You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How wide should we push?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,552
edited December 2021 in Strategy

4 handed in a NLH DYM, we've just had a bit of an accident & are down to about 3 Bigs 4 handed, & we are in the Big Blind next hand.

Are we shoving any 2 here?

This happened last night when I jammed with 3-6 & somehow got there v Aces. The fella was a bit upset with me - & I get that - but it was all "really, 3-6?" sorta thing.

I'm pretty sure we just have to jam & hope here.

Yes, no?

Comments

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2017
    Heavily depends on the stage/stacks for me.

If it's say 100/200....

CO on 5000
    BTN on 4000
    You with 700
    BB with 2300

Then I just jam ATC cos the BB can't really afford to be just flicking it in with JTo etc, we will get loads of folds here despite our stack size. If it was more like...

CO on 2300
    BTN on 4000
    You on 700
    BB on 5000

Then I think I'd fold some of the total junk like 63o cos v that stack size I just don't think we are ever getting a fold so I'd rather sacrifice the 100 chips and hope we get a hand asap/even just 1 high card or we can even occasionally get folds with our 600 chip jam 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fwiw it might be fishy but I'd probably be far more inclined to jam ATC with 3-4bb if it was like 30/60 cos at 100/200 in my example we still have a reasonable chance of cashing but if you change it to 30/60 but same stack sizes we are pretty screwed and need lots of spins
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    *facepalm* 

Thought you said you were in the SB which renders everything I said useless. When we are in the BB we probably ain't getting the option to jam, we probably get walks or have to call the lot off.

If someone limped, I'd just take the free flop with trash like 63o cos we probably don't have FE over a limp anyway so might as well see a flop then fold or stick it in. 

Think I do just call off v a jam with ATC (unless there was 2 all ins in front) cos folding leaves us 1.5bb and a third of that is us paying our SB next hand
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited February 2017
    We are UTG Lambo

A2C for me
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: How wide should we push?:
    We are UTG Lambo A2C for me
    Posted by Phantom66
    Oh god, I'm not having a good time on here recently, can't read to save my life.

Yeah UTG I'm jamming ATC and expecting to still have half decent FE unless the BB is a huge stack. 
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited February 2017
    Not sure its a ATC spot when we are UTG. Do we expect to get it through all that often?
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited February 2017
    Generally I think it is an A2C shove. Special dynamics of the stacks or ability/looseness of opponents might make me think about a fold in game. 

I think if we know/expect to get 3 callers then we may as well pass. We should have a better hand in the BB than this and could face some open folds.

E.g. If our 3bbs dont make much of a dent in any of the remaining stacks and opponents all know we are shoving any 2 here then they should all make a cooperative call.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2017
    Not for me, depending on blind sizes. When blinds are higher lots of players quite rightly won't want to come along without some sort of hand and risk putting us back into the game, so although that means you've got some degree of FE UTG vs button and SB you maybe get called way too often by BB. When we get called by more than one opponent we're in real trouble. If we pass here we can still get walks next hand and we're pretty sure to pick up a better hand than we've just seen, we're also more likely to either be vs one opponent or be limped on a see a flop. We only need to get lucky once with high blinds to have a fighting chance.

There's definitely a folding range here for me.