You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ICC Champions Trophy

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Been chatting with JJ about potential bets for this. I'll leave him to write a detailed preview of how the tournament will pan out.

My bets for interest, are as follows,

Windies Tournament Winners £6 @ 9/1

Warner Top Aus Bat
Perera Top SL Bat
R.Taylor Top NZ Bat

£2 treble returns £260

Yadav Top Ind Bowl
Dw.Bravo Top WI Bowl
Malinga Top SL Bowl

£2 treble returns £165

Over to you JJ :D

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited June 2013

Alright, well I could pretty much just +1 the opening posts, as my bets are (will be) almost identical.

West Indies are incredible value here, I think the bookies have fluffed this one!

Match winners all the way down the Windies line up, Gayle, Smith, Pollard, Bravo, Narine being the 5 that spring to mind.

Back that up with Darren Bravo, Sarwan, Roach, Rampaul, even the captain Sammy can win the game for them with the bat, that's like 11 match winners!!!

Johnson Charles opening the batting is an unknown at this level but comes in with a massive rep of being an explosive hitter.

The only position they're 'carrying' is the wicket keeper. Ramdin aint bad either and scored big runs last summer when Windies were in England.

Max bet Windies ftw @ 9/1!!! (3/1 to make the final)

Have also picked the same bowling trio as splashies, Yadav for India ripped through the Aussies yesterday. He bowls quick, and is their 'go to' strike bowler.

India as always have tonnes of bowling options and will likely share the wickets around with their bit-part spinners, Yadavs 5 at the top and 5 at the end give him every chance of picking up the most wickets. Good price too.

Malinga is the obvious pick for Sri Lanka, clearly their stand out bowler, bowls 5 of the last 10 at the death again when runs and wickets are plentiful. No brainer.

Bravo is just back from being the IPLs top wicket taker. He was v hard to hit at the death, will likely bowl the majority of his 10 overs in the batting powerplay (normally the 35-40th overs) and then at the end again when the slog is on. Wickets cetain to fall.

Pretty high variance market these, as 1 golden spell can swing it, but these 3 look solid picks.

Yadav/Malinga/Bravo top wicket taker treble @ whatever price u can get ! :)

(Yada is kind of a gamble here, if you want lower variance stuff/bigger stake, exclude him and go with the nailed on Malinga/bravo double)

-------

'Top team batsman' market again very high variance, probably more so than the bowlers markets, just because there's more realistic candidates to win per team.

Have gone with just 1 of splashies' picks here with ross taylor, he's got runs in every innings so far this tour, and hasn't yet gone on to get the big 1.

Outside of BMac (who bats too low) he's their best player by a mile, and will likely get in around the 10th over when their fragile top order fails again.

He's got to be the value bet.

Disagree strongly with David Warner top scoring for the Aussies, he's had a really poor IPL, comes into this comp with no form.

Boring, but I'm gonna go with Shane Watson, who's gtd runs. He had an awesome IPL yet again, is incredibly consistant in ODIs and has scored a hatfull of runs in English conditions.

Also think he's key to the Aussies chances, they have won the last 2 ICC champs trophies. If they're to win again he needs to score big runs. Coz I doubt anyone else will!

Perera for SL is a good pick @ 4/1. Just think it's too much of a lottery with their 'big 3' of Dilshan, J'wardene and S'kara. All 3 coming into the comp off the back of poor IPLs but all pretty experienced/good in English conditions and surely 1 of them has to come good.

4/1 is decent value though.

My 3rd pick to complete the treble would be Kohli for India.

Coming off an awesome IPL, and smashed 150 not out in the first warmup game for this comp.

He's going to bat at 3 and have every chance to score huge runs. I personally think this is a pretty strong Indian line up, especially batting. Although they're been written off and described as the worst Indian ODI team of the last 20 years! 

Think they may surprise a few 'experts'.

Taylor/Kohli/Watson top team batsman treble @ ???/1 !

------

Will fill the prices in when I put the bets on later today. 

gl all!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited June 2013

K, cba editing op, just put the bets on.

£18 on WI outright @ 17/2

ugh, quid on the other 2 bets (trebles), cnt seem to find the price in my bet history tho.

Ladbrokes site is terrible.

Glitchy!!!!!

Either way, sweats are all on! gl us!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Decent day on the poker.

Gone in for another £20 on the Windies this time 8/1, same site, Laddies.

This is a rly good value bet folks. even if u dnt like cricket, I doubt you'll get much better value anywhere on any other sport. 

Cmon the Windies!!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Update after the first round of matches.

Really enjoying the tournament so far, there's been some tight matches and I think the new regulations are making the contest between bat and ball alot more even, which is the opposite of what most people expected.

2 new balls makes it more interesting, and also the fielding team being forced to have 5 close fielders instead of 4 is actually making middle overs more difficult imo. 

There's certainly more boundries, but also more dot balls and periods of pressure which result in wickets and exciting cricket. 

Anyway, the bets...

Yadav/Malinga/Bravo top wicket taker treble

This is looking decent at the moment. 

Malinga was awesome for Sri lanka the other day, is well clear of his teammates with 4 wickets.

Yadav is tied with 2 other Indians on 2 wickets. India looked really good, think he'll have at least 3 more matches to go clear.

Bravo is the worry at the mo. The problem for him was his team got loads of early wickets, which immediately put them on the back foot. Bravos strength is his death bowling, he's more likely to get wickets when a team is 200/3 off 35 than he is 40/4 off 15. Irony. 

Big day for this bet tomorrow when India face the West Indies. Hope Yadav gets 7 wickets but goes for 2,000 runs :D 

Taylor/Kohli/Watson top team batsman treble

As predicted, this bet isn't going so well. Really tough to predict. Kohli got in and got out, scoring a decent 30 odd, which gives him half a chance, but both openers scored big so it's gonna take a couple of special innings from him to get back in it. 

Taylor and Watson both failed, but ironically aren't as far behind as Kohli is due to their teammates also bombing out. 

Need Kohli to score big tomorrow otherwise the game is pretty much up for this bet. 

tbh Idgas about it anymore, I hope Kohli gets a golden duck :D

Windies ftw @ 9/1!!!

This is the one I'm excited about! 

Good bowling performance won us the first game. I'm not that worried about the batting. It looked bad but they got over the line against a very good bowling attack, which is all that matters. 

Big day tomorrow against the tournament favourites. We'll learn alot about how good the WI are!

I think the forecast is pretty bad early in the day, the game could be reduced to 30/35 overs.

Really wouldn't be disappointed to see this happen, I'd favour the windies even more over a shorter format. 

Fingers X'd!!!!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to ICC Champions Trophy:
    Been chatting with JJ about potential bets for this. I'll leave him to write a detailed preview of how the tournament will pan out. My bets for interest, are as follows, Windies Tournament Winners £6 @ 9/1 Warner Top Aus Bat Perera Top SL Bat R.Taylor Top NZ Bat £2 treble returns £260 Yadav Top Ind Bowl Dw.Bravo Top WI Bowl Malinga Top SL Bowl £2 treble returns £165 Over to you JJ :D
    Posted by splashies
    oops lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Fridays game WI v SA is now effectively a QF.

Weather forecast looks horrific though.

Need to look into the rules properly, but I'm pretty sure there's no reserve day, and if the game is washed out, it's 1 point each and SA will go through with a better net run rate. which sux balls.

Not really sure how to go about it, but I'll prob have to lay the £38 @ 8/1 off for maybe my money back/a small loss.....

May be posting for some help with this tonight/tomorrow morning when the outright market prices go back up.

fu rain. & fu Ravi Jadeja.
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ICC Champions Trophy:
    Fridays game WI v SA is now effectively a QF. Weather forecast looks horrific though. Need to look into the rules properly, but I'm pretty sure there's no reserve day, and if the game is washed out, it's 1 point each and SA will go through with a better net run rate. which sux balls. Not really sure how to go about it, but I'll prob have to lay the £38 @ 8/1 off for maybe my money back/a small loss..... May be posting for some help with this tonight/tomorrow morning when the outright market prices go back up. fu rain. & fu Ravi Jadeja.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dont lay, back India ftw. They are the strongest side, and this side can field as well which is unusual for india. 
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2013
    wtf are England doing here, should have been 300 comftably
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lets be havin you dohhhhh

A reduced overs game is what you asked for! Hope they come good!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Can't believe it.

Sums up how I'm running atm.

Would have got those comfortably.

Unbelievable Jeff.