You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS, Review of Day One

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,274
edited April 2018 in Poker Chat
Morning all, off we go again.

Before we shuffle up and deal Mini UKOPS, if you enjoy televised sport, what a feast we are being treated to this week.

On Tuesday, goal machine Ronaldo produced a stunner.....

What was best, Ronaldo's goal, or the similar one Rooney scored a few years back?

A day later, who would have predicted Liverpool 3, Man City 0, with City having zero shots on target?

Meanwhile, for channel hoppers, the Masters Par 3 competition - admittedly a bit of a knockabout mickey mouse affair - was won by a perfect gentleman, Tom Watson, a man who has graced golf for decades, but is no less than 68 years old. Here he is flanked by Jack Nicklaus & Gary Player. Man, those 3 could tell a few golf stories.

Still to come, Arsenal tonight, then on Saturday, Everton - Liverpool followed by Man City - Man United, then the last 2 days of The Masters.

How lucky are we?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    OK, Mini UKOPS it is all the way now.

4 events to get the ball rolling, all of them Bounty Hunters, being 3 regular ones plus a Turbo Rebuy.

Not great to see the numbers, 3 of them missed Guarantee, & only the Turbo Rebuy got over the Guarantee line. Only flesh wounds, but not ideal for the future of Mini UKOPS. Anyone want to speculate why the numbers were less than hoped for? Can we blame the Liverpool - Man City game? Can't have helped.

Good fun, nonetheless, oh yes.

Right, enough preambly waffle, as Pink sung, lets get this party started.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUptBgyzbyg
  • Options

Mini UKOPS 01, 6.30pm Wednesday, £2.20 entry £500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

Early departures included @MynaFrett in 192nd, presumably a cooler or the foot was hard to the floor, @Mintsauce9 was like a lamb to the slaughter in 185th, @86notout out in 184th, (if only he'd been 86th), & @GREGHOGG in 184th.

Bounty monies only for @HENDRIK62 (how did HE bust anyone?), @edrich, @neenio and Twitch Bloke @adsthepro7.

17th was @timeforbed, Guitar Bloke @Duesenberg 16th and @brinna12.....11th.

First Final table departure was @RONC, then @darryl1976, @PuRePoiSo6.

In 3rd, making and playing only his 2nd ever MTT on Sky Poker was @fox10304. Nice start Fox.

Heads up was between @Boxster, who does so much highly commendable Community work here, & @Patrigo1.

Boxy had been low stack with 8 left, laddered a treat, but had a 3:1 chip defecit Heads Up, & the chips all went in pre flop with Boxy holding A-8 & Patrigo snapping him with 8-8.

The 2-3-5 flop gave Boxy 4 extra outs, but it was Wednesday, & we all know the RNG rarely delivers Aces on the board on Wednesdays, so that was that, the Board running out 7 high.

Good win by @Patrigo1 and a fine effort by a man who has an alias named after his jam jar.

• Options

Mini UKOPS 02, 7.30pm Wednesday, £5.50 entry £1,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

This baby missed by just 7 runners, but a decent turnout I guess.

Early departures this time included @Dazler (289th), @adsthepro7 (282nd) and @MAXALLY 277th.

2 cashes from 2 for @PuRePoiSo6 in 24th.

Sky Poker 9 year veteran @Ludovician was 23rd, @mkgunner (who has way too many shiny spinning Sharky gold stars) was 15th, @Kerrnal 14th, and a smashing bloke & Plopper @Whizzewky in 10th.

@Brrrrrrr, another great Community bloke wanted a mention & 8th did the job.

6th was @dont-ask, then @woody207 with the very profitable @Baldeag1e in 4th.

Bottom of the podium was @bri106 who ran 2nd in Big UKOPS 34 on Monday so he's having a cracking week.

Runner-up was @claytov, who boasts a very decent 37% ROI over a 6,000+ sample size.

The winner, who, albeit over a much smaller sample - 309 - has an even better ROI of 70%. Yikes, congrats to @Bartosz99. Good week for him, too, as he ran 7th in the Big UKOPS Main on Monday.

Good game, good game.

• Options

Mini UKOPS 03, 8.30pm Wednesday, £11.00 entry £4,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

This was the evening's Mini UKOPS Main, for which there were 355 runners.

It was all over in a trice in 350th place for @Tsaaaar who did so well last week, and despite a CV which boasts 21st in the WSOP Main @lolufold soon followed in 348th. His CV also boasts a Level 2 exit in the 2011 WSOP. How that happen? Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSrH8KwXBD8

@Mintsauce9 was having a bad night, after that early exit in the first he exited in 340th here, and it was little better for @thisltedu (333rd) or @memfno (326th).

@MynaFrett was warming to the task (43rd) with @Summers119 40th, and THE THUG @tomgoodun 32nd.

Despite making no less than EIGHT Final Tables last night (how many?) @loololollo fell short in this one, finishing a mere 26th. Knew he was useless.

Two hotpots did well, though not as well as last week, with @ash066pts 18th & young @devil_tear 10th. Loved that 3-2 bluff devil_tear played last week, but it's one of those "don't try this at home" things. I do it all the time, obv.

6th went to @flushmenow, 5th was @tissyloo, with @maza8311 4th.

Collecting his biggest ever win on Sky Poker in 3rd was @Willybongo, while, just 3 months into their Sky Poker MTT career was @Sarahg114 in the runner-up stall.

You'd need very good eyes to have predicted @longsight could win this, but he did so in fine style and his Sharky graph now ends with a fine uptick.

I was surprised to learn that Longsight is actually a place in Manchester, & judging by this photo, it's in the posh part of Manchester.

• Options

Mini UKOPS 04, 9.30pm Wednesday, £3.30 entry £1,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter

Like a bat out of h ell, @meatloaf11 departed in 257th, and @Suarez1984 failed to score in 221st.

50th on his Sky Poker debut evening was @fox10304, and @MAXALLY saved his evening with mini money in 38th 11 spots behind hotshoe @heddoh18.

24th went to @BooBooTheB who did so well in Big UKOPS when he won Monday's UKOPS Main, and I must thank him for the lovely PM he sent me last night. So many people PM'd me about the daily reports, thank you to them all.

17th was a Gent who is not to be confused with a rotund geriatric, @Essexphil, and I was pleased to see @weecheez1 ease into 15th, he's a good guy with an interesting life story.

6th went to the beast @GFKIJKLL, 5th to @cleo86 and 4th went the way of @petman05.

3rd was the excellent @albaking, with @darryl1976 making his 2nd final of the evening in 2nd, following his 5th in Mini UKOPS 01.

The beauty of poker is that some results simply cannot be predicted, & no disrespect to him, it was a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, to see @TRAX get the win, very well done bud.

• Options
    Tonight?

2 Bounty Hunters, a Freezeout as the Mini Main, & a Turbo Rebuy Bounty Hunter.

Mini UKOPS 05 | £500 Bounty Hunter 6:30pm £2.20 £500 10 3,000

Mini UKOPS 06 | £1,500 Bounty Hunter 7:30pm £5.50 £1,500 10 3,000

Mini UKOPS 07 | £2,500 Freezeout 8:30pm £11 £2,500 12 3,000

Mini UKOPS 08 | £1,500 Turbo Rebuy Bounty Hunter 9:30pm £3.30 £1,500 7 2,000

You could, of course, swerve them all & watch the mighty Arsenal produce a scintillating display and score a hatful in the Europa League.

That shallot, back tomorrow with more amazeballs waffling.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Ronaldo's goal was better for me..... his shot actually came off his boot rather than his shin :D
  • Options

Ronaldo's goal was better for me..... his shot actually came off his boot rather than his shin :D

True, but Rooney always said that it's harder to volley it in off your shin than your boot. He has a point, I'd say.

Did you play any Mini UKOPS last night, or do as I did, swerve the poker & watch Liverpool demolish City?
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    No I can't play on Wednesdays usually.

I did manage to watch most of the match - Liverpool were excellent in that first half. Even had a cheeky tenner on Salah first goalscorer with Skybet's boosted price of 6/1 B)
  • Options
    conorshay1conorshay1 Member Posts: 139
    up the reds, had mane to score and Liverpool to win , get in 25 quid at 7s
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    You could, of course, swerve them all & watch the mighty Arsenal produce a scintillating display and score a hatful in the Europa League.

That shallot, back tomorrow with more amazeballs waffling.

"Scintillating"-never seen an Arsenal team so bereft of creative midfielders.
    The Europa League reminds me of a great Spurs chant "Thursday night, Channel 5"

i suppose my chant would be
    "He's old, he's round, his feet don't touch the ground, Essexphil...."

Keep up the good work
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Good job Tikay.

That was my fourth successive mention in a Ukops review. Do you think Bates and loololollo are getting nervous yet? :D
  • Options

Good job Tikay.

That was my fourth successive mention in a Ukops review. Do you think Bates and loololollo are getting nervous yet? :D

Never heard of either of them.

Good to see a bit of feedback, was starting to get worried. I'm not fishing for compliments, far from it, but it's kinda demoralising if there is no "bounce". I may have to start insulting folks if I do it tomorrow, that always works.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a deep run from the rotund roffler. I can't wait to see your next description of @Essexphil :)
  • Options

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a deep run from the rotund roffler. I can't wait to see your next description of @Essexphil :)

@Essexphil is the Rotund Roffler?

News to me, but I may use that.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Was alright.
  • Options

Was alright.

Go away, or I'll smash up your team coach.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111

Was alright.

Sorry, but Man City remind me of the Teekster. When the stakes are high, and the best are prepared to gamble, Citeh just fold :)
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    "Meh- could be better"

says the likeable Scot (surely an oxymoron)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Good job Tikay.

"The future of Sky MTTs" is what I have as my note for you!