You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New forum Section - Omaha - your thoughts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited January 2010
    I, LIKE MANY PLAYERS, DISCOVERED OMAHA BY ACCIDENT IN A DYM. I WAS DELIGHTED TO GET FOUR CARDS BUT DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I THOUGHT I HAD FLUSHES AND STRAIGHTS USING ONLY ONE CARD LOL.

AFTER GETTING MY PANTS PULLED DOWN SEVERELY IN THAT TOURNAMENT, I WENT TO READ THE RULES.

AFTER THAT I REALLY ENJOYED PLAYING IT AND HAVE KEPT FLITTING TO IT, PARTICULARLY WHEN MY LUCK HAS BEEN DOWN PLAYING HOLDEM.

ITS REALLY GOOD FUN AND EVEN DONKS ARE NOT REA;LLY DONKS AT ALL. THEY ARE JUST PLAYERS WHO REALLY THINK THAT THEY HAVE A GOOD HAND WHEN THEY DONT LOL. YOU CAN SIT AT A DYM AND NOT PLAY A HAND BECAUSE OF THESE PLAYERS JUST SKINNING EACH OTHER WHILE YOU WATCH AND WIN WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE, WHICH HELPED ME A LOT, WAS TO ALWAYS LOOK AT WHAT IS WRITTEN UNDERNEATH THE COMMUNITY CARDS TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE RATHER THAN JUST GAUPING AT THE 2 BULLETS THAT ARE ONLY HALF THE STORY OF YOUR HAND.

ALSO INTERLINKED CARDS ARE MUCH BETTER TO GO ALL IN WITH THAN PAIRS MOST OF THE TIME I FIND. A HALF DECENT HAND LIKE 2 PAIRS IN HOLDEM IS A BIT RUBBISH IN OMAHA.

LIKE I SAID ITS GREAT WHEN YOU ARE DOWN AT HOLDEM TO GO PLAY OMAHA FOR HALF AN HOUR JUST TO LOOK AT AFEW GOOD CARDS FOR A CHANGE. MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ANYWAY LOL. 
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    thanks for all the feedback everyone.

now check out the new area of the forum.

oooo shiny
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: New forum Section - Omaha - your thoughts?:
    In Response to Re: New forum Section - Omaha - your thoughts? : [QUOTE ]Please start another area for Bad Beats , some people don't think their bad beats are Area 51 but they still annoy everyone!! please please please put a bad beat section up to keep them off here, either that or move every bad beat thread to area 51 alot quicker Posted by FlashFlush
    This - PLEASE. Bad Beat threads are the very bane of all poker forums - nobody wants to see them, or read them, they are wholly negative & serve no function except to the OP. People want to Post them, yes (Heaven knows why), but read them - noooooooooooo! Any newbie to our Community who sees a forum full of Bad Beat tales will be off like a shot. Stick them in a Board down by Area 51, so we are not plagued by them. Nothing depresses the Forum mood more than Bad-Beat Tales.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry to disagree, but i love bad beat tales of woe, especially when they start blaming everyone and everything else, and even more so when it happens 'all the time' and would ' never happen in live poker' but then again i think i must have a bit of an evil streak in me !! 'sorry, must learn to not laugh at tales of woe and poker software corruption'
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited January 2010
    thanks for all the feedback everyone. now check out the new area of the forum. oooo shiny
    Posted by Sky_Rich
     Thank you for this Rich. Just one thing , could you please organise a a link for the lefthand side. Cheers again
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep sure thing. it just takes a while for the system to update
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    thanks for all the feedback everyone. now check out the new area of the forum. oooo shiny
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    ?

I've looked and can't see the Alan Partridge sub-forum at all (?)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,024
    edited January 2010

Sky-Rich,

A lot of work by many Members went into the "Omaha - Hints & Tips for Beginners" Thread, could you please transfer it across to the new Omaha Board please.

It is here

Thanks.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Sky-Rich, A lot of work by many Members went into the "Omaha - Hints & Tips for Beginners" Thread, could you please transfer it across to the new Omaha Board please. It is here Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10

done. sorry for the delay
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited January 2010

i think its a great idea would make it easier for newbies like myself to omaha  dtw