You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dinner whilst playing

Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
What's everyone's routine on this? I know I find it difficult during a grind to go into the kitchen and cook up something decent...I suppose its a lot easier for cash players, but what do the tourney regs do every night? Or is it mostly a case of eat before you play?

Comments

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited January 2018
    It is a good question IMO.

@Tikay10 's 'Fat Club' thread has resulted in a group of players losing a reasonable amount of weight so far. I wonder at the same time how many thousands of tons have been gained collectively by all the individuals who have taken up online poker since it was introduced.

Sofia Lovegren posts a lot of photos of grind session meals and the comparison with my own grind session meals makes me cringe. Her plates are usually filled with berries, melon and the like. My rituals are usually as follows...

Cigarettes - check
    Gallons of coffee - check
    High fat content snacks - check

Then when the session ends I will eat an excessively calorie laden meal as if I had been out hunter gathering for a month.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,359
    I fire up remote access from my mobile to PC, I can then cook whilst attending to my tables via my phone, I usually try to time the meal to be ready for 55 past the hour.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited January 2018
    Chicken and mushroom pot noodle that is suitable for vegetarians :D
    i enjoy ordering take away and getting chicken vindaloo :D
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,009
    Wife brings me dinner.
    Daughter is in charge of coffee.
    Son is in charge of bringing beer and whisky.

It's a tough life....
  • Options
    adsthepro7adsthepro7 Member Posts: 264
    slowcooker - beef - veg - gravy - 8 hours later - break food ;)
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    @cpfc_2010 has a butler
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    mumsie said:

I fire up remote access from my mobile to PC, I can then cook whilst attending to my tables via my phone, I usually try to time the meal to be ready for 55 past the hour.

GTO meal strats ;)
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    edited January 2018
    Steak 2 eggs a mountain of chips two slice bread and butter,40 cigs,a two litre bottle of irn bru (diet) 6 packets of crisps a couple of choc biscuits and 6 to 8 cups of coffee,is a normal night playing online poker for me.
    I don't eat anything at daytime,get home from work cook my dinner and sit down with it and start playing poker.
    In total I drink 4 litres of irn bru a day (diet),ime about a stone over weight,but I work hard,and walk about a marathon distance a day,so that helps keep it down
  • Options

Steak 2 eggs a mountain of chips two slice bread and butter,40 cigs,a two litre bottle of irn bru (diet) 6 packets of crisps a couple of choc biscuits and 6 to 8 cups of coffee,is a normal night playing online poker for me.

PMSL. I love the insertion of (diet) after the 2l bottle of Irn Bru, that has genuinely cracked me up, gg :D

• Options
    Makes me feel good sticking to diet irn bru
  • Options
    You edited your post after I made my comment!

Each to their own, live and let live. I wouldn't judge anybody by how they live or what they choose to eat/drink/smoke and in what quantities- I just genuinely thought you were joking. I misread the tone of your post (the first one without the explanation you inserted afterwards :s). I feel like an idiot. Sorry.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    At one point, I kept a George Foreman grill and a kettle on a coffee table next to my PC, and had a beer fridge which I would fill up with burgers/sausages and soft drinks from the main fridge before a session.

Looking back, it would've probs been +EV to stop playing to make food.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Either have someone that can cook for you or have something that can be cooked in a microwave in the 5min break.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    Snack of Champions
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    I'm with Phil the missus cooks I get me own bottle of Jack tho and I make brews in the break
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    Stop it lads, don't tell everyone what you had for dinner! It's an insightful tell, I tell you!
  • Options
    No need to be sorry mynafrett, I love my grub.
    I work for myself,and its hard physical work,working for myself its easy to just say feck it some days and go home,but I don't,I stay out and do a full shift,and the thing that keeps me going on those days,is looking forward to my dinner when I get home.
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159

I don't eat anything at daytime,get home from work cook my dinner and sit down with it and start playing poker.
    In total I drink 4 litres of irn bru a day (diet),ime about a stone over weight,but I work hard,and walk about a marathon distance a day,so that helps keep it down

Would it be more accurate to describe the steak as a fraction of a cow? It just doesn't feel like "steak" tells the full story judging by the rest of the meal :)