You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site closed out of the blue?

JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
Hi,

was it just me or was it for all players I have loads of pre reged things still in and was in some MTTs not sure what just happened.

Thanks Binks

Comments

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    same happened to me, spoke to support was a site issue think its fine now
  • Options
    think its back up now and all good not sure what that was
  • Options
    closed again :(
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Hi Guys,

Yes, there have been some SB&G-wide issues all day, mainly affecting Bet & Vegas, but there may have been some residual problems for poker late this afternoon too.

As far as I can tell, Poker should be fine now.

If I hear any further, I will let you know.
  • Options
    Thanks Tikay seems fine now
  • Options

Good to hear @JJBinks

We need an Update on your Diary, come on.

You coming to SPT Notts this weekend?
  • Options

The latest I heard is that metrics across the whole site are returning to normal levels. Engineers are monitoring everything, & at the moment, it seems fine, though it has been somewhat sporadic since just after midday.
  • Options
    Thanks Tikay, wont be in Nots this time, but have been working on building a twitch setup, should be going live for this Sunday to stream sky MTTs,

so if people want to see me punt stacks they might want to come and take a look, ill try and make it entertaining but never done it before, so might take some getting used to.

Ill make a post in the forum on Saturday with all the details if that's ok Tikay?

its a good community of people here so hope I don't disappoint, never know I might bink a MTT if I punt enough :)

• Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    JJBinks said:

Thanks Tikay, wont be in Nots this time, but have been working on building a twitch setup, should be going live for this Sunday to stream sky MTTs,

so if people want to see me punt stacks they might want to come and take a look, ill try and make it entertaining but never done it before, so might take some getting used to.

Ill make a post in the forum on Saturday with all the details if that's ok Tikay?

its a good community of people here so hope I don't disappoint, never know I might bink a MTT if I punt enough :)

looking forward to this, good luck with it. what happened to your diary btw?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Big thumbs up from me for a Binks stream.

Will you be widening your range from just KK+ for this? ;)
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Goodluck mate. Will look forward to the stream :D
  • Options
    Thanks guys, as for the diary, before Manchester live event had a big job that I had to commit 100% of my time to, then went to play Manchester event which was great fun and great to meet the sky community, then went for a nice break away with the family for half term.

Came back to start playing and got hit with the news Stars was taking over at some point, and I know they are not big fans of forums so I felt moving over to a twitch stream would be more fun and better experience, going from Adams stream felt it might be worth a go, and try and stream every day.

Still really don't know much about the takeover and effects it will have on the forum.
  • Options

Big thumbs up from me for a Binks stream.

Will you be widening your range from just KK+ for this? ;)

you will see my nit ranges on Sunday young fella my lad :) just hope I get dealt AA a lot :)

also might do a giveaway for the first stream was thinking a new hot poker book -

Bounty's who needs em volume 1 by Duesenberg, would be great if I could get the legend to sign it (available at all good pound shops) :)
  • Options
    JJBinks said:

Thanks guys, as for the diary, before Manchester live event had a big job that I had to commit 100% of my time to, then went to play Manchester event which was great fun and great to meet the sky community, then went for a nice break away with the family for half term.

Came back to start playing and got hit with the news Stars was taking over at some point, and I know they are not big fans of forums so I felt moving over to a twitch stream would be more fun and better experience, going from Adams stream felt it might be worth a go, and try and stream every day.

Still really don't know much about the takeover and effects it will have on the forum.

Nobody does, to be honest, & that is the official line from SB&G - they genuinely don't know yet, it has not been addressed, & won't be for a while.

And when the takeover completes - a couple of months down the line - I doubt poker will be top of the list of things in deciding how the integration is planned & executed.

I'll comment further shortly about whether our Forum might continue, as I have a view on that.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    was my thinking Tikay to, we just have to wait and see what happens, that old saying no point in worrying about things we cant control.

as a side note I got to say hi and shake Tikays hand at Manchester and Mr chanings now that's a good day in poker for me :)

if people haven't gone to a live event they should go, everyone I met just made you really welcome and its great fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Will the forum continue?

I have no idea. Nobody does yet.

But here's the thing. The PLAYERS get input to that by the manner in which they post.

Since the Forum became my little area of responsibility, we have been a lot more liberal in allowing "critical" threads to remain open. I've not closed a single thread, or banned a single user. I want an "open" Forum where we can discuss awkward matters robustly.

If we say things like.....

Sky Bet cannot be trusted, they refuse to pay out.

PokerStars are an utter heap of poo.

And then, presumably completely being whooshed by the irony....

First thing 'Stars will do is close down the Forum

....would you blame them for closing it down?

If YOU owned the Business, & folks came on & said stuff like that, would YOU keep the Forum open?

Of course you would not.

And we cant just point the finger at Pokerstars for not liking Forums. Hardly ANY Online Poker Sites have in-house Forums now. And who should we blame for that? The sites, or the players?

As far as I'm concerned, this Forum & Community is very important. I'm completely aware of the impending threat to the Forum (& to my job), don't worry about that, I'm not daft. But I intend to continue to try to encourage you all make this Forum a decent place, where folks post responsibly, & can sensibly express views which may be uncomfortable for the owners to read, but which are true.

We've maybe been dealt 7-7 here & run into Aces, but you never know, we might just get there.

We could be toast in 2 months, or we could all still be here in 2 or more years. Up to a point, we can all contribute to that decision by using this Forum sensibly.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I agree with you Tikay I have learnt a massive amount from this forum and think its a fantastic place for people the come and learn and interact.

just wanted to make clear that when I said (twitch stream would be more fun and better experience) as above I meant that in a way that it was something new for me to try and the challenge would be fun and better experience in relation to just grinding every day on my own.

I'm not great with wording things so please don't feel that that was in any way related to the forum, it defiantly was not, I really like the forum and how its run. its probably just me over thinking but just wanted to be clear.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JJBinks said:

I agree with you Tikay I have learnt a massive amount from this forum and think its a fantastic place for people the come and learn and interact.

just wanted to make clear that when I said (twitch stream would be more fun and better experience) as above I meant that in a way that it was something new for me to try and the challenge would be fun and better experience in relation to just grinding every day on my own.

I'm not great with wording things so please don't feel that that was in any way related to the forum, it defiantly was not, I really like the forum and how its run.

No no, not at all @JJBinks, I took your Post EXACTLY as intended, it was 100% fine.

Don't have ANY problem with you promoting or mentioning your Twitch Stream, in fact if I have time, I'll mention it on the SPT Notts Live Update, which (we hope) reaches a wider audience.

It's all good, the more interaction the Forum generates, the better.

Yes, we can be Glass Half Full Freddy or a Negative Ninnie & assume the Forum will close, but there's no reason to lie down & die quietly, it behoves all of us who use the Forum to do their little bit.

It's a balance thing. Criticism is fine, but we have a small minority here who ONLY use the Forum to complain, & never make a positive post, or contribute an iota of effort to keep the place buzzing & revved up. They are the forum killers.
  • Options
    Thank you Tikay
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    For me, the fun community aspect, combined with things like keeping a diary/challenge going in here, ultimately means that the existence of the forum leads me to put in more volume on Sky (and thus pay more rake) than would otherwise be the case. I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom this is true and I sincerely hope the new owners will be able to view it as positive part of the site which does far more good than harm.

I am certainly confident that Tikay will be doing his best salesman job in this regard at the very least!