I just need a catalyst. I certainly didn't expect bingo site to turn out the way it did (my first post was actually supposed to be serious) and I just bounced off other posts.

Sometimes those posts actually took days of preparation, yes, I used to draft them out and save them. Adding again when I had a bit more inspiration and taking things out that didn't feel right. Sometimes after I had posted them I found another gem I could have used but then it's too late really.

How sad must I be? Still like you say, it kept me away from the tables a while and as a result my poker has actually improved. I used to play constantly for about 9 hours a day, 3 days a week and just about broke even or made a small proft/loss.

Now I split my playing time between the forum and the tables and the break between each game certainly helps.

I have about 3 ideas burrowing away at the back of my mind for subjects on blogs, and in fact have started my first draft for the first one.

Once Sky Rich gives us the full go ahead, I may start a thread asking for a little inspiration as sometimes, one innocent comment can send me off on a completely unrelated tangent.