You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Waitint List - What is the point!

BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
edited December 2009 in Community Help & Advice
If I have more than 2 tables open and I am on the waiting list for other tables, when these tables auto load, by the time they have loaded I am not given the option to sit.  Instead the next person is allowed in and I have to rejoin the list? 

This is really getting on my nerves now.  What is the point of having a waiting list function if by the time the table loads you are not allowed to sit?  This needs to be sorted asap.

Cheers

Shann

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    hey there,

i'm sorry to hear of your problems and frustration. i'l pass this on to the poker team straight away.

Rich
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi Rich

Thanks for your reponse.

Have you had any feed back on this one yet?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited December 2009
    Just to add I get this too.  Sometimes it also just has the 'please wait' icon and won't let me click on the free seat, so I ahve to close it and reload it, but which time this donk called BIGSHANN has usually stole my seat :p
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Waitint List - What is the point!:
    If I have more than 2 tables open and I am on the waiting list for other tables, when these tables auto load, by the time they have loaded I am not given the option to sit.  Instead the next person is allowed in and I have to rejoin the list?  This is really getting on my nerves now.  What is the point of having a waiting list function if by the time the table loads you are not allowed to sit?  This needs to be sorted asap. Cheers Shann
    Posted by BIGSHANN

Hi BigShann,

Rich passed this over earlier but it's took a while to get back to you so apologies for the late reply.

From what you have described I assume you are joining the waiting list from the lobby, therefore once the seat becomes available the table should launch and reserve you a seat. The seat is then reserved for 30 seconds and you receive the buy-in pop up to choose how much cash to bring to the table. If you don't make a decision in this time then your seat reservation expires and the seat is offered to another player.

I'm assuming here that you don't ever see the buy-in box. therefore it sounds to me like the problem is the table is taking too long to launch, therefore the 30 seconds expires and you don't get your seat.

If this is the case, then the problem is the slow table launch, rather than the waiting list itself. You mention it always occurs when you have 2 or more tables already open, does this mean it never occurs if you have no tables open? If this is the case then I think it could be related to an overload on your Processor which occurs specifically on table launch whilst multi-tabling.

Do you ever notice a slow table launch on tournaments whilst already multitabling?
    Do you ever notice a slow cash table launch whilst multitabling?

Please could you confirm your PC's processor and Ram?

Depending on what operating system you are running, you can normally find this by clicking

Start
    Control Panel
    System

It should then appear under the general tab which opens by default, mine for example is intel core2 DuoCPU T7300 @2.00Ghz, 0.98 RAM

Can I also ask what browser you are running?

An interim solution (albeit not perfect) should be to join the waiting list from the lobby, then launch the table and leave it open in the background. Alternatively launch the table and join the waiting list on the table itself. Once the seat becomes available you will receive the buy-in box with the 30 second countdown, since the table is already loaded you should therefore not lose your seat.

Another option is to use the 'find similar' option on the lobby, although If you want to join a specific table then I accept this does not help.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you to assist further.

Best Wishes

Adam

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for your reply Adam.

I have a Core2 DuoT7700 2.4GHZ 800MHZ FSB with 4MB L2 Cache and 4GB DDR2 ram.

I use the most up to date version of IE8 (just donloaded new version)

I do get round this by having the tables already launched but this means I have to have so many tables launched which can get confusing.  Plus if this option is available then why can we not use it?

This is an option that is available on all sites and works perfectly well on all other sites!

I know other sites are downloadable but surely it is about time sky had a downloadable version available.  We keep hearing that 'it is in the pipeline' again and again, but there seems to have been no progress so far. 

Cheers

Shann.
  • Options
    DrMarblesDrMarbles Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2009
    Recently I've noticed the super-slow opening of tables as well - sometimes takes a couple of minutes and has got really bad over the last month or so.

I'm sure this is a problem with the Flash - a couple of times my computer has thrown an error saying it's going to close the window due to a Flash script.

There's nothing wrong with either my or Bigshann's computer spec - you really need to get this sorted out as it's a huge negative.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Waitint List - What is the point!:
    Recently I've noticed the super-slow opening of tables as well - sometimes takes a couple of minutes and has got really bad over the last month or so. I'm sure this is a problem with the Flash - a couple of times my computer has thrown an error saying it's going to close the window due to a Flash script. There's nothing wrong with either my or Bigshann's computer spec - you really need to get this sorted out as it's a huge negative.
    Posted by DrMarbles
    Totally agree marbles.  The problem is and always has been, Flash player.  If I have more than 8 tbls open I often get the same message as you have described. 

Recently though - the last couple of days- table launch has been exceptionally slow.   Also flash player often - i mean 2- 3 times a day- causes my IE to corrupt and close down.  This is extremely annoying and frustrating when in a big pot and you can do nothing about it!

Sky has made many several steps forward to improve the software, which are all good, but until there is a downloadable version these problems are'nt going to go away!
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited December 2009
    I agree with the problems that others are getting. The tables do take longer than 30 seconds to load which means that you have missed your seat on the table.
    Perhaps Sky could make it a 60 second delay before allowing the next player in the queue a chance to sit at the table.
    This might solve some of the problems players are getting.
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2009

Bigshann you need a better processor.

• Options
    ness4ness4 Member Posts: 388
    edited December 2009

No Sky need a longer time limit!

• Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2009
    chrome is faster than IE imo
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Waitint List - What is the point!:
    Bigshann you need a better processor.
    Posted by ajs4385
    And what do you suggest ajs?
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2009
    I run a q6600, but would go for cheapest i7 as not much more, just wernt out when I built mine.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ok cheers mate - only available in tower though?  Unless I want to spend thousands?
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    i have had the same problem waiting for the table load then it does seat gone
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2009
    Flash was never designed for high performance programs like a poker client. It's great for those little games where you try and see how far you can catapult a snow ball, but a poker client is handling 100's of actions per minute. The tables have ALWAYS been slow loading because there is so much to initiate but once they're up and running they're usually ok. That's the nature of Flash. You need at least a 60sec timeout to load up a game and sit down. Laggy internet such as Talk Talk or Tiscali doesn't help, either.

Having to upgrade your pc to run ONE piece of software has got to be proof that something is not right.