You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Super Sunday Main Event Result

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited January 2018 in Poker Chat
Morning all.

For some reason, last night's £50,000 Super Sunday Main Event does not seem to appear on Sharky, or if it does, I can't find it, so here's the results for you;

@JJBinks 4800000 1 £6565 + Entry to £30k Manchester Live Final + £1329.23 Head Prizes 12 £369.80

@railtard11 11 0 2 £3822 + £962.40 Head Prizes 12

@TONY509 0 3 £2314 + £558.06 Head Prizes 7

@cpfc_2010 0 4 £1851.20 + £1016.06 Head Prizes 14

@stack_u 0 5 £1560 + £457.60 Head Prizes 6

@WALMBNNHWP 0 6 £1271.40 + £487.50 Head Prizes 9

Comments

• Options

Congrats to all 6 of the Finalists.

A special "well done" has to go to Binksy, who I seem to recall won a Free Entry to it in one of the Promos?

He collected just shy of £8,000 in cash, plus he becomes the first ever qualifier into Road To Manchester, where, potentially, he could win up to £10,000 more.

Am really looking forward to meeting him & all the other qualifiers in Manchester.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2018
    Congrats Binks
  • Options

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Poker are going to withhold the winnings of @JJBinks unless he writes a little summary of how his win unfolded, from start to finish, including some of the key hands. *

* May not be true.

Bet he feels pretty good this morning.

• Options

I'm keen to know how Binksy found it to play against @railtard11

I've watched @railtard11 run over his table at the WSOP Main, & shared tables with him recently at an SPT. Jeez, he's tough to play.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited January 2018
    I can tell you something, early on in the MTT his JJ AIPF hit a J on the river vs KK for his MTT life. I’d like to hear his version too as I stopped watching at about 25 left
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Congrats Mr Binks!
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

I can tell you something, early on in the MTT his JJ hit a J on the river vs KK! Lol

oooh.

Guess to win something like this, you need a few of those.

So he was 1 card away from busto, but found his 2 outer. Bet there was a bit of a fist pump jump in Chez Binks when that hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqISFyWGg0

• Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Congrats to all 6 of the Finalists.

A special "well done" has to go to Binksy, who I seem to recall won a Free Entry to it in one of the Promos?

He collected just shy of £8,000 in cash, plus he becomes the first ever qualifier into Road To Manchester, where, potentially, he could win up to £10,000 more.

Am really looking forward to meeting him & all the other qualifiers in Manchester.

Thank you Tikay for the kind words, did buy direct in to this one but won a free roll for last weeks one but bricked it :(

really looking forward to meeting you guys in Manchester cant wait :)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'm keen to know how Binksy found it to play against @railtard11

I've watched @railtard11 run over his table at the WSOP Main, & shared tables with him recently at an SPT. Jeez, he's tough to play.

He is a very good aggressive player, I just ran better than him in the important spots I think.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

I can tell you something, early on in the MTT his JJ AIPF hit a J on the river vs KK for his MTT life. I’d like to hear his version too as I stopped watching at about 25 left

Sometimes you just got to Bink :)
  • Options

We must not forget @railtard11 had a pretty good night too - in addition to runner-up in the Biggie for nearly £5,000, he collected another £2,000 for winning the £10,000 Guaranteed jobbie which started just half an hour earlier.

The man's a beast.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited January 2018
    JJBinks said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Sometimes you just got to Bink :)
    .......especially with JJ when it's your Alias ! :):)

CONGRATS...... very well played
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Well done, very nice score!

Not much sleep last night? :p
  • Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    Very patient play, laddering up to 4th coming into the final table as one of the shortest stacks without doing too much! Then after nursing the short stack for a long time, @JJBinks burst in to life! Binks' AQ vs Tony's J4cc on Q567cc was the one hand that sticks out in my mind that put @JJBinks into the chip lead..
  • Options
    Thank you guys, had about 3 hrs sleep lol still adrenalin pumped feel like playing for 24hrs.

@Implicityy the AQ hand was the game changer for me, it allowed me to find some more gears, very glad it held :) nursing the short stack can be frustrating, you think the spots wont come round, but new it was right not to force things.
  • Options
    railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    good work, wp.
    Seemed to play the short stack well from what i saw and then things went your way late on.
    Was one hand 3 handed, intrigued to know what you had, i checked back flop, then you c/r turn on QJ4Qddx, i call and you shoved 1.4x pot on Kx river.
    Was calling most rivers but the K is relatively bad. Felt your value would/should go bigger on turn to set up a more natural sized shove on river, and given my range is pretty capped (or at least perceived to be capped) its a spot you might take. River isnt good though, 9T/AT get there and just decreases the bluff combos imo. I had A4o fwiw. Think its an OK hand to call with, but no time bank etc. Just "felt" like you had the 89o/T8o haha, but given i hadnt seen you get out of line had to fold.
    Had the 89hh or T8dd or summit yeh? :-)
    good work anyway! Gl in manchester
  • Options

Ha.

Don't tell him Binks.

;)

Seriously, great to read some thoughts from Mark. Post more please.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Nice bink, Mr Binks. Well played.

Of course, when it is NOT your day, someone shoves on your blind for 20 bigs with 9 6 off and gets there...:(
  • Options
    adsthepro7adsthepro7 Member Posts: 264
    Congrats @JJBinks. Decent nights work, GL in Manchester :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018

good work, wp.
    Seemed to play the short stack well from what i saw and then things went your way late on.
    Was one hand 3 handed, intrigued to know what you had, i checked back flop, then you c/r turn on QJ4Qddx, i call and you shoved 1.4x pot on Kx river.
    Was calling most rivers but the K is relatively bad. Felt your value would/should go bigger on turn to set up a more natural sized shove on river, and given my range is pretty capped (or at least perceived to be capped) its a spot you might take. River isnt good though, 9T/AT get there and just decreases the bluff combos imo. I had A4o fwiw. Think its an OK hand to call with, but no time bank etc. Just "felt" like you had the 89o/T8o haha, but given i hadnt seen you get out of line had to fold.
    Had the 89hh or T8dd or summit yeh? :-)
    good work anyway! Gl in manchester

@railtard11 cant be sure the exact hand but I think I had 2 hands where I used over bets, one was a fewwww pray you fold and one was value, but as I say cant be sure which hands they are. sorry that does not help, was pretty nackerd from the whole day grinding at that point.

Thanks for the nice words about my short stack play very kind, and do think I ran well to close it out.