You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would YOU do?

CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
edited December 2014 in Strategy
Reads - Had notes on 'N' that they where an active player and liked to raise big.

Feel free to critique my thoughts. Here they are: 

Pre - standard, happy with it so far.
Flop - Dont feel I have to bet any bigger as pretty dry and hard to hit flop. Call the reraise simply to keep in all worse hands. Fine I think so far.
Turn - I check hoping for him to continue his bluff/betting worse hands such as PP's. When he checks back I feel I am almost always ahead.
River - On the thought he has nothing more than he has a PP, I check and intend to raise anything smaller than a pot bet. If he bets pot ill just call. When he jams it completly surprised me. Now what??

I'll tell you my action and reason afterwards.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CraigSG1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £21.31
rBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.67
  Your hole cards

fCall  £0.10 £0.25 £21.72
sCall  £0.10 £0.35 £9.09
NCall  £0.10 £0.45 £48.75
CraigSG1 Raise  £0.65 £1.10 £20.66
rFold     
fFold     
sCall  £0.60 £1.70 £8.49
NCall  £0.60 £2.30 £48.15
Flop

CraigSG1 Bet  £1.20 £3.50 £19.46
sFold     
NRaise  £3.55 £7.05 £44.60
CraigSG1 Call  £2.35 £9.40 £17.11
Turn

CraigSG1 Check     
NCheck     
River

CraigSG1 Check     
NAll-in  £44.60 £54.00 £0.00
CraigSG1 ?????   

Comments

• Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2014
    he has a t and hit his ten why else would he re raise u and with you calling his raise after the flop he thinks hes got you i would sigh call and use the info to get him back later.

• Options
    MITANDY117MITANDY117 Member Posts: 70
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: What would YOU do?:
    he has a t and hit his ten why else would he re raise u and with you calling his raise after the flop he thinks hes got you i would sigh call and use the info to get him back later.
    Posted by reeler
    Maybe ACE 4
  • Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: What would YOU do? : Maybe ACE 4
    Posted by MITANDY117
    i dont like this all in but id still sigh cal then use this info to get him back in a later hand
  • Options
    JimRiddle7JimRiddle7 Member Posts: 142
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: What would YOU do? : i dont like this all in but id still sigh cal then use this info to get him back in a later hand
    Posted by reeler
    I read the all-in there as a bluff,  so it depends how deep you are..

i would not want to risk £44, he might have it.. 

but if i only had say £10 behind i would definately call..
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Cant see, but i think you had about £17 behind..  so call it is..  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

actually, looking back at the betting. he could have pocket 9's
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone - thanks for the replies. Interesting to read.

I did have £17 behind, not sure why its cut out. Anyways, the answer and why I did what I did...

I called. He turned out to have a total air ball hand. 56o if I recall. I thought for a long while and based my call on his turn check. Cant see him doing this with any nut hand. I figured if he had caught the set he would want some value, same for if he had a strong hand. 

Just wanted to see if calling was the right optionand not just results orientated.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone - thanks for the replies. Interesting to read. I did have £17 behind, not sure why its cut out. Anyways, the answer and why I did what I did... I called. He turned out to have a total air ball hand. 56o if I recall. I thought for a long while and based my call on his turn check. Cant see him doing this with any nut hand. I figured if he had caught the set he would want some value, same for if he had a strong hand.  Just wanted to see if calling was the right optionand not just results orientated.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Yep, your read was good, i saw the shove as a bluff too..

Although there was a very slim chance he had pocket 9's
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: What would YOU do? : Yep, your read was good, i saw the shove as a bluff too.. Although there was a very slim chance he had pocket 9's
    Posted by JimRiddle7
    If pocket nines raises the flop (which would be an odd line) he probably bets the turn.
  • Options
    POLLOPASTAPOLLOPASTA Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2014
    Randoms love to attack paired boards. Flop and turn play is fine, the only question is on the river. Do we make more by checking or betting. His line is typical of a desperation bluff, raise flop, check turn, panic shove river. However you are not to know he will massively overbet all his complete air if you check. I think any pair calls the river if you bet and a lot of these check behind when you check. Complete air should just fold to any decent sized bet so by checking you give those a chance to bet.

All that said I prefer a check because its such a typical fish line. Raise flop, check back turn on a board like this I think he is just way too weighted to bluffs. 4x has the board pretty much locked up so I would expect to see a smaller flop raise, or even just a call, and for sure some sort of turn bet. I am probably snap calling the jam because its just so trypical of desperation. A basic concept i learnt very early when facing bets from randoms was does it look like they want you to call or want you to fold? Screams that he wants you to fold to me.