You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Binksy Diary - Lets try to bink our way to 50k

JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
edited February 2018 in Poker Chat
Thought this might be a good time to start a diary to help with my progress and keep track.

About me - I am 37, I have lived in Wales for 2 years but from Surrey originally, going to move back to Surrey with in the next 12 months, outside of poker I am an electrician and lucky enough to have my own business, got kids and crazy Spanish wife who I love a lot :) every thing I do in business and poker is for them really they give me the drive to have a solid work ethic.

I have lived a crazy life, so got some life story's I don't mind sharing (good and bad :)) Ill add through my diary, might make for some interesting reading as well as updates on poker.

- getting a lot of money to young and nearly losing my life to a cocaine overdose at the age of 17 and how that changed my life.
- My battle with ADHD and how that's had an effect on my life
- being born in to a Romany Gypsies family, pros and cons of that.
- learning to fight from the age of 6 and wanting to become a pro boxer - as well as me now training my son.
- living and working in Marbella Spain going from big house and pool living the dream to the worst 7 days of my life - spending 7 days in a notorious hard Spanish jail to walking out a free man in 7 days (but some crazy experiences during the 7 days)
- In family business rivalry, with me, my brothers and cousins who own some of the biggest building/plumbing/car spraying company's in the uk.

so just some of the things ill talk about to make things not so poker related all the time, I don't mind talking about them as I am my own boss and don't have a fear of getting fired if some one work related read this lol

on to poker -

aim is to make 50k profit from Mtts, some of you know I have got off to a good start having a record 15k month with Mtts and have won a seat to Manchester in March so looking forward to that.

Results so far on Sky only.

doing ok over a small sample but I know I have a lot of work to do on my game, hence the reason for the diary.

sorry if my spelling or grammar is not up to scratch I am no Duesenberg when it comes to writing that's for sure I left school with no qualification so everything self taught.

every thing in this diary poker related will be positive and constructive so no bad beat story's or anything negative, its just I find I get further with things if everything is kept in a positive mind-set.

Wish me luck this should be fun.

Binksy

Comments

• Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    good luck, look forward to.seeing your progress. 15k is not a bad start nice one, i will follow to see how you do. mabye ill learn a thing or two. although ill Mainly be playing plo8 dyms for now.

seems you have had some rough and good times. looking forward to this.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,469
    I wish you luck, fascinating opening post.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    Really interesting opening post, good luck with this.
    Have you any time-span you aim to achieve your goals within?
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Fascinating. That potted history - your age, bugle, boxing, jail, leaving school with no qualifications - was almost the complete opposite to how I imagined you. I had you pegged as a 22 year-old physics grad or similar. Some read by me, that.

Good luck with this - looking forward to following.
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 318
    Great first diary post.
    Best of luck with your challenge, I look forward to doing battle with you in the future.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,485
    Sorry Binksy but you’re going to have to up your game if you want views.
    It needs a bit of interesting stuff like tales of the ups and downs of £11 dyms, playing golf badly, Derby losing etc

Best of luck with it :)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,485
    SR23 said:

Fascinating. That potted history - your age, bugle, boxing, jail, leaving school with no qualifications - was almost the complete opposite to how I imagined you. I had you pegged as a 22 year-old physics grad or similar. Some read by me, that.

You’re not alone with the bad read :)
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    JJBinks said:

- getting a lot of money to young and nearly losing my life to a cocaine overdose at the age of 17 and how that changed my life.
    - being born in to a Romany gypsies family, pros and cons of that.
    - learning to fight from the age of 6 and wanting to become a pro boxer - as well as me now training my son.

This is basically my life I was weirded out reading it!

Best of luck mate will follow with interest

• Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    Good luck @JJBinks, Good luck with the diary - nice run in the mini major on sunday as well! :)
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Quality opening ! This should be a top input to the Sky diaries .
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Really interesting opening post, good luck with this.
    Have you any time-span you aim to achieve your goals within?

@FeelGroggy ty, not really got a time set to achieve this goal, as long as I can improve my game that is what is more important to me.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Jac35 said:

It needs a bit of interesting stuff like tales of the ups and downs of £11 dyms, playing golf badly, Derby losing etc

Agreed - he's not even said whether or not he has cold showers. Amateur.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Jac35 said:

@Jac35 Jac I love reading your diary I will be happy if I can have half the success you have with yours
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Itsover4u said:

JJBinks said:

- being born in to a Romany gypsies family, pros and cons of that.

This is basically my life I was weirded out reading it!

Best of luck mate will follow with interest

@Itsover4u I know a lot of things have been tough in my life and assuming yours but I have learnt to take positive things from them and use it latter on in life to better myself, thank you for the best wishes.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Good luck @JJBinks, Good luck with the diary - nice run in the mini major on sunday as well! :)

@Implicityy every time you rail me I seem to get god mode :) its like you are my lucky charm.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    cpfc_2010 said:

Great first diary post.
    Best of luck with your challenge, I look forward to doing battle with you in the future.

@cpfc_2010 ty, Battling you most days you are very tough to play against very solid reg.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    SR23 said:

@SR23 thanks for the good luck wishes will try to smash it, lesson I learnt from a young age never to judge a book by its cover even more so in business.
  • Options
    Thanks for the good luck @mumsie and @Chris_Mc and every one
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Best of luck Binksy - it's already a fascinating read.

Will you be including your MTT results from other sites in this?

Are you still playing any cash too?

I'll be following with interest :).
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Best of luck Binksy - it's already a fascinating read.

Will you be including your MTT results from other sites in this?

Are you still playing any cash too?

I'll be following with interest :).

@Duesenberg
    Hi m8, I do play on 3 other bigger sites under different names I play what I think is the best value games and add them to my schedule, but ill try to do the 50k just with sky poker, I don't think Tikay would be to happy with me posting HHs or names of other sites with results on here so I will keep it simple and just go with shark scope sky poker results.

Not playing cash games at all now putting 100% focus on studding MTTs getting ready for Manchester.