You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Binksy Diary - Lets try to bink our way to 50k

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    JJBinks said:

I have a question in relation to ICM on FT if any experienced MTT grinder might be able to help me with?

I am starting to get a good understanding with risk premiums, future game and collision likelihood and how that effects our range at standard final tables, but what I am struggling with is how bounty's would change the ICM factors and what adjustment's I should be making or taking in to account with bounty hunter FT.
    @Itsover4u
    @Jac35
    @MattBates
    @IH8UButler
    @LnarinOO

if I have not put your name on the list its just that I am pushed for time so doing this very quick, but would put a lot more players who I think are great Mtts players and could help me

Huh?

@Jac35?

Are you serious?

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    I’m not particularly well qualified to answer this but i know a man who is. I’ll send Cpfc (Eamonn) your way :)
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

I’m not particularly well qualified to answer this but i know a man who is. I’ll send Cpfc (Eamonn) your way :)

Ladies & Gentlemen, there you have a masterclass in the art of under-statement.
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    A very quick response while at work.
    As you are no doubt aware the importance of bounties decreases the deeper you go in a bounty hunter tournament. I learnt loads about this from a video series on tournament poker edge by Mattew "theginger45" Hunt.
    He explains it much better than i can.
    I think i read that you are going to the SPT, would be great to meet up.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    MynaFrett said:

This is looking like being another fantastic read. Instantly bookmarked. We really are being spoiled this year in terms of quality diaries from interesting chaps- I actually spend more time in the Sky forum than I do at the Sky tables these days...

Maybe your diary will inspire me to get back on the Sky MTT grind @JJBinks, @Duesenberg 's certainly hasn't... :p

Whinging post about low stakes cash games and exciting tales of new slippers? There's clearly no pleasing some people!

I suppose in all fairness it's hard to compete with fascinating back stories and +£15k months :smile:.
  • Options
    JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited February 2018
    cpfc_2010 said:

As you are no doubt aware the importance of bounties decreases the deeper you go in a bounty hunter tournament. I learnt loads about this from a video series on tournament poker edge by Mattew "theginger45" Hunt.
    He explains it much better than I can.
    I think I read that you are going to the SPT, would be great to meet up.

@cpfc_2010 thank you will check that out, would be great to meet up, but I think the seat I won with the main was for March (the road to Manchester 30K event seat) if its that one you are going to ill get you a few drinks for sure.
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

cpfc_2010 said:

@cpfc_2010 thank you will check that out, would be great to meet up, but I think the seat I won with the main was for March (the road to Manchester 30K event seat) if its that one you are going to ill get you a few drinks for sure.
    Correct - but you could win a free seat to SPT Manchester here........

https://community.skypoker.com/discussion/173033/hurry-hurry-20-free-seats-to-manchester-spt-to-be-won#latest
  • Options
    edited February 2018

MynaFrett said:

This is looking like being another fantastic read. Instantly bookmarked. We really are being spoiled this year in terms of quality diaries from interesting chaps- I actually spend more time in the Sky forum than I do at the Sky tables these days...

Maybe your diary will inspire me to get back on the Sky MTT grind @JJBinks, @Duesenberg 's certainly hasn't... :p

Whinging post about low stakes cash games and exciting tales of new slippers? There's clearly no pleasing some people!

I suppose in all fairness it's hard to compete with fascinating back stories and +£15k months :smile:.
    @Duesenberg
    Love reading the diary, I don't think I care much about what you write (in a good way) its just how you write that does it for me slippers or no slippers :) could read it all day every day think its great.
  • Options
    @Jac35 thanks for sending Cpfc (Eamonn) my way much appreciated, by the way love the banter between you and Tikay :)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    JJBinks said:

MynaFrett said:

@Duesenberg
    Love reading the dairy, I don't think I care much about what you write (in a good way) its just how you write that does it for me slippers or no slippers :) could read it all day every day think its great.
    I can't resist milking this one :D.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    JJBinks said:

@Jac35 thanks for sending Cpfc (Eamonn) my way much appreciated, by the way love the banter between you and Tikay :)

Banter?

It's not banter - I don't like him.

Did you know he had the insolence, the temerity, the gall, to call me - ME - with J-J when I shoved on him for £500 in a cash game? What does he think my range was there?

Fortunately, I'm not bitter, & it's not occupied my mind since it happened in 2008.

It was so disrespectful.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

JJBinks said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Yay finally! Goodluck buddy I’ll follow with interest,

Great first post. Don’t worry about the spelling, no one should be judging you on that :)

Run well mate.

@KOBAYASHI ty m8 need my fish on a heater back its gone for 2 days :(
    Hope you smash it mate, I know you will over time. Iv had a week off and will be back Friday back in the grind!
    @KOBAYASHI
    Hope you had a nice time off, I have booked a trip to Rome (not been before) for when the kids get school holidays really looking forward to seeing the colosseum and Sistine Chapel should be a good break.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Tikay10 said:

JJBinks said:

Banter?

It's not banter - I don't like him.

Did you know he had the insolence, the temerity, the gall, to call me - ME - with J-J when I shoved on him for £500 in a cash game? What does he think my range was there?

Fortunately, I'm not bitter, & it's not occupied my mind since it happened in 2008.

It was so disrespectful.
    LOL how dare he......

will also check that link out thank you Tikay.
  • Options

JJBinks said:

MynaFrett said:

@Duesenberg
    Love reading the dairy, I don't think I care much about what you write (in a good way) its just how you write that does it for me slippers or no slippers :) could read it all day every day think its great.
    I can't resist milking this one :D.

you get me every time :)
  • Options
    LnarinOOLnarinOO Member Posts: 545
    Hi mate, having to reply on my phone as I have no internet for few days =( house renovation going here !
    in regards to how BH tourneys affect icm.. they can influence decisions as they will have higher $EV outcomes which may mean you want to call slightly wider then normal. I think especially on sky poker where you keep 75% on the bounty as apposed to 50% in other cases. for instance someone Jams utg for 15bb and usually u might want say AQ to call .. maybe with the added $ in bounty then u might want to call Aj+.. the later you get and for our question in particular on final tables this may not be the case as laddering and the chance to win your own bounty plus top place money outweighs the added $ incentive.. the importance to win it all becomes priority..

• Options
    LnarinOO said:

Hi mate, having to reply on my phone as I have no internet for few days =( house renovation going here !
    in regards to how BH tourneys affect icm.. they can influence decisions as they will have higher $EV outcomes which may mean you want to call slightly wider then normal. I think especially on sky poker where you keep 75% on the bounty as apposed to 50% in other cases. for instance someone Jams utg for 15bb and usually u might want say AQ to call .. maybe with the added $ in bounty then u might want to call Aj+.. the later you get and for our question in particular on final tables this may not be the case as laddering and the chance to win your own bounty plus top place money outweighs the added $ incentive.. the importance to win it all becomes priority..

exactly what I was looking for thanks @LnarinOO
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    JJBinks said:

cpfc_2010 said:

You really don't know what your getting yourself into.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    JJBinks said:

I have a question in relation to ICM on FT if any experienced MTT grinder might be able to help me with?

I am starting to get a good understanding with risk premiums, future game and collision likelihood and how that effects our range at standard final tables, but what I am struggling with is how bounty's would change the ICM factors and what adjustment's I should be making or taking in to account with bounty hunter FT.
    @Itsover4u
    @Jac35
    @FeelGroggy
    @MattBates
    @IH8UButler
    @LnarinOO

if I have not put your name on the list its just that I am pushed for time so doing this very quick, but would put a lot more players who I think are great Mtts players and could help me

Jackson, can you answer please? I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

All the best with the diary and poker, buddy. I'm sure you'll crush it all and win the lot.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited February 2018
    Hi mate il try and keep this simple if possible as this can be quite tricky.

But lets say the mtt is a £10 buy in (£5 buyin £5 on your head)

5k starting stack

each ko you get 50% of the bounty and 50% on your head.

you know each £5 is = to 1,250chips as 50% you keep but the other 50% is on your head obviously mtts vary on percentages so this is something you need to be aware of.

in this situation spots to call that would not be profitable to call in regular mtt's can actually become profitable in bounty hunters.

If you dont look at the bounty in terms of money but chips then its much easier to make profitable decisions

your stack is actually worth a little more as if you win the mtt you also keep the bounty on your head so there is extra value.

There is also value in making sure you are not the short stack at the table as you have zero opportunity to take bounties.

Not sure iv explained this perfectly and i actually think my math is off at a glance but you get the drift :)

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys with my ICM question I have got a better understanding of it now.

Couldn’t play poker last night, work had all my time taken up.

A few times a year I get jobs from this customer who still lives in Spain but comes here to buy property from auction then rent out, kind of his thing he likes to do, when he has a rake of them to do we go in a do a full re wire of each domestic property he has, the only down side to this type of work is having to work away from home for a good few weeks depending how many he has.

I have learnt the value of keeping customers coming back to you, I always take the line of under promising with jobs then over delivering with my work and it seems to work out very well, keeping good customers is like managing money, its not so hard to make money for anyone if they put there mind to it and work really hard, but the real skill and tricky part is keeping hold of the money, exactly the same with customers in my experience.

I’ve seen this happen a lot, have to say mostly in the building industry, I have met builders that have made millions in a very short space of time 2 years or so then lose the lot over night from miss management of jobs or not managing money situations well, so if you ever look to start your own business I would say they are the key fundamentals to get right from day one or it might catch you out some way down the line.

Anyway, enough about that, my work side of things might not be so interesting to people as this is a poker forum and they come here to read about poker, so this is just to let you know ill be working away for a bit and wont be able to play or study poker until this jobs finished and then when I’m back I will be back on the grind and diary, ill start with my experience in a Spanish jail as I think that’s one I’m getting asked a lot for, ill do it in 2 parts, part 1 the lead up to my arrest and then part 2 getting to jail and what its like, and what experiences I had during my time spent in there.

Just as a side note when I do give you the full run down of Spanish jail it might have details of some things that you might think bit wow or ohhh, but nothing to strong or out of hand, for example as a scale on the details I will explain if it was film I would rate it a 15 not a PG but not an 18 if you know what I mean, so just as a pre warning (no need to worry Tikay ) :)

Hope you all run golden glgl

Binksy