You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

she made you smile paige55

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    so what
    its probably just Tony running down her last few quid
    so you go on sharkscope to check on poor paiges account to see if shes played some 55 dyms and freerolls wpwp..
    for someone with your intellegence , wit and charm i find that sad , anyway, if it keeps you in the job of forum pulleruper crack on youth

RIP Paige
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2018
    Yeah maybe he is.

But if you were going to run down someone's last few quid, you wouldn't do that by regging freerolls. If anything that's going to increase the account balance, not decrease it.

The balance/account will live on forever if the account only plays freerolls.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but something doesn't quite add up....

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    edited May 2018
    maybe hes , Tony , saying to himself after every tiny score "thats for you treasure , i miss you" as his heart skips a beat :'(
    we don,t know
    the blokes grieving
    RIP Paige
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111

Yeah maybe he is.

But if you were going to run down someone's last few quid, you wouldn't do that by regging freerolls. If anything that's going to increase the account balance, not decrease it.

Hhy. you are insinuating that a man is lying about his wife having died. Someone who posted on here regularly. Really?

You are behaving disgracefully. Stop it. Now. No debate. No smart-**** comments. Just stop it.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Yeah maybe he is.

Hhy. you are insinuating that a man is lying about his wife having died. Someone who posted on here regularly. Really?

You are behaving disgracefully. Stop it. Now. No debate. No smart-**** comments. Just stop it.
    That's not what I'm insinuating.
  • Options
    Try the previous comment i flagged as abuse....
  • Options
    I repeat, it's not what I'm insinuating. It's not a million miles away, granted, but its not quite exactly that.

You're an intelligent guy, Phil, but I think you're gonna look really really stupid in the not too distant future.

Feel free to flag that for abuse.
  • Options
    RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 532
    edited May 2018
    It's somewhat surprising that Tony hasn't checked back into the thread to comment, particularly since he's been logged in to her account again...
  • Options

I repeat, it's not what I'm insinuating. It's not a million miles away, granted, but its not quite exactly that.

You're an intelligent guy, Phil, but I think you're gonna look really really stupid in the not too distant future.

I do not know if Paige has actually died, or has merely decided to die from the forum. Similarly, I do not know if you are abusing her actual or online death. Try showing your comments to your parents-I bet they'll be really proud.

I think we are going to be "discussing" this at a future SPT. Allegedly. And 1 of us is undoubtedly going to end up looking "really really stupid". I'm looking forward to that.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I do not know if Paige has actually died, or has merely decided to die from the forum. Similarly, I do not know if you are abusing her actual or online death. Try showing your comments to your parents-I bet they'll be really proud.

I think we are going to be "discussing" this at a future SPT. Allegedly. And 1 of us is undoubtedly going to end up looking "really really stupid". I'm looking forward to that.
    Quite possibly one of the most bizarre things I've read on here. And I've read plenty of tripe over the years.

How's that backtracking working out for you Phil?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    stokefc said:

so what
    its probably just Tony running down her last few quid

Without getting into the skepticism about the legitimacy of the OP which has been implied:

If someone else is on her account and playing Poker, then it's still account sharing.

Idk why they're playing freerolls, but the explanation for the account being used in that way would be that whoever is using the account finds it emotionally helpful to play games that Paige used to play. If that is the case, I sympathise but 'Paige55' still needs to be shut down and Tony needs to be instructed to create a new account in his own name if he wishes to play (He'll even get £10 free for doing so :wink: ). Chances are Tony doesn't play Poker otherwise and is unaware of the account sharing taboo. Sky can deal with the acc funds as they see fit in line with their T&Cs and with consideration for the situation if they see fit.

What should've happened is that whoever is using the @paige55 account contacts Sky, gets the account closed down, and Sky refunds any existing balance (even if that balance is below the minimum withdrawal).

It's best for Sky to not open the can of worms that would come with allowing any degree of 'acceptable' account sharing, regardless of whether people are sympathetic of the situation.

Personally, for that reason I think @hhyftrftdr is absolutely right to point out that the account is still being used.

---

If the situation is indeed that Tony is playing on the account, Sky should have handled it already - The thread is 2.5 weeks old and there's Sky staff on here to see the thread with the capability to pass on to the security team as needed. Additionally, @hhyftrftdr posted that 'Paige55' was playing the other day. It should have been dealt with when the thread was posted to ensure the account could no longer be used, and failing that it should have been seen and dealt with after Hhy's post on the 16th May.

I think it's poor from Sky to allow this situation to continue for as long as it has, and it doesn't fill me with confidence that account sharing isn't somewhat more commonplace on here than you'd otherwise expect if something as clear cut as this isn't dealt with.

We shouldn't just turn a blind eye to somebody playing on someone else's account just because we feel bad for what they're going through. Yes we can be sympathetic, maybe Sky will choose not to confiscate account funds or something, but we shouldn't allow the situation to continue forever.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line of "How long is long enough to grieve before account sharing matters?", and in other cases, "What is a permissable reason to account share?". See aforementioned can of worms.

@Tikay10 et al, can you please make sure that the security team sees the OP in the thread so that this situation can be looked into? The account appears to need shutting down. TIA.
  • Options
    I think you are misunderstanding hhy's point.

His theory is clearly that Sky have seen this thread, and because the account is still active, she must still be alive. And that Sky aren't commenting because of that. You don't seriously believe he has been trying to be helpful? :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

You don't seriously believe he has been trying to be helpful? :)

He's pointing out some marked inconsistency between what was written and what was subsequently done by the account, whereas you are suggesting that it is OK to announce one's ACTUAL death as a euphemism for quitting a forum. My eyes are bleeding.

• Options
    Tony can always go back to playing on his own account, of which the last game he played on Sky was in December 2015. Probably safe to assume he doesn't much care for the game/site anymore though, as that was a long time ago.

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Essexphil said:

His theory is clearly that Sky have seen this thread, and because the account is still active, she must still be alive. And that Sky aren't commenting because of that. You don't seriously believe he has been trying to be helpful? :)

I understood what Hhy is hinting at. I just realise that adding my £0.02 on whether Paige has actually died or not in this thread doesn't achieve anything, besides upsetting people by having that discussion.

His post is also still helpful in making others aware of the situation, irrespective of the underlying hint.

Tony can always go back to playing on his own account, of which the last game he played on Sky was in December 2015. Probably safe to assume he doesn't much care for the game/site anymore though, as that was a long time ago.

I was unaware that Tony had an account. Username?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Sky should just close account because from the information given, Paige has died and someone is still playing on her account, I’d assume that is enough for the business to close her account and return funds to the linked bank account.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    I'm happy if Trish is, as suggested, still alive and doing " Canoe Man" but, saddened that if (what I think has happened) her state of mind has deteriorated to confusion.
    I know she has been under lot's of pressure from bullies & trolls on and off this site and if you go back over her posts you will see confusion starting. Age related illness, shock, the onset of Dementia, can also have this effect on people whatever the reason she has my support. Sky are right to (not) jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    I don't know you goldon, but I doubt that your attempts at armchair diagnosis are helpful. Stop that.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,025
    The likely outcomes here are:

a) Paige has indeed passed away and for whatever reason her husband has decided to play on her account

Or

b) Paige is alive and must be in a bad way mentally to have started such a thread

Either way it's very sad. I know sensitivity doesn't appear to be one of Hhys strong points but I think we should all back off a bit and leave it to Sky to sort out.
  • Options
    EvilPingu said:

Essexphil said:

I understood what Hhy is hinting at. I just realise that adding my £0.02 on whether Paige has actually died or not in this thread doesn't achieve anything, besides upsetting people by having that discussion.

His post is also still helpful in making others aware of the situation, irrespective of the underlying hint.

I was unaware that Tony had an account. Username?
    Hunter1967.

Yet to be active on the forum since it changed, and last game on Sky was way back in December 2015.