You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

GG TJ Cloutier?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    $9.7M now that is impressive! Maybe even more impressive to able to blow that sort of cash on house games!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
     2009  8k profit

2008  78k profit 

seems this is where he didn't make enough to sustain his house game habit !
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: GG TJ Cloutier?:
     2009  8k profit 2008  78k profit  seems this is where he didn't make enough to sustain his house game habit !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Unfortunately Rover, Online Databases of Live "Winnings" are constructed in a very peculiar way.

They take NO account of "losses" - they are simply a total of the Cashes the player has. So, a Player could spend $1,000,000 in Entry Fees in a year, earn gross cashes of $20,000, & his Online Database would say he had "won" $20,000, which is obviously a nonsense, as in fact, he'd have lost $980,000. But that's how they do it. The Databases also only record Live Tournament Cashes, & do not include Live (B & M) Cash-Game wins or losses.

TJ has barely played Live Tournament Poker in the last few years. It's a widely held view, & one to which I subscruibe, that he remains an outstanding player, but I'm afraid his "leaks" have been the undoing of him, as with so many other fine poker players. 
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    sorry but if t j cloutier still isnt a winning poker player then i give up the game
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited February 2010
    [x] winnings
    [  ] profit
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2010
    yes that has been covered already

the man probably owes large sums to all of his fellow players from that era and do they care? i doubt it