You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cheltenham Corner. For tips, whispers, bankers and stinkers.

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544
Please use this thread for any Tips etc for the Cheltenham 2018 Festival.

It can also be used for any horses which should be avoided.

When posting, PLEASE state Day or Date, Horse's name and time to make it easier for anyone to follow. Also say if win or each way. For example...

Tuesday 13th March - 2.10pm - Saint Calvados . To win.

I dont really want loads and loads of betting slips copied into here, but any success over the bookies will be happily received.
I may do a daily summary of Tips in this OP if we get a few in.

DID YOU KNOW
? (I have genuinely only found this out this week)...

NAP - The word doesn't actually abbreviate to anything and originates from the card game Napoleon, where the best hand you can have is called a Napoleon, shortened to a nap

GOOD LUCK ALL

Comments

• Options
    SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    Great idea Max, will follow with interest.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,323
    well done Alan lets hope the winners are abundant
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    When will JOCKEY bookings be known?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    some at 4 day declarations stage I think, but they can change right up to race. most will be settled next Monday. So as you have entered Fantasy Cheltenham that is the time to do amendments to your jockeys/trainers list as you can do them once festival has started
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    I'm pretty sure that it's 5 day declarations initially now, and then Final Declarations will be 48hours (by 10am 2 days before, so 10am Sunday 11th for Tuesday 13th) with Cheltenham being a Major Festival. Though if a jockey gets injured or is ill, then he can be replaced right up 'til about 20minutes before the race.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,314
    looking forward to recouping the 20 I lost on the last EW tip I followed...it wasn't from Misty but he' s my racing guru so if he says bet and lose, I bet and lose....seriously I know less about HR than I do about poker so will be following tips with great interest

GL
  • Options
    YOU CAN TAKE THESE AS TIPS

CHAMPION BUMPER -Didtheyleaveuoutto @ 6/1
    RYANAIR -Cue Card @ 7/1
    STAYERS HURDLE-Sam Spinner @ 5/1
    MARES NOVICE HURDLE-Maria's Benefit @ 6/1
    TRIMPH HURDLE- Apple's Shakira @ 11/4
    5 Folds, 1 bet * £0.50 E/W ALSO E W TREBLES AND FOURFOLDS
  • Options
    Cheers Vaigret, perhaps I'll recoup the 20p Misty caused me to lose on my 10p EW on the Blackpool donkey masquerading as a legitimate Racehorse!

An interesting juxtaposition is apart from cards, I'm not a gambler anywhere but I'll look to risk a few quid EW on these and I'll report back with beer if I win

Jezza( Misty4me that is) YOUR tips please?
  • Options
    Even with my bad math( as my teacher daughter in California says) a £1 EW on all of Vaigret's tips should result in me winning

£7.50, 8.75, 6.25, 7.50 and 4.60something....so approx £35+ for £10 stake...stuff this poker rubbish, gonna use my old age pension this way instead!
  • Options
    mad prof really go for it,

either have only a £1 win on each and spend the other £5 on 10 e/w trebles, 5 ew fourfolds and one ew fivefold. Or if you really feeling swish just add the ew multiples to your ew singles
  • Options
    Hey Vaigret, great advice on the multiple betting approach- if only I understood how to place that range! Presumably on an online site, these options are transparent and intuitive on the site....

I’ve got an easier solution, though... I’m gonna send Misty4me £10 and get him to place the bets as you suggest, and as I’m a swish kinda guy anyway, I’ll do swish! Thanks again for the tips
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    i really like presenting percy been following this horse for quite a while now,not sure which race its running in yet ,which ever got some decent ante post bets on both races for it nr nb,jumps for fun good cruising speed previous cheltenham winner got just beat by our duke last time over a trip to short for both horses.hello father hope you are well.
  • Options
    andybuck said:

i really like presenting percy been following this horse for quite a while now,not sure which race its running in yet ,which ever got some decent ante post bets on both races for it nr nb,jumps for fun good cruising speed previous cheltenham winner got just beat by our duke last time over a trip to short for both horses.hello father hope you are well.

Sure am mate and hoping you good too. Hope you have a great cheltenham
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited March 2018
    Hi Max and all.

Rather than repeating everything I have posted on other threads, I'll just throw this link in:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/comment/981742

GL all!
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    Great idea for a thread. Will read with interest, good luck with bets.

With Sky's stake back as free bet if you lose on first race of the day at Cheltenham I am interested on chances in the days first races because if you pick a winner great, if not you could use free bet on next day's first race etc!
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    Brrrrrrr said:

With Sky's stake back as free bet if you lose on first race of the day at Cheltenham I am interested on chances in the days first races because if you pick a winner great, if not you could use free bet on next day's first race etc!

FYI Brrrrrr..... you don't get the FREE BET stake back, only the profit from the winnings so you are better having your free bet on another race, but it's a great offer and worth staking whatever you can afford up to the £20 Limit on the first race each day.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    MISTY4ME said:

Brrrrrrr said:

FYI Brrrrrr..... you don't get the FREE BET stake back, only the profit from the winnings so you are better having your free bet on another race, but it's a great offer and worth staking whatever you can afford up to the £20 Limit on the first race each day.
    That's a fair point - more sense to have it on another race, I realise you don't get free bet stake back.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544
    Guys.....despite my request in the OP, some tips have been put up without the DAY & TIME of race. Not everyone will know the NAME of each race, so can we all add the required info from now on please....cheers.
  • Options
    Sorry alan I take my telling off LOL in good grace here you go

WED-14/3 - 5.30 - CHAMPION BUMPER -Didtheyleaveuoutto @ 6/1
    THURS- 15/3 - 2.50- RYANAIR -Cue Card @ 7/1
    15/3 - 3.30- STAYERS HURDLE-Sam Spinner @ 5/1
    15/3- 4.50 - MARES NOVICE HURDLE-Maria's Benefit @ 6/1
    FRIDAY- 16/3 - 1.30 - TRIuMPH HURDLE- Apple's Shakira @ 11/4
    5 Folds, 1 bet * £0.50 E/W ALSO E W TREBLES AND FOURFOLDS

AND IF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FOLLOW THEM STILL STRUGGLE TELL THEM TO ASK ME TO PUT BET ON
  • Options
    quite right, Vaigret- take your punishment for making me look at the race card to find these donkeys of Satan, which I'm going to invest easily earnt cash on this week.

Let's hope I win bizillions so I don't have to flagulate you with a crusty nun!

GL this week