You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Female only tournaments?

Batkin88Batkin88 Member Posts: 1,682
edited August 2013 in Community Suggestions
Sorry guys I know this will annoy a lot of men but I am requesting this for good reasons.

We don't have loads of female players on the site but as a site I think you are missing a lot of potential customers here. You could have a small MTT one evening or every evening say a £5 buy in with a £100 GTD for females only, and then give 1 hour of 1 of your shows to the tournament to promote getting more female players to the site and to reg! You have a great amount of female presenters who could take part, and you may be able to try and get 1 to play every tournament so you can name it after them! (Or you could name it after me, just saying ;)..)

If this does become an option make it a good structure 10/12 min blinds with small blind increases like the mini primo! The more players you get over time you could bring in higher guarantees or up the buy ins!

I would recommend starting small and only holding It twice a week on nights when the show is live so you can plug it (this would take like 10 seconds) and then make it a TV one so hands can be played and requested to be played to advertise it!  "Batkins Ladies night" Going back to naming the tourneys hint hint

Regards

Kalie

Comments

• Options
    BURNShurtzBURNShurtz Member Posts: 1,005
    edited July 2013
    there's women here?? 

I thought it was just men pretending to be females.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol some may well be, but there are a few of us!
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    Ive got a big nose so can we have a tournament just for big nose players as well please ????? :D

Only joking batkin and actually think its a good idea.
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    Having thought about it a bit more, how would you know women only were playing ? 
  • Options
    pandy95pandy95 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Female only tournaments?:
    Having thought about it a bit more, how would you know women only were playing ? 
    Posted by JPW33
    lol thay play better
  • Options
    Telmison74Telmison74 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited August 2013
    How about a tournament for men only
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2013
    Posted by JPW33
    If women play better why do you need women only tourneys, the good thing about online is that it doesn't matter who you are you cant get intimidated by someone else the only thing that does the talking is the chips. Women can pretend to be men, men pretend to be women I think you are just trying to win some easy money and get on tv. Which is sexist and unfair.

Anyway in poker I don't believe anyone if they say they are women I play my cards and the player and trust my notes. If you  cant get on tv or cash in a normal tourney then I suggest practicing in freeroles until you get better.

It may sound harsh but why because your a woman should you get special treatment this is the 21st century were all equal now.

Can I have a Black only tourney please im tired of playing these white people!!!! If not your racisit Sky......

P.S im not that great a player I just like fairness for all.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Why would SKY be racist if they didn't cater for your tournament? Are you implying that I am saying SKY are sexist if they do not cater for a woman only tournament?

Thanks for the info on freerolls I will take you up on that sounds like a great solution to a question I never asked!

• Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2013
    Iin Response to Re: Female only tournaments?:
    Why would SKY be racist if they didn't cater for your tournament? Are you implying that I am saying SKY are sexist if they do not cater for a woman only tournament? Thanks for the info on freerolls I will take you up on that sounds like a great solution to a question I never asked!
    Posted by Batkin88
    I was being ironic, but if they catered to a woman only and not a black only there must be a reason so my point is you cant do it or where does it stop. Anyway it would be impossible to regulate, if it happened id sign up with my wife's details and play too.

As for the freerole comment I know you didn't ask it but it seems your request was so you could play in long tournaments against less players and have a chance of getting on tv and winning easy cash, so if you cant do that now you need more practice.
  • Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited August 2013
    Totally against this.

Firstly, why would it make the blindest bit of difference to the number of female players on Sky?

THE ARE NO BARRIERS TO ENTRY STOPPING WOMEN PLAYING POKER

the simple fact of the matter is, more men play poker, because it appeals to men more. End of!

Anyway, why do Sky need to be increasing female footfall on the poker site?

Poker is not a physical game, males and females do not need to be seperate due to different abilites. Unless you are saying that they do?

The cynic in me thinks you just want a poker game that prevents most of the winning regs from playing, allowing you to increase your ROI
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Totally against this. Firstly, why would it make the blindest bit of difference to the number of female players on Sky? THE ARE NO BARRIERS TO ENTRY STOPPING WOMEN PLAYING POKER the simple fact of the matter is, more men play poker, because it appeals to men more. End of! Anyway, why do Sky need to be increasing female footfall on the poker site? Poker is not a physical game, males and females do not need to be seperate due to different abilites. Unless you are saying that they do? The cynic in me thinks you just want a poker game that prevents most of the winning regs from playing, allowing you to increase your ROI
    Posted by calcalfold
    Just lol!

Also you posted on this before in a different forum and also insulted me in a different thread why are you repeating yourself and why do you feel it is acceptable to insult someone in the vulgar way you did and just carry on as if nothing happened?